God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

I know about the PS5 update for GoW 2018 but is there a chance they could launch a remastered version on PS5 to coincide with the release of Ragnarok? Either way, I hope there's a really cool special and collector's edition, PSN avatars and special PS5 faceplates and a controller. Maybe wishful thinking but that would be great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sony will announce the delay of God of War: Ragnarök to 2023

The delay, which has yet to be made official by Sony, has been confirmed by various European sources to Gamereactor.

https://www.gamereactor.es/sony-va-a-anunciar-el-retraso-de-god-of-war-ragnarok-a-2023-856573/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Sony will announce the delay of God of War: Ragnarök to 2023

The delay, which has yet to be made official by Sony, has been confirmed by various European sources to Gamereactor.

https://www.gamereactor.es/sony-va-a-anunciar-el-retraso-de-god-of-war-ragnarok-a-2023-856573/

FFS.... Well then i only have a single game to look forward to this year. The Callisto Protocoll, hopefully it delivers.

Jason Schreier says his sources just told him God of War Ragnarök is still slated for 2022

- It's hard to definitely prove a negative but Someone Who Would Know Firsthand just told me they haven't heard anything about a slip to 2023, as did Someone Else Who Might Know Secondhand.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarök-delayed-to-2023-according-to-gamereactor-spain-update-see-threadmarks.592872/page-9#post-87974145

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Jason Schreier says his sources just told him God of War Ragnarök is still slated for 2022

- It's hard to definitely prove a negative but Someone Who Would Know Firsthand just told me they haven't heard anything about a slip to 2023, as did Someone Else Who Might Know Secondhand.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarök-delayed-to-2023-according-to-gamereactor-spain-update-see-threadmarks.592872/page-9#post-87974145

God you are playing with my feelings! =) Hopefully Schreier is right. Been waiting for GoW sequel for waht feels like forever.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 7:29 PM, PortaLuna said:

I know about the PS5 update for GoW 2018 but is there a chance they could launch a remastered version on PS5 

why the hell would you want that? GoW holds up very well on ps5.

Release date will be unveiled tomorrow June 9th.

Edited by Infected Elite

I know this might sound dumb, but I'm actually a little worried about the story. I was hoping they were going to do Norse as well as they did Greek myth but so far that's questionable. The little changes here and there didn't really bug me, but the whole "Loki" twist really threw me for a loop.

Ever since GoW came out I've been wondering, and trying to figure out, how they could write their way out of that in a satisfactory way... and I just can't imagine it. Add in the fact that this is gonna be the last one and it'll be even harder to do. 

I dunno... I hope I'm wrong. I'm still excited for the game itself but I'm definitely keeping my expectations for the story in check lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

why the hell would you want that? GoW holds up very well on ps5.

Release date will be unveiled tomorrow June 9th.

Why the hell not? Sure, it holds up well, but the PS5 edition could be the definitive experience.

Edited by PortaLuna
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

why the hell would you want that? GoW holds up very well on ps5

GOW on PS5 with its checherboard 4k rendering looks like utter dogshit with its reconstruction error artifacts when compared to native 4k

GOW desperately needs a 4k native remaster for PS5, to say otherwise is just factually wrong

the fact that the PC version of GOW is the "definitive" version of it, is a slap in the face of everybody who bought a PlaySation console ever

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Investigator said:

GOW on PS5 with its checherboard 4k rendering looks like utter dogshit with its reconstruction error artifacts when compared to native 4k

GOW desperately needs a 4k native remaster for PS5, to say otherwise is just factually wrong

the fact that the PC version of GOW is the "definitive" version of it, is a slap in the face of everybody who bought a PlaySation console ever

I dont pay too much detail. Also not a slap in the face. I beat this game when it released. No desire to just playthrough again because of a ps5 patch. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I dont pay too much detail. Also not a slap in the face. I beat this game when it released. No desire to just playthrough again because of a ps5 patch. 

we're not asking for a ps5 patch, we want a from the ground up 100% utilization of the ps5 hardware remaster in native 4k with better effects and graphics, similar or better of what's on PC, which is 100% possible on PS5 at 30fps, people that want graphics can have that mode, people who want 60fps can stick with the checkerboard 4k ps4pro 60fps version on PS5 BC

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Investigator said:

we're not asking for a ps5 patch, we want a from the ground up 100% utilization of the ps5 hardware remaster in native 4k with better effects and graphics, similar or better of what's on PC, which is 100% possible on PS5 at 30fps, people that want graphics can have that mode, people who want 60fps can stick with the checkerboard 4k ps4pro 60fps version on PS5 BC

Then keep asking, its not going to happen lol

Also guess i was wrong on predicting GoW was gonna show but whatever. Guess Sony goes all in state of play Sept..Dec release. with Last of Us in sept and Forspoken Oct.

Edited by Infected Elite

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

keep dreamin then kid

dreaming for what? I'm playing GOW in native 4k on my PC, the only dreaming done is done by you and I don't blame you, when playing games in checkerboard 4k it feels like dreaming, all blurry and no details

2 hours ago, The Investigator said:

dreaming for what? I'm playing GOW in native 4k on my PC, the only dreaming done is done by you and I don't blame you, when playing games in checkerboard 4k it feels like dreaming, all blurry and no details

i legit dont give a damn. I work much more than i play. I'm more of a collector. i also dont dream.