Pre-Orders Started!

Berzerkgod313

Got mine last night. Disc version on day one, so hyped!

Nevertheless, Sony should have handled this way better. Out of stock in the following morning seems unnecessary. We all know that pre-orders will be okay again, but this confusion and euphoria does not help.

Still, so happy for mine

bmg_ps.png

• Like 1

Busy day for retailers for sure, yesterday afternoon/evening.

After the showcase, I called  my local EBGames (GameStop) and the woman that answered said their taking pre-orders next week and to stay on the look out on social media. I assume they said that so they wouldn't constantly receive a shit load of calls because the line was busy a few times.

In my region (Canada), I believe it was BestBuy who jumped the gun on the early pre-orders. I got the email at 7:30PM last night and ordered the disc version.

Shortly after that, it was either Wal-Mart or GameStop that posted their listings. I'm guessing they put up their listings early so that their websites wouldn't be down constantly on pre-order day.

This is absolutely not the way to do a launch. I’ve got to give Microsoft credit for what seems to be a much more controlled environment with the pre order live date announced ahead of time.

Retailers were all over the map with this. I can’t believe the number that opened up online in the middle of the night. And any retailers allowing in store pre-orders during a pandemic are horrible. Putting people, in particular their employees, at risk that way is shameful.

• Like 2

Retailers dropped the ball. Demand outweighs supply ten-fold at the moment. Sony's got that big dick energy and the new hardware generation hasn't even started yet.

Apparently, Sam's Club has them available right now. Aaaand, they're gone.

Edited by Helyx

I wish more people out there did their research and make their own judgement on whether they should preorder the PS5 or not. Instead of relying on others to make the decision for them and then panic when they find out there aren't going to be enough copies of the PS5 console to keep everyone satisfied for this year's Holiday season.

People are sheep.

• Like 1

Hi guys!
Since I'm known to go where it hurts, let me explain the process in your brain right now.

Fear of missing out (FOMO) is a social anxiety stemmed from the belief that others might be having fun while the person experiencing the anxiety is not present. It is characterized by a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing. FOMO is also defined as a fear of regret, which may lead to concerns that one might miss an opportunity for social interaction, a novel experience or a profitable investment. It is the fear that deciding not to participate is the wrong choice.

Social networking creates many opportunities for FOMO. While it provides opportunities for social engagement, it offers an endless stream of activities in which any given person is not involved. Psychological dependence on social networks can result in anxiety and can lead to FOMO or even pathological Internet use. FOMO is claimed to negatively influence psychological health and well-being.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Just got my pre-order through the Sony invite! Very excited and a bit of a relief after the opening night chaos.

I honestly liked the way they implemented it to ensure people couldn't abuse it and only allowing one system per person. The wait time was shorter than I expected as well

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I know right? Like why would playstation fans/gamers want to continue their hobby on the next generation of consoles and games it makes no sense. 

But no, you don't understand! He doesn't want one, so obviously people that do just haven't done their research and are, consequently, sheep.

If you want a PS5 at launch, awesome, good luck with the pre-order fiasco. If you want to wait, awesome, hopefully by the time you do want to pick one up they're readily available and have worked through whatever quality issues came up for the early adopters.

Me? I'm just butthurt because I talked myself into trying to get one at launch despite acknowledging that it's irrational and now can't get a pre-order. So... not awesome.

• Like 1