Trophy / Game thoughts?

Gray-Fox-44

Hi there! I had no idea there was a plan for this game to come to ps4. I played it back in the day, and I feel this is going to be a pretty straightforward list. Aaaaand, a walk in the park if they added cheats to it (without disabling trophies, of course) :P

What do you think?

Edited by Gray-Fox-44

Ah, the trophy list that I like, just complete the game. 

As for the game itself, I really do hope that it is not like a pc version, which is full of bugs and swastikas are erased from the game and also german helmets are different and some other things. I don't like historical revisionism. 

• Like 1

Wow there is a remaster on the PS4 for this? This was one of my favorite games as a kid and I dumped hundreds of hours in the Commando and Desperado games. Really curious to know how they ported it to the console as I can hardly imagine not playing it with a mouse. 

The trophy list is whatever, basically just finish every level of the game. 

I already have the game since Monday and almost done with the Plat. 

It's very easy especially on Normal difficulty. You don't really need a guide to find the collectables. 

Unfortunately, the game is very very buggy (hence why I'm not playing on harder difficulty) and swastikas/Japanese flags are censored. 

Controls are good but can be clunky at times. 

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the game. Used to love it a lot back in the day. 

4 hours ago, Aeternull said:

I already have the game since Monday and almost done with the Plat. 

It's very easy especially on Normal difficulty. You don't really need a guide to find the collectables. 

Unfortunately, the game is very very buggy (hence why I'm not playing on harder difficulty) and swastikas/Japanese flags are censored. 

Controls are good but can be clunky at times. 

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the game. Used to love it a lot back in the day. 

So they had 9 months since release for pc in January to fix the bugs and they didnt? What the hell really? 

Since they are a German studio maybe they cannot show swastikas and such but why not make a game for ww?

Mimimi should really buy the rights for Commandos. 

43 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Since they are a German studio maybe they cannot show swastikas and such but why not make a game for ww?

Actually, they changed the law in Germany to allow swastikas and such for historical reasons in videogames as long as you can't impersonate characters with said symbols, and this is a huge step for labeling games as art, like movies. However, many publishers still fear to be rejected by the USK (the company that rates games, similar to ESRB) and don't "risk" to submit questionable symbols. It's easier to just create one version for everyone instead of dealing with separate versions for different regions.

Edited by woggly4

̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶x̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶2̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶r̶̶o̶̶p̶̶h̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶s̶̶?̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶g̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶̶e̶̶?̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶g̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶u̶̶r̶̶o̶̶p̶̶e̶̶?̶̶ ?? 

edit okay it says it now. well that's amazing! 2 plats. I'm gonna buy this 2 times then ?? 

Edited by Pendaemonium

10 hours ago, Ptirle said:

So they had 9 months since release for pc in January to fix the bugs and they didnt? What the hell really? 

Mimimi should really buy the rights for Commandos. 

Sadly because they are old games not many are going to care.

At this point I think they should just stop with the censorship crap and just allow the swastikas to be shown in there. It's an important part of history, it was the biggest historical event of the 20th century.

Heard a lot of bad reviews over at Steam, so unfortunately I may have to pass on this one.

Pretty simple and straightforward trophy set, especially if you compare it to other genre games like Shadow Tactics or Desperados. Really looking forward to it as this game was big influence on me during my PC times way back when. I just wonder how well the controls are going to made on PS4 OR if I can plug in MnK (which I kinda doubt).

• 4 months later...

The original Commandos and its Add-on (that's how mission DLC was called in the older days) is one of my favorite games, but I could never get into Commandos 2 no matter how hard I tried, they completely changed the mechanics and the grafix and the interface, the controls felt too awkward and overcomplicated. Now after 20 something years I finally got past the first two training missions on PS4 of all platforms ?

• Like 2