Hardest get there gap

4 hours ago, jim_guitariste said:

Any tips for school 2?

Knock over that basketball hoop near the roll call gonz rail before you start- it gives you something to grind off which builds your speed more and stops the manual meter from going crazy too early. Also gives you an easy jump to the next ledge that you can grind off of.

When you manual to the rack em’ up (orange and white) rails, jump only when you’re almost up to them so you don’t overshoot.

9 minutes ago, BaquPL said:

I just got the trophy and after reading this topic I'm surprised no one mentioned downhill jam level.

Looks like im in the minority about that but downhill was royal pain for me, took me nearly 2 hours, while the rest of the levels was 30minutes tops each.

The hard part was getting both side of the halfpipe yes ^^.

Just finished- the one that took me the longest was Mall. It took me a while to figure out how to wallride the last set of stairs without crashing (basically not jumping off till quite late).

Roswell was my least favourite because of how finicky the high deck gap was. I often felt I should’ve been getting more air based on my wallplants but wasn’t. With all the others my muscle memory just got better after practicing but it mostly felt like luck with that one.

Agree about Downhill Jam being annoying because of rolling to the side after the jump, but at least it was a short set of gaps.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Knock over that basketball hoop near the roll call gonz rail before you start- it gives you something to grind off which builds your speed more and stops the manual meter from going crazy too early. Also gives you an easy jump to the next ledge that you can grind off of.

When you manual to the rack em’ up (orange and white) rails, jump only when you’re almost up to them so you don’t overshoot.

Thank you mate ?

• Like 1

Bullring is the penicule of shit (literally). 

While most levels might be challenging, I found them enjoyable to do - yes, even Roswell. Although this Bullring section is annoying because of the first gap to the "banana". Who the fuck thought making a combo from that gap a good idea? We could simply grind over the banana and start the combo there. The amont of time spent on max the special bar, get to the upper level and make that gap is 10x bigger than my attempts to the actual combo. So I don't think it's hard, it's just annoying: start all over again and repeat the same sequence just to reach the starting point makes me impatient and I'm not doing any progress. 

4 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Bullring is the penicule of shit (literally). 

While most levels might be challenging, I found them enjoyable to do - yes, even Roswell. Although this Bullring section is annoying because of the first gap to the "banana". Who the fuck thought making a combo from that gap a good idea? We could simply grind over the banana and start the combo there. The amont of time spent on max the special bar, get to the upper level and make that gap is 10x bigger than my attempts to the actual combo. So I don't think it's hard, it's just annoying: start all over again and repeat the same sequence just to reach the starting point makes me impatient and I'm not doing any progress. 

You can use the big half pipe in the middle of the map to gain special meter. If you jump over the gap in the middle of it while doing a grab trick, you will gain a full special meter in like 2 seconds.

The jump to the banana wasn't that bad. Just jump as late as possible with a full special meter and drive a bit to the right before leaving the ramp. I got it pretty consistently with I'd say 70% success rate.

BULLRING DOWN! Only One Hard Get There left to go! (Skate Heaven)

Thanks for the advice to those who chimed in on previous post. It helped a lot. 

Then I still have to clean up the rest of the normal Get There challenges and clean up some other trophies in that slog to the Level 100 trophy and Platinum.

Guess I'm gonna try Skate Heaven now. How hard could it be?

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 2

Just got 3 left. 

School 2

Bullring

Venice

Never thought i would do roswell but these last 3 are gonna cause me some issues. 

Ive had a few goes on school 2 and doesn't seem 2 hard, just long. I may be wrong because everyone says its one of hardest.

Bullring im trying to find the easiest route and venice seems easy enough but that first gap is quite inconsistant and that manual at the end ?

I cant give up now tho

Edit. Yep school 2 is a right bitch. The gaps are easy enough its just keeping your grind/manual balance for a long period of time which is a pain in the ass

Edited by dannyswfc9

For School II, do your best to keep the manual balance in the yellow middle zone before you jump out into a grind. Then when you jump out of a grind back into a manual it won't be too squirrelly for you. If you're in the red zone on your manual and you jump in and out of a grind, you're pretty much screwed lol.

I just got the plat and for me the most difficult was school2. The bullring was also a pain but after finding the right route for me, wasn't that difficult. The biggest problem for me was the revert to the rail for "the rail plat gap".

As third I found downhill jam also very tough. I eventually grinded the right side of the half-pipe then the other side landed manual, jumped to the sign, wallride jumped off and landed in manual and so on.

Edited by YosemiteSam74
Added clip

School 2 ruined my life for about 5 hours a few weeks ago. Still haven't gotten the platinum because of the level 100 trophy, hopefully, will get it in the future when they release some updates/DLC with some extra opportunities for decent XP. Kind of a shame having done the actual hard part of the game (the hard get theres) only to hit the artificial wall that is the stupid xp grind. 

• Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, The_Great_Wumbo said:

School 2 ruined my life for about 5 hours a few weeks ago. Still haven't gotten the platinum because of the level 100 trophy, hopefully, will get it in the future when they release some updates/DLC with some extra opportunities for decent XP. Kind of a shame having done the actual hard part of the game (the hard get theres) only to hit the artificial wall that is the stupid xp grind. 

Are you sure that we will have dlc’s?

On 1/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, YosemiteSam74 said:

I just got the plat and for me the most difficult was school2. The bullring was also a pain but after finding the right route for me, wasn't that difficult. The biggest problem for me was the revert to the rail for "the rail plat gap".

As third I found downhill jam also very tough. I eventually grinded the right side of the half-pipe then the other side landed manual, jumped to the sign, wallride jumped off and landed in manual and so on.

That looks so much easier than what i did. I did the first Downhill Pipe, then the jump gap and i went all the way through the stage just to do the final Donwhill Pipe. I feel stupid now. This was one of the hardest, same with mall and school II. Bullring was frustrating because of the " launch to banana" gap.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, jim_guitariste said:

Are you sure that we will have dlc’s?

Game sold EXTREMELY EXTREMELY well (well over expectations of Dev's apparently) and so its basically guaranteed unless they don't like money. Standard practice in gaming industry to make DLC quickly for a popular game. Or, depending on model, devs usually add some kind of battlepass/ingame purchases etc, which probably won't be the case since THPS 1+2 had absolutely no in-game purchases because the devs are fucking gangstas. THPS 3 is most likely what they will do. 

On 10/2/2020 at 5:20 AM, The_Great_Wumbo said:

I was thinking the same pal. Im suprised i had the motivation to do the hard get theres and over 500 gaps knowing if they dont bring a dlc out or double xp im really gonna be plat blocked on this

On 17/09/2020 at 2:16 AM, jim_guitariste said:

What was the hardest  get there gap for you?

I wanted to ask this question because i’m already struggling with the mall 1f605.png

Do you have some tips to be better about balance?

School II is the hardest imo. I was stuck on that for a long time. The skate heaven one was very annoying too

Did you guys tried the Get-There's after unlocking the park or did you got all the stats points first ? 

I was already bad at Tony Hawk games when i was a kid and i still suck a LOT but i have fun cause there is an skill gap. 

Biggest problems are Manuals, after my 3rd manual in a combo its almost impossible for me to keep balance and i dont know how people keep their speed.

It always looks like im losing to much speed doing manuals, is there any trick like doing a quick manual and then cancel it or combine it with something ?

Edited by KingTom95