Hardest get there gap

I completed all of thps1, Bullring, School II and Helicpopter drop.

At the moment, with 3 hours, the hardernfor me is School II due the long manuals needed and the reverse for the final grind when manual and grind balance are difficult to mantain.

Bullring and Rooswell take me about 1 hour each, but yeah, the initial gap in Rooswell is a pain, and Bullring needs practice.

The Mall is not that bad, but Burnside is a pain to for the triple rail gap difficult to get.

I'm afraid of Skate Heaven and Venice due to glitched gaps...

6 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I'm doing every Get There in order, starting from THPS1. The hardest for me were Skate Park (until I discovered boost manual), Mall (wasn't too bad once you practice) and Roswell (landing the first gap). I finished School 2 yesterday, took me 1.5h but was not too bad actually

Finished all Get Theres!

Bullring was pretty challenging, but managed to beat it in 1h.

My final list:

1. Bullring

2. Mall

3. Roswell

3 hours ago, danmann861 said:

Any tips for keeping momentum for the Nail Da Rail? The few times I've gotten that line, I can get the first two gaps, but completely lose momentum trying to make the climb to get onto the Nail Da Rail grind and just fuck it up. 

I've made it to the point where I can get the first two gaps using that line, but I can't keep the momentum and lose speed and bail going up for the Nail Da Rail.

I finally did the bullring after 3 days of trying. Realised for getting up on nail da rail after the 2nd gap (cant remember what its called) grind the next rail as you go round but make sure to do a jump and grind that rail again which gives you more speed to get up for the nail da rail gap. then you should have enough speed to get the final gap.

I am on venice now and im struggling with lining up the final manual. I just want this done with but each gap is taking me so long to master. I think this is the last truly hard one left I got.  

Now I only have bullring left. That is probably the hardest one mechanically. So many weird angles. Also hard to maintain enough speed throughout the run, The upwards rail after the banana is giving me some real trouble.

Second hardest was definitely Roswell. I hate that broken high deck gap so so much. I tried that challenge for 3-4 hours just because of the first gap. The rest is easy once you manage to land the first gap and get into the manual.

Third place for me was mall. I found this actually more difficult than School 2. School 2 was just very long and you have to manage your balance a lot. But mall requires quicker transitions between jumps, manuals, grinds and wallruns. That challenge taught me the basics in a hard way :=)

So i would rank them as follows: 

1. Bullring (still working on it)

2. Roswell (done)

3. Mall (done)

EDIT: I now finished all get theres and bullring wasn't THAT hard in the end. Took me like 1 hour overall. I have to change my final list to:

1. Roswell

2. Mall

3. School 2

Edited by proud2bNs

6 hours ago, jim_guitariste said:

What the hell in roswell!

It seems that i can’t jump tranfer to the other side at the begining

Watch some guides on how to do it. You'll need to wallplant off an invisible wall, acid drop back down, then boneless over the big deck gap. 

I think everyone has the same opinion on what the worst ones are and I'm no different.

Roswell is only difficult because clearing the deck gap is so inconsistent. I never cleared the deck into a revert. Sometimes the gap registered when I grinded the other side so that was how I was able to get it.

Venice was tough if only for nailing the manual on the tables to get the gaps to register has to be so precise it is very easy to overdo it and pick up so much speed you jump over the first table.

Mall had very little reason to be so difficult, but somehow managed to be so frustrating mainly because it's a semi-long gap combo to achieve. So keeping the balance with the grinds and manuals was very taxing in the end.

Bullring was bullshit because half the time I couldn't land on the banana and the other half the time I couldn't get enough speed to jump up the steep ramp in order to grind the rail for the Nailin the Rail gap.

School 2 was a nightmare to do and is just shear frustration incarnate. I experimented with which rails to start with but ultimately the nightmare rail was the right one to start on. But seriously fuck doing that and fuck whoever thought that that was a reasonable challenge.

• Like 2

I didn't finish all of them. I just finished School 2 and the previous levels.

School 2 is really hard. I took me a lot of time but it's my favorite level so I wasn't really angry about it.

I still hate the Mall level and hate this gap challenge too.

Roswell it's not so difficult if you do a Boneless, so you can go further.

The first skate park took me a lot of time cause of the over box gap who didn't pop most of the time.

I'll try the rest tommorow.

55 minutes ago, primalentir said:

I didn't finish all of them. I just finished School 2 and the previous levels.

