God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

So not only can the reboot GoW not really make any sense in the story or have it really tied to the other games in the series and then try to make a last of us type feel for the game which didnt work out, they now rip off Title names. Ragnarok?! Really couldn't think of anything better than that. I mean I know Thor is a main baddie in this but now they are blatantly using basically a Marvel movie title. Doesnt sit well with me.

• Like 2

You are hyped by a short clip of a game that we knew was coming since 2018? Really? Well, you're really easy to please, aren't ya?

Don't get me wrong, the last God of War is a masterpiece and easily my favorite game of this now ending generation. But it takes a bit more than Kratos's voice and music from the last game to hype me.

• Like 1

Just now, Stan Lee said:

Correct, I'm hyped for an official announcement of a sequel to a fantastic game which is coming next year, fuck me right?

So? Santa Monica Studio do nothing else but God of War. And since the last one sold over ten million copies, making a new one was a no-brainer. Again, you're easy to please, right?

Just now, ZeromusF4 said:

I better poo poo someone who excited

You better learn some English, matey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Well there was a lot of "yikes" in that "honest opinion" of yours but hey, you do you

Correct, I'm hyped for an official announcement of a sequel to a fantastic game which is coming next year, fuck me right?

Well I understand I am in the minority but thats okay. I hope its better than the first. Obviously fans should be very excited though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I dunno who pissed in your cornflakes this morning pal but I suggest you find something better to do than talk down at people online.

I don't care whether you like it or not, you do you, as I said, not dogging your take on the game itself, but your suggestion that Marvel has the monopoly on titles and Norse Mythology is pretty hilarious

So what I mean is that most people who dont know mythology their immediate reaction will probably think of Thor Ragnarok when they hear Ragnarok and when I pair that with other things GoW did that came very close to borrowing other aspects of games. It didnt sit well with me, I feel they could have been way more creative. 

5 minutes ago, pieroV_86 said:

will it be on ps4?? my only fear is playing the new saga between two different consoles :( lile the previous one. 

Nothing confirmed yet, but it could happen.

EDIT: Horizon Forbidden West is also coming to PS4

Edited by Ghost

57 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

So not only can the reboot GoW not really make any sense in the story or have it really tied to the other games in the series and then try to make a last of us type feel for the game which didnt work out, they now rip off Title names. Ragnarok?! Really couldn't think of anything better than that. I mean I know Thor is a main baddie in this but now they are blatantly using basically a Marvel movie title. Doesnt sit well with me.

Lol what, it made perfect sense, do you really need every bit of the story spoon fed to you to understand it? This “last of us” feel you talked about worked out perfectly. Sounds like someone’s a little sour that the series has matured. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nothing confirmed yet, but it could happen.

EDIT: Horizon Forbidden West is also coming to PS4

I don’t get how a game built to run on PS5 can run on PS4, typically when Sony makes an exclusive game they don’t make a previous gen version.

11 minutes ago, pieroV_86 said:

will it be on ps4?? my only fear is playing the new saga between two different consoles :( lile the previous one. 

I hope not, the PS4 would just hold it back from being next gen. 

15 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

So what I mean is that most people who dont know mythology their immediate reaction will probably think of Thor Ragnarok when they hear Ragnarok and when I pair that with other things GoW did that came very close to borrowing other aspects of games. It didnt sit well with me, I feel they could have been way more creative. 

Lol backseat developer, it’s plenty creative, stop being a stump in the mud, accept change, it’ll make life easier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I don’t get how a game built to run on PS5 can run on PS4, typically when Sony makes an exclusive game they don’t make a previous gen version.

Yeah, I was surprised by this but it also makes sense. It's not possible on Ratchet and Clank however due to Insomniac Games utilizing the SSD so you can teleport to different worlds in less than a second

So it makes sense that Horizon can also be on PS4 since it's just one open world to explore.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol what, it made perfect sense, do you really need every bit of the story spoon fed to you to understand it? This “last of us” feel you talked about worked out perfectly. Sounds like someone’s a little sour that the series has matured. 

I hope not, the PS4 would just hold it back from being next gen. 

Lol backseat developer, it’s plenty creative, stop being a stump in the mud, accept change, it’ll make life easier.

Please don't attack me or be rude. I have been respectful to other opinions. That is just my take on it. Doesnt make it wrong.