PS5 Price and Release Date

NOWITSREYNTIME17

I really don't see how Xbox can compete with these prices. In the UK, Xbox Series S - a downgraded model - is going to be £299, while PS5 Digital Edition is going to be £359. Even in the middle of a pandemic, I don't think that price is inaccessible for the vast majority of gamers. And based on specs alone, I think the winner is pretty clear.

If I recall correctly, PS4 launched at £349, seven years ago. It's a hell of a thing for Sony to launch the successor for just a tenner more. It takes care of existing PS4 owners, and it's also a great entry point.

Well played, Sony.

• Like 1

Very good competitive price tbh, and I think that PS5 is going to start with the right foot. As lunching console, I think is super nice versus what Microsoft is expecting.

On the other side, could be that a potential enhanced/black versions will feature online digital versions? There aren't many countries where internet can be good to allow just downloading games rather than physical, but considering the throttle of that, I hope they have already fixed it for this gen. 

Just be careful with PS5 game upgrades for PS4 games

I had to read it twice as it didnt make sense first, probably wont be for all games, but for some Sony exclusives coming to both, take note of this;

-- DIGITAL PS4 exclusives, will upgrade to both DIGITAL/PHYSICAL PS5. 

-- But some PHYSICAL PS4 exclusives will ONLY upgrade on PHYSICAL PS5! 

Sure they will mention this more, just atm its kinda lost. Just be careful you dont plan for some upgrades and then realise you cant xD

Really, atm, PHYSICAL PS5 can get all game upgrades, and DIGITAL PS5 will be limited! 

Edited by Optinooby

Shoot, making me decide quick on if I want to pre-order or not.

I probably will if a retailer near me is one with open preorders and they don't sell out too quick.  I'll likely double dip on a "slim" halfway through the gen again, so no reason to wait too long getting my first one.

Edited by Dreakon13