PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

48 minutes ago, Carol said:

My thought was exactly the opposite: this collection is probably a hint for upcoming PS4 IGC games, considering it includes some that were already given for free to PS Plus members.

I've also thought that all games were previous PlayStation Hits titles, but for example The Last Guardian isn't.

Could it be a hint that TLG is getting a price cut soon? MHW is the latest addition to PH, after all.

EDIT: same for Detroit and FF15.

Edited by Lance_87

Free stuff is free stuff who am I to complain?

Joined the PlayStation community late last year and have yet to pick up some of these games. Persona and Monster Hunter are games I've been pushing off till they got  bigger sales... and now I know I can play them just for getting a PS5. While it isn't anything to push me to buy a PS5 any faster, they are great benefits once I do switch to next generation. No rush, no rush. I think it's a great deal for people joining PlayStation for the first time! 

Though if I'm honest some of these games I'd buy only with the expansion packs.. Like FFXV Royal Edition, Persona 5 Royal or MHW: Iceborne for example. But hey, if you don't care about that stuff it's still a great deal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

? They have copied Gamepass though, It’s called PS Now and has far more downloadable games at a lower price.

This is part of PS + (which is itself copying Xbox Live Gold) and is just basically an everlasting great month targeted at people coming from Xbox or who missed last gen completely.

Now it annoys me they didn’t add these games to PS Now and really push that service, but it’s somewhat disingenuous to compare this bonus PS+ offering to Gamepass in any way.

This is a collection on plus. Meaning, as far as we know, you’ll have access whenever you have an active ps+ sub. Kind of like a shit PS Now.

PS+ started to give free games long before Xbox (and really good ones until PS4 launched) and the same for PS Now, long before Game Pass, so I’d say Xbox copied that.

Now as to Game Pass being a better service now, that’s arguable, right now is mostly marketing, and we’ll see how those Xbox exclusives perform, but as you said, they are similar with different approaches. Though I can see why mass gamers see the “more powerful” and “lots of games to play for ~10$/month” appealing.

Obviously Sony is not going to release major exclusives for free, Jim Ryan already said they are not going that route. But, I’d say they could invest in really good indies and make them part of the deal for PS Now, probably much more financially viable, and sustainable on the long way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

PS+ started to give free games long before Xbox (and really good ones until PS4 launched) and the same for PS Now, long before Game Pass, so I’d say Xbox copied that.

Now as to Game Pass being a better service now, that’s arguable, right now is mostly marketing, and we’ll see how those Xbox exclusives perform, but as you said, they are similar with different approaches. Though I can see why mass gamers see the “more powerful” and “lots of games to play for ~10$/month” appealing.

Obviously Sony is not going to release major exclusives for free, Jim Ryan already said they are not going that route. But, I’d say they could invest in really good indies and make them part of the deal for PS Now, probably much more financially viable, and sustainable on the long way.

Fair point, I guess Sony was first, but MS popularised it so I guess that why I associate things that way.

I actually think PS Now is the better service - more games, lower price...my backlog is too big on it to care about how close to release the games are, and that backlog just keeps getting bigger.

I hope Sony don’t add first party games at release, to make that viable they’d have to hugely increase the price or reduce what they invest in their games. They should add them after 2 years though, like they are with the pointless “PS Plus Collection”

This won’t make me buy a PS5 any sooner but I think it’s pretty cool even if I got most of the games. I’m sure PS+ won’t be offering PS5 games any time soon, they’ll stick to PS4 games for a while that you can play on PS5. Also it’d be nice if PS4 users got this collection too but it’s always the “new costumers” that get the benefits while the old loyal ones get shit on, just like with any other company. But we’ll see...

Games I didn't already own:

Battlefield 1, Days Gone, Fallout 4, Mortal Kombat X, Persona 5, Resident Evil 7: biohazard, Monster Hunter: World

Games I am actually interested in playing:

Mortal Kombat X (at a very casual level, because I am not at all competitive)

Still, it's really cool of Sony to provide that many games. And not just small cheap indie games either. These are big games.

..I wish Horizon Zero Dawn was included though. It's kind of weird that it wasn't. It's pretty much the one first party game I haven't bought that I'd be willing to try.

...Maybe it's a future Plus game for PS4 !?!? *fingers crossed*

On 9/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Carol said:

My thought was exactly the opposite: this collection is probably a hint for upcoming PS4 IGC games, considering it includes some that were already given for free to PS Plus members.

Exactly what I was thinking. I bet some of these games are coming to PS4 PS Plus within the next few months. Will have to wait another week and a bit for October's announcement and see what pops up.

I am not too sure about this new benefit for PS Plus users. Is this supposed to be their attempt at game pass? Doubt it.

Some of the games on that list have been given away via PS Plus previously on PS4 anyway.

Is this how PS Plus is going to work on PS5 going forward? And they will just keep adding two additional PS4 games to the PS Plus library every month for PS5 as well?

I wonder if we will be able to play these games on PS4 at all? Or maybe they are planning to release the titles that have never been available on PS Plus before within the coming months.

It's nice that they are letting people play all these games at launch, and great for people new to the PS ecosystem (if they sign up for Plus as well). That 825GB of space is going to be used up pretty fast.

Of that list, there are two games that I am interested in that I haven't played but want to actually play, which is Days Gone and Resident Evil 7. The rest I've either played, got them on disc, or not interested.

Will any of these titles get free upgrade patches at all? Or even a boost mode? It seems unlikely, as some of the games are pretty old and doubt the devs will go back and patch them, but I mean look at The Witcher 3 though. If they could patch older PS4 games to just upres to full 4K and run at 60fps, I'd be happy with that, but probably a pipedream. I was hoping that the PS5 would impliment something similar to what the XBox does with BC and do upscaling, HDR effects, and performance improvements.

I was wondering if they will still do the whole 2x free PS4 games per month and then upon PS5 release up it to 2x PS5 (indies) and 2x PS4, so that we go back to 4 titles per month.

Hopefully we will hear more details about this closer to the time. I'm hoping that they keep adding more and more games each month. Hoping they keep adding 4 games each month, and after a few months start adding PS5 titles. And hope that they don't remove games from the library completely, like Game Pass does.

I was actually going to pick up RE7 or Days Gone assuming they were going to be in the Halloween sale so I'm glad they are included in this. Honestly this is so much better than any other PlayStation launch, no shortage of games to play. 

36 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That is an insane amount of content, I mean if you're going for the Platinum on each each, quite possible years worth of gameplay.

Would be nice if they were updated the games, somehow, like 60fps on Bloodborne.

Well I can dream anyway.

It's possible, aren't ps4 games supposed to run better on the ps5?

54 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's possible, aren't ps4 games supposed to run better on the ps5?

At least as good as, and I wouldn’t doubt many or most of these will be able to take advantage of boost mode. 

For someone who has never owned a game console, this looks like an amazing entry point from a value and content standpoint. And it’s going to pull in new Plus subscribers that are will take time to get through these titles. 

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Any word if these come with the DLC?

No, but I would imagine not. By making players subscribed to PS Plus have access to all of these games, it makes it more likely that the players that have and do like the games would consider buying the DLC or season pass on PSN. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

Yeah it is really good for people who are new to PS5 or haven’t got all the games. There are a few games in there that I haven’t got and would like to play (Persona 5, Days Gone, TLG). 

My question is though, and I’ve threw it in here as it is in regards to PS+, I have read that PS5 will be able to play 99% of PS4 games. Will this include digital, physical and PS+ games in my library?

• Like 1