Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

Vergil

Oh wow soooo we get DMC4 Vergil back with some DmC flavored Vergil. I assume we will be able to control the Doppelganger mode, from what I see in the video.

Curious what are the new Beowulf movesets in this entry, I already saw a mad Drive attack for Force Edge that looks crazy xD Yep, LDK was made for Vergil. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

So, can you use him on every mission?

You can, though you won't play the alternate paths on m7 and m13 (this one is rather useless, the other one makes you miss out on a half of a unique level but whatever, you'll have already played it as V).

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a bit bummed there's no gold "S rank every mission as Vergil" trophy. Unlike the base game one, this one would be fun because Vergil's such an unstoppable powerhouse

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

You can, though you won't play the alternate paths on m7 and m13 (this one is rather useless, the other one makes you miss out on a half of a unique level but whatever, you'll have already played it as V).

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a bit bummed there's no gold "S rank every mission as Vergil" trophy. Unlike the base game one, this one would be fun because Vergil's such an unstoppable powerhouse

Will it pop the standard editions "s rank all difficulty" trophies? And would Vergil be easier than the other 3 characters? He's who I used to get all the S ranks in DMC4 SE

3 hours ago, eXb1azed23 said:

Will it pop the standard editions "s rank all difficulty" trophies? And would Vergil be easier than the other 3 characters? He's who I used to get all the S ranks in DMC4 SE

That's what I want to know too! I know you can't in DMC5SE.

3 hours ago, eXb1azed23 said:

DMC5SE mentions this :

Worthy of Legend
Clear all missions with S rank on all difficulties as Nero, Dante, or V. (HoH, LDK excluded)

DMC5 Standard just says S Rank all missions, no specific characters mentioned

Have been doing some reading, apparently the only trophies you can unlock with Vergil are his specific ones.

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, eXb1azed23 said:

I'd say it won't based on DMC5SE, like @SecondGenesis noted. He's quite a good bit easier than the other three though, so at the very least you won't be having a hard time or a bad time with his levels. I'm currently on SoS after clearing Devil Hunter full S ranking everything along the way in a day, and SoS isn't really hard to S rank either so far, whereas with the other three I was already struggling to clear S ranks after S ranking Devil Hunter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I'd say it won't based on DMC5SE, like @SecondGenesis noted. He's quite a good bit easier than the other three though, so at the very least you won't be having a hard time or a bad time with his levels. I'm currently on SoS after clearing Devil Hunter full S ranking everything along the way in a day, and SoS isn't really hard to S rank either so far, whereas with the other three I was already struggling to clear S ranks after S ranking Devil Hunter.

Yea same, im struggling to even clear DMD mode, which I dont get. I cleared 1-4's DMD mode pretty easily, but 5 is just rage inducing. I figured Vergil would be OP so was really hoping we could just use him ?. 

7 hours ago, eXb1azed23 said:

Yea same, im struggling to even clear DMD mode, which I dont get. I cleared 1-4's DMD mode pretty easily, but 5 is just rage inducing. I figured Vergil would be OP so was really hoping we could just use him 1f61b.png

I find 5's DMD to still be easier than DMC1's. DMC1's DMD is truly Satan's creation. DMC5's isn't even as hard as 3's, now that I think about it. It does have some absolutely unbelievable difficulty spikes that make no sense (most notably m17, m18, m19) though.

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I find 5's DMD to still be easier than DMC1's. DMC1's DMD is truly Satan's creation. DMC5's isn't even as hard as 3's, now that I think about it. It does have some absolutely unbelievable difficulty spikes that make no sense (most notably m17, m18, m19) though.

I cleared Dante Must Die a while ago and I remember missions 4 and 5 were the most annoying to complete since V lacks any mechanical depth. Perhaps the reason why you consider DMC1's Dante Must Die more challenging is because you were younger and less experienced than you are now. There are cheese strategies that work in every Devil May Cry, in the original you could use recovery items and some of Ifrit's attacks to destroy shit. I won't refer to the sequel since that should never had been made in the first place!  

19 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I cleared Dante Must Die a while ago and I remember missions 4 and 5 were the most annoying to complete since V lacks any mechanical depth. Perhaps the reason why you consider DMC1's Dante Must Die more challenging is because you were younger and less experienced than you are now. There are cheese strategies that work in every Devil May Cry, in the original you could use recovery items and some of Ifrit's attacks to destroy shit. I won't refer to the sequel since that should never had been made in the first place!  

Nah. I don't cheese anything and I want S ranks so no items, plus I made the huge mistake of destroying Nightmare's core in one of the earlier encounters which resulted in a WAY harder Nightmare 3 encounter. DMC5 only has a few sticking points on DMD, but they're all easily overcome. When you count S ranks the hard parts become m10, m12, m17, m18, m19, m20 and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others, and of those the REALLY tough ones (because the devs didn't account for the length of those levels) are m10, m12 and m18. DMC1 had a fuckton more missions I could barely get through by the skin of my teeth. Then a few weeks later I did DMC3 and cleared it all easily.

13 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Can Vergil instantly do DMD if I've unlocked all difficulties with the other three or will I have to do DH and SoS as Vergil beforehand? As well, I'm assuming the red orbs I had from before can be used on Vergil and he doesn't need to get his own?

He can do DMD from the get go and you can use the previously earned red orbs on him.

Edited by Valtekken173

On 16/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, eXb1azed23 said:

Don't know if it will pop, but easier/harder depends on you. You can't cheese as with Dante (Faust spam) but overall Vergil is much easier to use than him and Nero (no need to change styles / devil breakers, and a perfect Judgement Cut gives you a lot of style points).

I just did SoS and I S-ranked everything first try except M10 and M20 which took few attempts. I expect DMD and HaH to be much harder, though.

Disappointed that there is no trophy for all S-rank as well :(

EDIT

Use Vergil, he's fucking unstoppable once you learn how to use him. Even DMD is a piece of cake.

Edited by nudoetcrudo

On 12/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

Don't know if it will pop, but easier/harder depends on you. You can't cheese as with Dante (Faust spam) but overall Vergil is much easier to use than him and Nero (no need to change styles / devil breakers, and a perfect Judgement Cut gives you a lot of style points).

I just did SoS and I S-ranked everything first try except M10 and M20 which took few attempts. I expect DMD and HaH to be much harder, though.

Disappointed that there is no trophy for all S-rank as well :(

EDIT

Use Vergil, he's fucking unstoppable once you learn how to use him. Even DMD is a piece of cake.

Vergil is OP but doesn't count for any of the trophies except beating LDK, beating campaign as Vergil, unlocking all his skills, beating Bloody Palace with everyone, and beating Mission 19 with only Yamato.

S-ranks with Vergil don't count for squat.