All that Glitters Trophy/Achievement Guide and Farm Route

Shizo

Hey, it's kinda a repost from ps3trophies.org, but people keep adding me on PSN and asking for help. So here is my guide on this trophy.

The video is me playing same route as I did on console. It's MP10 (Master V on consoles). 

Hello, I am one of the first people in the world to obtain this Trophy and overall Platinum in Diablo 3, and first in the world according to psnprofiles.com, and lately I am getting a lot of questions from people asking to help with this trophy, so here is my guide.

Lot of people are asking me on PSN how I managed to get 5 million gold Trophy so fast and some tips to help them out, here is a guide on my route for farming. I know it's PC version, but I don't have capure card for PS3/Xbox so I just recreated my PS3 route on PC and captured fotage. It's essentially the same.

I found that Alkaizer route worked best for console, since mob density in Act 3 is much higher than anywhere else. After playing around and tweeking my routes, I found that the most loot and gold come from Arreat Crater Level 2 and Keep Depths Level 2 since they have the best mob density in the console version of the game. 

I recomend playing this route with either WW-Rend Barb or Tempest Rush monk, since they will have insane speed boost due to their abilities and overall have excellent efficiency. Close 3rd would be Archon Wizard. Other classes or specs simply will take 2-3 times as much to achieve it.

My route is reverse run of "Areate Crater Level 2" and "Keep Depths 2"

1. Start fresh Act 3 checkpoint on Quest "Heart of Sin - Kill Azmodan"
2. Go to waypoint "Tower of the Cursed Level 1"
3. Now run back up the stairs, you will get Checkpoint
4. Proceed running back to "Arreat Crater Level 2"

Now the farming itself starts. Just kill everything in your way, those huge packs of white mobs give insane ammount of XP and decent chance to drop loot/gold. You want to run reverse back to waypoint at the start of the map.

5. After you get to the waypoint go to "Keep Depths 1"
6. Again, as in my video go to level 2 and clear it until you get to the exit.

After you are done - teleport back to town, quit the game and resume. You will have portal to "Tower of the Cursed Level 1", and you can start new run.

Repeat untill you get your achievement/trophy.

Few more things that might help you:

Easy, Normal and Hard on console are equal to MP0, MP2 and MP4 on PC, but unlike the PC version of the game you don't get any bonuses to MF, XP or GF. So there is no point to struggle on hard if you were unlucky with your gear drops. Master 1 to Master 5 on the other hand are same as Monster Power 6 to Monster Power 10 on PC and they do give bonuses to your XP, MF and GF.

If you can easily handle Master 1 and can handle Master 2 or 3 it doesn't actually mean you should farm higher difficulty, it's all about efficiency. You want to kill monsters fast. If it takes 60-90 seconds to kill an Elite and 30-40 seconds to kill an white mob pack - it's probably better to switch to lower difficulty, since MF/XP/GF bonuses are not worth the extra time to kill mobs and elites on higher difficulty. Same thing with co-op, it's good only if your party is geared as good as you and they can move as fast as you, if not - you only gimping yourself.

I recomend you guys watch video about farming efficiency from user "Moldran" on YouTube, he is one of the best Diablo 3 theoreocrafter on PC.

About my build and play style:

Now I played as Barb on consoles, unlike my PC barb who is only 155k DPS unbuffed, my console barb was already 191k DPS by the time I started seriously grinding this trophy. You get lots of speed, crowd controll immunity and DPS boost if you maintain Wrath of Berserker buff, to maintain it you need  Battle Rage - in to the frey ability to get your fury back from crits. So more CC = better. But you also need mobs to survive for 5-6 seconds, otherwise you will kill them too fast. Now this will sound rediculous to you, but you might actually need to drop your DPS a bit if you kill mobs too fast. By the time I was at 3.5 million gold out of 5 I already had 317k DPS unbuffed, so I had to tone it down a little bit, otherwise I couldn't maintain WoTB. 

The math behind it is simple on one hand you have you DPS, say it's buffed with Battle Rage, you might think it's faster to farm if you kill mobs in 2-3 seconds without WOTB, but in reallity you get about same DPS if you able to maintain WOTB, but you also get additional bonuses such as movement speed and crowd control immunity. So if you have to tone down your DPS - first drop the gear with Crit Damage, Avg Damage and maybe get weapon with less DPS. Don't ever ever drop crit or attack speed. 

UPD: Got some question on how can I put so many skills from same categories on my bars. So another thing a lot of people don't know about, and even less console players know about, I am sorry I forgot to mention it:

Elective Mode
By default game assign skills to 6 different categories and you are allowed to pick 1 skill for those, but it's aimed at new players and players unfamilliar with ARPGs, in the option you can enable Elective Mode, wich will allow you to assign any skill from any category to any button.

As you can notice from my video I have 2 secondary skills (offensive) and no prime skill (fury generators), instead I have Rend and Whirlwind. The best farming specs in the game require you to have few skills from same category that will work insanely good with each other. There are lot of examples of good character builds on sites like diablofans.com, just head to class subforums and they usually have complete guides on different classes finetuned to get best efficiency during farm and grind.

If you have any question ask in this thread and I will try to answer them. I mainly played as monk, barb and wizard on PC and know those classes inside and out, the rest I didn't really play a lot and won't be able to help with them.
Edited by Shizo
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

If you have any question ask in this thread and I will try to answer them. I mainly played as monk, barb and wizard on PC and know those classes inside and out, the rest I didn't really play a lot and won't be able to help with them.

Nice walkthrough. I have 2 questions: how much gold can you get on every run with this method and can you spend gold over the course of the game?

• 1 month later...

I just recently got this trophy. It was the most time grueling and grindheavy trophy I've ever had the displeasure of getting.

Your route is mainly pretty good Shizo, but I found that doing all 3 floors of the Keep Depths to be worthwhile, then afterwards head out into the field after town and take the optional dungeon barracks just after the safe zone.

The optional barracks I found to be worth my time since half the time it had the same monster density as the keep barracks but also on Floor 2 there was more Yellow coated boss monsters and the Gold chest with a buttload of gold.

tl;dr - fuck this game, never ever again.

• 9 months later...

Nice walkthrough. I have 2 questions: how much gold can you get on every run with this method and can you spend gold over the course of the game?

1) Why don't you find out yourself? :P

2) I did notice some difference of about 200.000g between my challenge count and my menu profile count but it's not nearly enough to say it's because of the money I spent.

Edited by alexandergreat20

With the gear and build I have I struggle at Master 2 a little even with my 150K dps.

you think your method is faster than the one mentioned in this post? Just redo act 3 a bunch of times?

Which class are you? I played as a wizard.

No, doing act 3 over definitely isn't the fasted way. It provides some much needed variety from doing the farming method mentioned in the OP. Not to mention other players mostly wanted to play act 3 and 4, so I went along with them in a group of 4. 

• Like 1

Which class are you? I played as a wizard.

No, doing act 3 over definitely isn't the fasted way. It provides some much needed variety from doing the farming method mentioned in the OP. Not to mention other players mostly wanted to play act 3 and 4, so I went along with them in a group of 4. 

AD Barbarian, 2-handed mighty weapon, +strength gems. I do need some more farming before I have amazing gear, but I wanna finish the farming asap. I've played this game about 6 times from beginning to end now and it's starting to get a bit stale anyways :P Love the game, but this many playthroughs can be a bit tiring.