God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

Can’t believe Cory Barlog had confirmed the name of this sequel over a year ago...

https://mobile.twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1119846983252893696?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.jeuxvideo.com%2fnews%2f1290561%2fgod-of-war-ragnarok-cory-barlog-avait-tease-l-arrivee-de-cette-suite-il-y-a-plus-d-un-an.htm

For all those we know what an acrostic is ?

I’m already hyped as hell... The 2018 reboot is among my GOAT games, this will be a must-play for me ?

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

I know this is troll bait but Imma bite anyway.

Marvel doesn't own "Ragnarök" or the right to use it in a title. 

And the new games DO fit in the timeline. When Kratos killed himself he went through a dimensional rift and ended up in Midgard. Not hard to figure out.

Its really not troll bait. I just don't like the reboot. The name thing is picky sure, and the dimensional rift isnt the part of the story that doesnt make sense to me. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God Of War: Ragnarok Picks Up Last Of Us 2, Uncharted Sound Designer

"The team working on God of War: Ragnarok has gotten even more talented recently, as sound designer Beau Anthony Jimenez (The Last of Us Part 2, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) announced earlier this week he had joined the PlayStation Sound team - and that he's working on the next God of War game as his first project."

• Like 3

Call me an idiot, and yes please do :)

I'm not sure where all of you are getting so hyped up. I checked the first post and all I saw was a logo being drawn, is that all there is to look at so far?

There's very little to see to get hyped up about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 11:05 AM, enaysoft said:

I'm not sure where all of you are getting so hyped up. I checked the first post and all I saw was a logo being drawn, is that all there is to look at so far?

Well I suppose that one’s hype-o-meter will depend on whether she/he liked the first game, doesn’t it? ?

For a bloke like me, who considers the 2018 God of War as one of the best games he has ever played, even a logo is definitely something to be hyped about... 

PS - sorry, didn’t feel like calling you an idiot ? 

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 5:05 AM, enaysoft said:

People like the 2018 game...so obviously an announcement for the sequel is all anyone really needs to get their hype going. 

• Like 1

i still doubt this will be released in 2021. However nowadays games seemingly get an announcement trailer, go quiet for months, then 10+min deep dive, then shortly after a story trailer and release date...

With lack of big gaming events in 2021 and sonys State of Play becoming a major joke (last good one was the ps5), who knows whats to come. I mean Kena is apparently confirmed for mid March. i call BS on that. 

But i am hyped for a sequel. i love the GoW franchise. Glad it's more than just hack and slash like the ps2 era. I wonder how much they will change gameplay style/mechanic wise though... perhaps a touch farther behind for camera... maybe a jump button? 

Either way Kratos vs Thor, is a worthy main event lmao. 

ideally would be nice...

Kena - April

Returnal - April

Ratchet- early June

GoW - End of July

Horizon 2 - November. 

17 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i still doubt this will be released in 2021. However nowadays games seemingly get an announcement trailer, go quiet for months, then 10+min deep dive, then shortly after a story trailer and release date...

With lack of big gaming events in 2021 and sonys State of Play becoming a major joke (last good one was the ps5), who knows whats to come. I mean Kena is apparently confirmed for mid March. i call BS on that. 

But i am hyped for a sequel. i love the GoW franchise. Glad it's more than just hack and slash like the ps2 era. I wonder how much they will change gameplay style/mechanic wise though... perhaps a touch farther behind for camera... maybe a jump button? 

Either way Kratos vs Thor, is a worthy main event lmao. 

ideally would be nice...

Kena - April

Returnal - April

Ratchet- early June

GoW - End of July

Horizon 2 - November. 

