Hardest get there gap

Mall is a pain. Best tip i can give it try and jump as much as possible so balancing is easier Sadly there's harder ones namely the bullring. I struggled on a few others didn't though so i guess some people are better at different ones. They're just muscle memory really. Some will take a lot of practice, I've literally just finished all the hard get there's 5 mins ago

Edited by andy22385

Bullring in general is making me want to quit.

I have all Hard Get There's bar Bullring and Skate Heaven.

School II was probably the hardest for me up until Bullring -- keeping momentum was tough in that one and took me at least 2 nights on and off trying for it.

Roswell was also tough until someone clued me in to holding R2 while making the first transfer so that way if you have enough momentum while jumping the platform you will automatically land into Acid drop while holding R2 while jumping over. I strongly recommend that method for those struggling with Roswell and that first gap.

Other than those two, I honestly didn't think the rest of them were that bad. The Mall had its moments but was doable. Venice was a little tough to nail the first gap and took me about 2 hours to learn and eventually get.

But yeah, Bullring is the one that may kill the Platinum for me. I'm really struggling with the first two gaps in Bullring. I find them both so very narrow. The launch of the ramp is narrow and then the next gap is a pain to get to because of a sharp turn to jump on the rail.

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, danmann861 said:

School II was probably the hardest for me up until Bullring -- keeping momentum was tough in that one and took me at least 2 nights on and off trying for it.

Roswell was also tough until someone clued me in to holding R2 while making the first transfer so that way if you have enough momentum while jumping the platform you will automatically land into Acid drop while holding R2 while jumping over. I strongly recommend that method for those struggling with Roswell and that first gap.

Other than those two, I honestly didn't think the rest of them were that bad. The Mall had its moments but was doable. Venice was a little tough to nail the first gap and took me about 2 hours to learn and eventually get.

But yeah, Bullring is the one that may kill the Platinum for me. I'm really struggling with the first two gaps in Bullring. I find them both so very narrow. The launch of the ramp is narrow and then the next gap is a pain to get to because of a sharp turn to jump on the rail.

I found turning to be to difficult and inconsistent and instead revert off the ramp and then grind. If you grind quickly enough after reverting, it keeps your combo.

4 hours ago, danmann861 said:

Try doing the banana jump first, that's the only way i could do it 

School took me 1 1/2 Evenings but also the confidence to tackle Roswell and Bullring which only took 1-2 Hours each (after watching a few videos on yt with slightly different strategies).

I learned a lot about the game mechanics and even some basics (in hindsight it makes total sense balancing out manuals and nose manuals).

So School 2 was the hardest i would say due to the length and freakin Jack Black slamming my combo more times than I could count.

School II, Bullring and Roswell were bitches.

School II is a contender for requiring the most manual time which gets icky after 10 seconds or so. Bullring for me was just hitting the fuckin' banana and Roswell was annoying with the big gap at the start. Roswell to be fair had a small trick that helped out a bit (boneless off the start, use kick and acid drop for more height/speed) but the rest was just clenching the 'ol ring and hoping not to choke.

School 2 was hardest for me. Took a good hour or more. All the others weren't bad at all. Venice was annoying until I figured out its stupid glitch. School 2 really came down to holding a manual for close to a minute while doing everything you needed. Grinding seems so much easier to hold than up down with a manual

To be honest the one big thing that I wish I new before trying to do these gaps were:

1. Jumping while doing a manual really helps keep speed 

2. Jumping while doing a manual helps change directions more easily. Namely, jumping and turning as much as possible before it would make you fall, etc

Figuring this out really helped me with Bullring and School II (basically if you're manualling, you should be jumping as much as possible)

Edited by SillierCarcass6

I'm doing every Get There in order, starting from THPS1. The hardest for me were Skate Park (until I discovered boost manual), Mall (wasn't too bad once you practice) and Roswell (landing the first gap). I finished School 2 yesterday, took me 1.5h but was not too bad actually

7 hours ago, Riszcky said:

School 2 was hardest for me. Took a good hour or more. All the others weren't bad at all. Venice was annoying until I figured out its stupid glitch. School 2 really came down to holding a manual for close to a minute while doing everything you needed. Grinding seems so much easier to hold than up down with a manual

I always need like a hour or more when doing the harder ones ?

On 17/09/2020 at 5:45 PM, andy22385 said:

Try doing the banana jump first, that's the only way i could do it 

Any tips for keeping momentum for the Nail Da Rail? The few times I've gotten that line, I can get the first two gaps, but completely lose momentum trying to make the climb to get onto the Nail Da Rail grind and just fuck it up. 

I've made it to the point where I can get the first two gaps using that line, but I can't keep the momentum and lose speed and bail going up for the Nail Da Rail.