God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Ragnarok = the great war leading to the destruction of Asgard

Anybody who has either seen the Thor film or has played the 2018 game will know this. 

Whether that "sits well" with you or not is on you. Marvel don't own anything to do with Norse mythology and they certainly weren't the first to adapt it, calling a game "Ragnarok" betrays no lack of creativity whatsoever.

Hey, hold up, wasn't the airship in Final Fantasy VIII called the "Ragnarok"? That's where I first heard of the name. Gosh, Marvel must be so creatively bankrupt to have taken its name for their movie!

And people wonder why these forums are so toxic. Well I am out. Just shared my opinion but clearly that is meant to bash me as a human. 

1 hour ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

So? Santa Monica Studio do nothing else but God of War. And since the last one sold over ten million copies, making a new one was a no-brainer. Again, you're easy to please, right?

You better learn some English, matey.

There's no need to put other people down. As a PlayStation community, today is a great day for us! Just be happy with all of the awesome news we just received and let people enjoy things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Hey, hold up, wasn't the airship in Final Fantasy VIII called the "Ragnarok"? That's where I first heard of the name. Gosh, Marvel must be so creatively bankrupt to have taken its name for their movie!

For me it was FF6 and it was always so tough because you could either get the Esper or the Sword.

Now the spell the Esper taught you could be learned a different way and the sword could be traded for the best sword in the game...so I never got the Esper :(

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

And people wonder why these forums are so toxic. Well I am out. Just shared my opinion but clearly that is meant to bash me as a human. 

Nobody was "bashing you as a human" pal ?, but take care, adios

• Like 3

Well, I loved the 2018 one, so I definitely can't wait to play this one. I am however not as optimistic as some are about the release date, if it even gets released in 2021, I expect it to be late in the year, but I would not be surprised by a delay, mostly because they showed us nothing, just a line or two of dialogue over a logo. They pretty much told us it is being made, which we all already knew, let's be honest, still, when I heard the music, goose bumps.

For those that are interested in knowing more about this mythology and also want an entertaining read, I recommend Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, it is a short story collection, an authentic retelling of Norse myths, and it gives a good idea about Ragnarok too. The gods are very much portrayed in a similar way to GoW.

4 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

It was just a joke, sorry :D

Lol, that's okay. My heart skipped a beat when I seen more details coming soon, until looked twice and seen PonySantaMonica ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

If the 2018 game took 5 years to make, when did development of this one begin?

I'd honestly expect the development took place along side God of War(2018). Maybe not through the whole duration but I'd bet they were designing the realms you couldn't access in the game as parts for Ragnorok.