Sadden that Returnal got pushed back a month. Was looking forward to it. Really can’t wait for Kena to come out. Game looks amazing from the trailer and I just loved the art style. But I do feel GoW will be delayed till 2022. They only showed a teaser of the name, and say it’s ready for 2021. Makes me skeptical that everything is not done. Obviously I could be wrong, but who knows. Gladly will wait than get another Cyberpunk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Sadden that Returnal got pushed back a month. Was looking forward to it. Really can’t wait for Kena to come out. Game looks amazing from the trailer and I just loved the art style. But I do feel GoW will be delayed till 2022. They only showed a teaser of the name, and say it’s ready for 2021. Makes me skeptical that everything is not done. Obviously I could be wrong, but who knows. Gladly will wait than get another Cyberpunk

well obvs virus is the issue. Or a major one. Goes both ways, it can BE a reason for delays due to tougher work remotely, OR it can easily be used as an excuse and no one bats an eye. 

Cyberpunk will eventually be fine. God of War should be 2022, Kena yeah, like it looks good but still so little is known. Far Cry being delayed was a given as it was just about 2months away and all we had was a 1min trailer lol. 

I also think next time we see FF16, itll show other areas and more party members... i just hope they dont screw up like Bandai did Tales of Xillia 2, where the white haired kid(forgot his name lol), was so overpowered for having his time change power that no one else could use. 

but yea i do wish for new weapons in GoW:Ragnarok. i remember GoW2 had the spear, it was cool. Blades obviously, and barbarians hammer. Just have like a 3rd option other than Leviathan Axe and Blades. I'd also like if Kratos just has all the abilities he had in 2018 but they're "weaker " to the enemies in Ragnarok. Like oh wow everything i learned isn't doing it anymore. Instead of the cliche crap "i lost my powers. or magic stripped from me". Ive always hated that.

16 hours ago, Void said:

I just wonder will this arc take 6 games over all like the Olympus arc or will they condense it down a bit.

hopefully condense it... Have this one end with Ragnarok finally happening and causing chaos. GoW 3 (ps5) happens in 2024, shit hits the fan. Kratos and Boy sail off for good after, or Kratos dies for good

Edited by Infected Elite

On 2021-02-07 at 8:17 AM, Void said:

I just wonder will this arc take 6 games over all like the Olympus arc or will they condense it down a bit.

From what I understand it’s going to be a trilogy. I would prefer to get 15 games in the Nordic mythology setting. But we all know that won’t happen. 

On 11/02/2021 at 6:05 AM, Quink666 said:

From what I understand it’s going to be a trilogy. I would prefer to get 15 games in the Nordic mythology setting. But we all know that won’t happen. 

There are plenty of games out there steeped in Norse mythology/viking culture, if you know where to look. A couple that spring to mind right away are Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Jotun: Valhalla Edition, Viking Squad, Volgarr the Viking and the Banner Saga games. I also recall some older games like Age of Mythology, Saga Rage of the vikings and Viking: Battle for Asgard (I haven't played this last one, I just remember it coming out). No need to wait for God of War: Ragnarok to get your Norse mythology fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Raganarok isn't even it's official title of the game, that's why Sony didn't upload this teaser on their channel.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, PlanetCheat said:

Glad "Ragnarok" is part of the title in place of a "2," otherwise that would make things complicated in discussions encompassing the entire franchise. 

Just a minor thought about the title. 

Like I said, Ragnarok still not the official title of the game.

"The short teaser trailer did not officially reveal the name of the sequel, but just like the runes from the dynamic theme, the trailer stated that "Ragnarök is coming." This led some sources to believe the title of the game to be God of War: Ragnarök, though this has not been confirmed by Sony. The tagline implies that this will be the start of Ragnarök in the God of War universe, which in Norse mythology is a series of events that bring about the end of days and deaths of the Norse gods. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_God_of_War_sequel

Edited by Life-is-Torture
quoting

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-2-2021 at 8:17 AM, Void said:

I'm assuming it's going to be a trilogy. They teased Thor in the previous game and Freya will be coming after you for killing Baldur. Then we have Odin left as the main bad guy for the last game, in which I guess, Kratos will end up dying as predicted by the frost giants. Maybe they do a spin-off afterwards where you play as a grown up Atreus.

Edited by TheNarrator-23

• 2 months later...