PS5 Price and Release Date

NOWITSREYNTIME17

$750 AUD for Disk and $599 AUD for Digital.

Considering I was expecting $800+ I'm pleasantly surprised lol. Definitely getting disk version due to memeworthy prices of new games on AUS PSN. I might save $150 right away by going Digital but I know I'll save a ton more in the long run going with Disk.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

1 EUR = 1 USD. Never change, Sony. Can't wait to pay 600 dollars for the standard edition in Europe.

In Europe it's the final price. In USA taxes come to it. Roughly +20%.

I'm very happy with the price and now just wait a year or two until good games are released :) more than just 1 or 2 i want

1 hour ago, ddrakner said:

Basically, in Europe we get it a week later and with an higher price. Nice one sony. 

Still, it's a good price In my opinion!

28 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

1 EUR = 1 USD. Never change, Sony. Can't wait to pay 600 dollars for the standard edition in Europe.

21 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Guess importing from the US will be faster and cheaper smh. 

Since this still doesn't seem to be clear - your EU prices include VAT. The 500 Euros is the final price. The US (and Canadian prices) are pre-tax. Depending on the state/province there will an addition 5-10% (or more) added to the US price.

For the most part, you are NOT paying more in EU than US.

11 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I think I'm going to get the digital edition. Since GCU expired I haven't purchased any new games physically because digital sales are nearly always better and I'm keeping my PS4 so not being able to use those discs I have already wont be a problem. The $100 savings is probably worth it.

I find new release games are always more expensive on the store though. Here in Aus I can get a brand new title for $79 or sometimes $69 in a physical release but on the store it's always $100 or more. Yes, they have more sales for older games but that $100 discount on the digital console won't even cover a few new release games for me. I went with the disc drive version.

Edited by PeachyJacobs
Edit: The difference in price for the 2 consoles here is actually $150.

1 hour ago, GTA_Darren said:

This makes sense to me. How can you get physical PS4 disc into digital PS5 console which has no disc drive?

Lol, nice 1 xD

Well we could all wish that if we buy a phys PS4 game, that they will send us a free PS5 version in the post right xD

The upgrades are digital only, otherwise I would have a free income going forward

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Considering I was expecting $800+ I'm pleasantly surprised lol. Definitely getting disk version due to memeworthy prices of new games on AUS PSN. I might save $150 right away by going Digital but I know I'll save a ton more in the long run going with Disk.

This exactly. All my friends went for disk for the exact reason.

Also kinda funny that at my local Ebgames the manager I'm friendly with were adamant it'll be $850 and I can't wait to rub it in that I was right all along to them.

48 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I find new release games are always more expensive on the store though. Here in Aus I can get a brand new title for $79 or sometimes $69 in a physical release but on the store it's always $100 or more. Yes, they have more sales for older games but that $100 discount on the digital console won't even cover a few new release games for me. I went with the disc drive version.

Ah sorry mate. That's not the case here in the US but totally makes sense why you would go the physical route in your region.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Since this still doesn't seem to be clear - your EU prices include VAT. The 500 Euros is the final price. The US (and Canadian prices) are pre-tax. Depending on the state/province there will an addition 5-10% (or more) added to the US price.

For the most part, you are NOT paying more in EU than US.

Thanks for the clarification, I actually didn't know that.

• Like 1

It's a good price, especially for the digital-only version. Sony must be taking quite a big loss with every one of those sold, hoping they'll make it back in software sales. I'm sure being cheaper by $100 will tempt a lot of normies. The price of that version is irrelevant to me though - I get my games physically whenever possible and that's not going to change next gen either. I'll be getting the disc version, but I'm in no rush. Maybe by the time I buy one, they'll bundle in a game or something.