PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

Total crap if you ask me. 

Playstation 5 is BC, so you can play all of these for free anyway. 

Oh, but what about those that skipped EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES AND THE PS4 ALTOGETHER you ask? 

Too effin bad, I say. So now those of us who are actual Sony fans (the ones most likely to buy PS5 day one) get nothing from this "new" feature. I say "new" because this is the same damn thing as the IGC which Sony did away with long ago. 

This was by far the worst part of the show for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

What are the odds these have separate ps5 trophy lists?

If not, it’s a great deal for new players but I own like almost everyone of these already. But that’s okay.

This is what I want to know. I own 9/18 of these games, and they're the only ones that interested me. Separate trophy lists would be grand, especially because I have a few of those games plat'd already.

38 minutes ago, rabatopotatoe said:

You can use the website

This is what I assume as well. Remember that it's a new system, but the same old PSN. You can just claim the games through the normal PSN+ section of the store and be done with it.

• Like 1

This is a really good way to open up the availability for a day one purchase. There are usually not many options when a platform is released which is why I normally wait until later on and it is more established. The games that were chosen too are pretty top notch. Wide variety of genres and some of them are like 100 hour titles. While I do have a majority already that is ok, it is better than PS1 when you got a demo disc with the purchase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

this is an incredible offer for people who skipped PS4 or who are thinking of buying a PlayStation for the first time, if I was on the fence and I hadn't played on PS this past gen this would do it for me

Let's get those XBOX players who skipped out on PS4 and get them into trophy hunting while playing amazing games. Convert! We got to remember there are many others who have never played or owned these games in the past.

Edited by MrTrofyHunter
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Unbelievable. 18 free games, including top-level AAA exclusives and some of the best games of the generation, and people are still complaining. Wah, why didn't Sony analyze my personal account and give away games I don't own? Surely as the only person who will buy a PS5 on day 1, I am the only person Sony should care about!

I'm happy to pick up the 4-5 of those I don't already own for free.

Edit:

I'm willing to bet they don't; these are still PS4 games, just running on a different console. They aren't re-releasing these as new games for the new console with new trophies. Compare that to Spider-Man Remastered, which is a PS5 port and which Insomniac explicitly said _will_ have a new trophy list.

do you have a link to where they said spiderman has a new list? I pre-ordered the normal Miles Morales cause i figured it wouldn't.

53 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

It on the ps blog post about miles morales. Spiderman Remastered comes with a new shiny platinum.

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

do you have a link to where they said spiderman has a new list? I pre-ordered the normal Miles Morales cause i figured it wouldn't.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/see-the-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-new-gameplay-demo/

New trophies confirmed!

• Like 2

This will probably be only for a limited time, to get people to buy the PS5 early so that they can claim all these games.

I don't know why you'd think that. There's no disclaimer about it being for a limited duration and if it is part of PS+ then they have no reason remove them.

Edited by TJ_Solo

3 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I have everything in that list besides Battlefield 1 and Fallout 4 lol

1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

Wow I really didn't like last generation then. Only see Bloodborne on there that I enjoyed but not zomg 11/10 best game evarh like everyone else seems to think. Still need to try Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, and maybe Resident Evil VII. I'd rather play anything else than play any of the rest.

and Persona 5 bruh

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17
  • Like 2