School 2 is really hard. I took me a lot of time but it's my favorite level so I wasn't really angry about it.

I still hate the Mall level and hate this gap challenge too.

Roswell it's not so difficult if you do a Boneless, so you can go further.

The first skate park took me a lot of time cause of the over box gap who didn't pop most of the time.

I'll try the rest tommorow.

About roswell, boneless and revert doesn’t work for me.

the revert breaks my combo..

good job for the school 2, i’ve tried during 1 hour, but balancing is really hard when you’re near the end 

Roswell high deck gap was the absolute worst for me, none of the other Get Theres came even close to it in terms of sheer frustration. I've tried every single strategy I came across for 4-5 hours straight and only got it by total accident, good thing the rest of the combo is pretty easy.

Venice was annoying because I could not get the ramp 2 roof and touchdown gaps consistently.

School II was challenging but I actually enjoyed it, since it's one of my favorite levels and the combo line itself is pretty fun once you figure it out.

Edited by JuniorF30

5 hours ago, JuniorF30 said:

Venice was annoying because I could not get the ramp 2 roof and touchdown gaps consistently.

Do a boneless off the first ramp, press R2 and grind the vent. I found that out after watching some videos on YT.

Without the boneless only 10-20% of the jumps will pop the "ramp 2 roof" gap. With the boneless it's like 80%.

6 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Without the boneless only 10-20% of the jumps will pop the "ramp 2 roof" gap. With the boneless it's like 80%.

For me the boneless didn't help much, but pressing R2 as late as possible helped. Once I figured that out I didn't even do a boneless anymore and got the combo pretty quickly.

Edited by the_m4jX

Roswell Gap I went straight into manual after clearing the gap, Very inconsistent and took ages

School 2 I just got lucky I think, I went from the first rail to the one near bendy corner, then back to the Roll Call? Rail

Bullring I reverted onto the wire without being Special then Banana gap (allot of luck), for the last gap I spammed Ollie,Grind to gain momentum. It seemed the most daunting out of the lot to be honest.

I did Marseille, New York and Venice.

Marseille (Mar-Say) : Some issue with the jump grind to grind and you really need to jump above the red box and not the red box to park (different gap).

New York : I miss the bench at the beginning, you need to jump right after the grind and hope the manual will no break until the last grind.

Venice : Took me 1h30. Is not really hard but the manual break easely. To get the ramp gap each time you need to do a boneless then press R2 at the last second (so the ramp gap pop) to get the grind (work most of the time).

On 18.9.2020 at 10:26 AM, danmann861 said:

Any tips for keeping momentum for the Nail Da Rail? The few times I've gotten that line, I can get the first two gaps, but completely lose momentum trying to make the climb to get onto the Nail Da Rail grind and just fuck it up. 

I've made it to the point where I can get the first two gaps using that line, but I can't keep the momentum and lose speed and bail going up for the Nail Da Rail.

What helped me was jumping once during the grind in-between gaps (the curved rail which leads up to the ramp with the nail da rail on top, you can hop during the second segment of the rail) and not jumping off the grind but transition into a manual to gain as much speed as possible. Then on the ramp up you have to aim into the right direction to start the nail-da-rail gap in the right direction for a wall plant (jump off as early as possible for the plant).

I hope it's understandable what i mean, english isn't my first language...

I just did them all in one session, they weren't too bad on the whole. Roswell is simple once you get the initial Deck gap, so I don't even consider that one hard.

Bullring didn't seem too bad either. I think the hardest is School 2 due to both manual and grind balance being exhausted + the long reset time to go back to the beginning. The only other tricky one I found was Downhill Jam.

Finished the last hard get there today.

Overall, Bullring was the hardest for me, ended doing it the wire way. What helped with the banana jump was instead of doing a boneless, I just jump very very late. That way I could concentrate on steering. I also didn't revert for the rail, instead I just steered the manual into the rail and grinded it a few times to get up.

I struggled a little with Mall, but it just takes a little bit of luck with your balance.

School 2 took a while as well, the car hit me on two runs when I was just about to do the last grind. What helped was when I needed to manual and steer, I would try to land a little sideways into the direction I'm steering into, helped with not losing momentum and keeping balance.

I finished Roswell really quickly, I found it easier to not wallplant, but come in from the other side instead.

Venice took a while until I realized that you can hit the first gap very consistently if you hit R2 at as late as possible.

The others weren't that hard, just need some practice.

Got a couple of hours of grinding left until my platinum.