PS5 Price and Release Date

NOWITSREYNTIME17

Looks like the US Best Buy pre-orders are all gone for now. I was stuck in limbo of having it in my cart but not being able to pay for the last hour or so, now you can't even add it to your cart. It just says "Coming Soon".

So maybe there will be more available tomorrow? Like, when pre-orders were actually supposed to go live? I'll try again then, I'm done with the frustration for tonight.

28 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Looks like the US Best Buy pre-orders are all gone for now. I was stuck in limbo of having it in my cart but not being able to pay for the last hour or so, now you can't even add it to your cart. It just says "Coming Soon".

So maybe there will be more available tomorrow? Like, when pre-orders were actually supposed to go live? I'll try again then, I'm done with the frustration for tonight.

Same, frustrating

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Conker said:

Yeah I’m glad I’m waiting, not gonna pay $750 for disc version, plus waiting gives time for more games to come out and hopefully all faults gone 

With everything going on right now, I highly doubt there's going to be a regular supply chain anytime soon.people will be competing for this console for months

So if I buy a game on my US account I pay $69.99 + 10% tax = $77

If I buy it on my main (Swedish) account I pay $94

I won't buy games until they're atleast 50% off, at those rates.

I don't expect to get a PS5 until at least 5-6 months after release, hopefully some games are cheaper then.

I pre-ordered the PS4, but didn't get one until 4 months after release, so I'm not doing that mistake again.

This time I'll just pick one up when they're available for everyone at retailers, if I get one at all.

$500 is good enough of a price. While I'll get a PS5, I'm not jumping on it at launch though... let's see what the Day One group has to say first.

As for $70 game prices, that's only for some of them such as Demon's Souls, NBA 2K21, and Destruction AllStars. Sackboy A Big Adventure is going for $60. Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be $50 ($70 is for an Ultimate Edition with a remaster of PS4 Marvel's Spider-Man).

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I'm fine with the console itself, but the price of games are god damn ridiculous.

i personally don't find the $10 increase too bad. 

However it was soft confirmed earlier that available space on ps5 is 620ish GB.. soooo thats a lot of space the OS takes up. Cant wait till the upgraded drives are known. Get myself a 4TB.

plus how many Playstation 5 threads do we need....

Just now, LegacyJKO09 said:

i personally don't find the $10 increase too bad.

It's not just a $10 increase where I am. 

You can get any standard edition PS4 game here for £45 or less on release, without exception. That's about $60.

The cheapest I've been able to find Demon's Souls is £65, or $84. But most places want £70.

Console price is good, was exactly as I expected $600/$750, the prices of games are bullshit though. 

Americans have it good at ONLY $10 increase, here in Australia the games are more like a $50 increase. Amazon and JBHiFi usually have games set at around $69 while EBGames has always been around $99 (cant beat EB policies on returns and warranty thank fuck for price matching), and now we're looking at $124.95 everywhere.

I can only hope the prices become more realistic in the future ($80-$90 max), I guess now I'm forced to make the decision to buy and play straight away or wait 6 months for a heavy sale.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

However it was soft confirmed earlier that available space on ps5 is 620ish GB.. soooo thats a lot of space the OS takes up. Cant wait till the upgraded drives are known. Get myself a 4TB.

Supposedly the compression/decompression software makes this a moot point, if the claims about how fast they are hold up. I haven't seen anything regarding game software size yet, but I'm not actively looking.

If you're thinking about a 4TB that's fast enough, however? Start saving early, because it'll probably be a minimum $600-800 price tag. I'm hoping Sabrent puts out an 8TB Rocket 4 that's fast enough, but cry at the likelihood of a $2k price tag.

The price of the console was expected, at any rate.

Price for console is what I expected, but was HOPING for $400 as an unexpected surprise (for disc based). Not happy about the price increase on games though...I didn't like when they raised to $60, so I don't like this either. Sales are a must now.