PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, lynx_1985 said:

YeahΒ it is really good for people who are new to PS5 or haven’t got all the games.Β There are a few games in there that I haven’t got and would like to play (Persona 5, Days Gone, TLG).Β 

Β 

My question is though, and I’ve threw it in here as it is in regards to PS+, I have read that PS5 will be able to play 99% of PS4 games. Will this include digital, physical and PS+ games in my library?

Β 

Digital and physical supposedly. I'd like to know if saves transfer from one to the other. I have a couple from the collection unfinished. They'll stay that way if I can't carry on where I left off

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, lynx_1985 said:

YeahΒ it is really good for people who are new to PS5 or haven’t got all the games.Β There are a few games in there that I haven’t got and would like to play (Persona 5, Days Gone, TLG).Β 

Β 

My question is though, and I’ve threw it in here as it is in regards to PS+, I have read that PS5 will be able to play 99% of PS4 games. Will this include digital, physical and PS+ games in my library?

Β 

About the collection: No complaints here. Makes the launch library that much sweeter. Its quality versus quantity right now when it comes to launch titles. In this case, both since many of the PS collection games should support PS5 Games Boost so it feels like a new experience all over again.Β 

Β 

In reply to @lynx_1985Β from a previous post. This is a statement from Push Square with direct quote from Sony:Β Yes,Β physical PS4 game discs will play on PS5.Β You'll be able to insert physical PS4 game discs into the PS5 and play them, as well as download digital software you've purchased from the PlayStation Store.Β The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 software, so this means both physical and digital software will work on the next-gen system. Assuming you’re using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store. This includesΒ PlayStation PlusΒ titles – but you will have to ensure your subscription is active in order to play these.

Β 

You may already know this information, since its a few days old. But I didn't see any replies so here. Enjoy! Have fun!Β  And "Play Has No Limits"!Β 

• Like 2

My question is, will the titles available in the PS Plus Collection for PS5, also be playable on people who are still using PS4's? Or are these titles exclusively only for the PS5?

Β 

I hope that people are not forgetting that ALL The PS4 games that have been released on PS Plus (since however long they have been subscribed to PS Plus) will also work on the PS5 too.

Β 

https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(North_America)#2013

Β 

Out of all the games coming to PS Plus Collection, there are only 3 I'm interested in.

Β 

Days Gone
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Monster Hunter World (maybe)

Β 

Hope that they release more each month and hopefully soon some PS5 games, or at least cross play games.

Β 

I missed out on the PS4's launch PS Plus title Resogun, but bought it on sale soon after and sunk many hours into it. Wish there as a big Resogun type game launching for the PS5 this time round.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

My question is, will the titles available in the PS Plus Collection for PS5, also be playable on people who are still using PS4's? Or are these titles exclusively only for the PS5?

Β 

I hope that people are not forgetting that ALL The PS4 games that have been released on PS Plus (since however long they have been subscribed to PS Plus) will also work on the PS5 too.

Β 

https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(North_America)#2013

Β 

Out of all the games coming to PS Plus Collection, there are only 3 I'm interested in.

Β 

Days Gone

Β 

Hope that they release more each month and hopefully soon some PS5 games, or at least cross play games.

Β 

I missed out on the PS4's launch PS Plus title Resogun, but bought it on sale soon after and sunk many hours into it. Wish there as a big Resogun type game launching for the PS5 this time round.

I'm pretty sure they exclusive to PS5 subscribers to ps plus.Β 

Β 

Think it's supposed to be an incentive for people to upgrade and also for people that skipped PS4 last gen.Β 

Β 

My guess is that this in addition will be to plug the gap in the first year OF the lack of PS5 games free on ps plus.Β 

We have all got used to getting 24 PS4 games free per year. There won't be 24 free PS5 games in the first year of the PS5, that's for sure.

Of course the majorityΒ of us already own all of the collections titles, or most of them..but were a small minority of the bigger picture, out of the 100+ million ps4 consoles in existence, maybe a half of a half percent are trophy enthusiasts that actively go out of their way and purchase every big release, this site is dedicated to us and people alike, so its expected for the masses in here to be like, i already own these gamesΒ but this program wasnt developed for you or us who go after every trophy in every game,Β its just sonysΒ way to try to entice pc users or strictly xbox users to crossover and buy a ps5 and they’llΒ have titles they may have missed out on prior

Β 

As far as ps5 games in the ps+ instant game collection weΒ get every month for being a subscriber, Im more than positive ps5 will have freebiesΒ just like ps4 did when it launched, but its going to be indie game after indie game, remember Road Not Taken or FEZ for ps+ SubscribersΒ at ps4s launch?Β im not home so i cant go on my ps4 and launch up my download list and see what other games there was for the ps4 ps+ line up during its initial launch but it had games, 99.99% of them were shit, but there was also a gem or two along theΒ way aswell like Resogun for instance

