Pre-Orders Started!

Berzerkgod313

3 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Kind of a kick in the teeth.  Got the preorder link, signed in, and was put in the queue.  Finally got into the store and the only things showing on the site were the PS5 controllers, VR, remotes, pre-ordering games.  Not one PS5 console could be found.  What gives?

Same thing happened to me. I was on my phone. I hit the link again on my tablet that wasn't signed in a few minutes later and it worked for me. Had to wait in the queue again, but only about five minutes. Sent me straight to login, then the console order page. Just keep trying.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Same thing happened to me. I was on my phone. I hit the link again on my tablet that wasn't signed in a few minutes later and it worked for me. Had to wait in the queue again, but only about five minutes. Sent me straight to login, then the console order page. Just keep trying.

Thanks for the info.  Took me 10 times logging in, getting into the queue (short time wait) and finally, that webpage magically showed up.  

Can't thank you enough!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Literally took me 3 hours to get that website to pop that pre-order page. It kept going to accessories.

Finally got it pre-orders from Sony

Yep, had the same problem.  Only had the accessories page.  Could not find the consoles anywhere.  

• Like 1

I'm in South Africa, and the pre-order pages slowly started to appear on various local retailers in the morning (17 September). Luckily I managed to grab a pre-order just in time.

But by 11am, most of the PS5 pre-order pages were no longer working or listed as sold out.

I suppose we got a very small batch of units, maybe around 100 or 200 units allocated to the whole of South Africa. Some of the retailers mentioned that there will be a second wave of shipments, but could not say when they would arrive, and might only be next year sometime.

Due to import taxes and other taxing bullcrap and markup by local scumbags, here in South Africa we pay US$612 for Digital Edition and US$734 for the Disc version. ? Crazy right. So most people opted for the Digital Edition, and those sold out much faster than the Disc versions.