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Days Gone

Β 

Β 

I'm gonna have to agree with Jack. The collection should be exclusive to PS5 for Game Boost showcase pretty sure.Β 

Β 

As for games I am interested in, pretty much all of them. Specifically RE7 since I never played it. Monster Hunter World cuz of Game Boost and having 500+ hours in the game. God of War relay of course. Just some really neat titles in as part of the already paid for subscription. Great welcoming gift for new PS5Β owners like myself.Β 

I have everything accept Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, Resident Evil VII,Β Monster Hunter: World and Persona 5.Β 

Β 

Battlefield being the only one I have zero interest in. However, with Monster Hunter and Persona, I'd rather just wait for the Iceborne Master Edition and Royal Editions to go on sale...not much of a point to play the vanilla versions anymore. So this will pretty much have me waiting to play RE7 and Last Guardian eventually.Β 

Days Gone (Sony Interactive Entertainment / SIE Bend Studio)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
Persona 5 (Atlus)
Β 

These are the only 3 i would want that i do not have but the question is are they complete editions? I technically own Persona 5 as i got a copy for PS3 for 1$ on clearance. I have not bought Days Gone or Final Fantasy XV since there are no complete Editions released as of yet, I know FFXV has the royal edition but it is just vanilla with a code.

Β 

Getting them for free on PS+ is fine complete or not.

These are the ones I haven't played yet. Looking forward to playing them.

Β 

BloodborneΒ  - I bought this on disc but haven't played it yet and then it was given as a PS+ freebie. I look forward to playing it one day.
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Persona 5
Monster Hunter: World

6 hours ago, Void said:

Days Gone (Sony Interactive Entertainment / SIE Bend Studio)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
Persona 5 (Atlus)
Β 

These are the only 3 i would want that i do not have but the question is are they complete editions?

Yes, probably no and most certainly no.

Days Gone's DLC are free, so no worries with this one, you'll get everything it has to offer. For FFXV they probably would have specified Royale Edition if the DLC were included. And Persona 5 and Persona 5 the Royal are two different and incompatible games. So this is probably the original game, not the enhanced version.

2 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

Yes, probably no and most certainly no.

Days Gone's DLC are free, so no worries with this one, you'll get everything it has to offer. For FFXV they probably would have specified Royale Edition if the DLC were included. And Persona 5 and Persona 5 the Royal are two different and incompatible games. So this is probably the original game, not the enhanced version.

Β 

Persona 5 is the vanillaΒ game, because it's part of PlayStation Hits, like several otherΒ Plus Collection titles.

On 9/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Β 

Β 

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-plus-collection-is-an-answer-to-xbox-game-pass

Β 

This will probably be only for a limited time, to get people to buy the PS5 early so that they can claim all these games.

i dunno about buying it early if there is none for sale after one day of selling out a month ago lol

• Like 1

This isn't an offer for PS4 gamers, who most likely have already played most of those games in one way or another. It's here to seduce players who weren't on PlayStation this generation and counter the appeal of the Game Pass on Xbox by offering 18 successful AAA, including 10 exclusives and one console exclusive, at launch. If you were an Xbox or a PC player those last 7 years it's an incredibly appealing offer.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, sealightbreeze said:

These are all incredible games. They honestly are. However, most people probably already have them for the PS4. If they had it so there was new trophies or new content that would be epic. However, it's not something that is fabulously new.Β 

Β 

Maybe most people that were going to buy those games have bought them. That number of buyers is still in the minority of PS4 gamers. This site even shows you how many of "us" have a game and the total number of us PSNProfiles members.

With those games being given away in this collection means more people will play them, including completely new people whose first playstation will be PS5. This will jump the activity in those games like all PS+ gets boosts from non-buyers.

It seems like that PsPlusΒ Collection will be available even for PS4 ownersΒ 

Β 

β€œThe PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****”

Β 

Source: Ps Blog

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

It seems like that PsPlusΒ Collection will be available even for PS4 ownersΒ 

Β 

β€œThe PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****”

Β 

Source: Ps Blog

Β 

Unfortunately, no.

Β 

"Active PS Plus subscription and PS5 console required. PS Plus subscription fees recur until canceled. Number and availability of PS Plus collection titles may vary by country. See Playstation.com/psplus for details and updates on PS Plus offerings."

Β 

TD2qElL.jpgΒ 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost

I know it says PS5 console required but can we redeem it on the web store? It would be silly for Sony to think that everyone will even beΒ able to buy a PS5 (if they have the money or not) when they themselves are limiting production numbers. Especially only during a single month.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

On 27/09/2020 at 4:37 PM, lynx_1985 said:

Β 

Not seen this posted anywhere yet (If someone wants to make it it's own thread go for it)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I know it says PS5 console required but can we redeem it on the web store? It would be silly for Sony to think that everyone will even beΒ able to buy a PS5 (if they have the money or not) when they themselves are limiting production numbers. Especially only during a single month.

Β 

I'm thinking it's a redeemable code that's included with every PS5 console.

• Like 1