Does dismantling gear prevent getting Wanting for Nothing trophy?

ArmoredSnowman

So, I'm currently level 49 on one character so far, and when I get new gear, I like to dismantle the lower level ones. But I realize there's a trophy for getting 500 gears. I've two questions, since I can't find any info on this matter:

1. Does this relate to just one character, or can the gears be from all 6?

2. Do I need to keep gear in order to get this trophy, or am I safe to keep dismantling like I've been doing? 

19 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So, I'm currently level 49 on one character so far, and when I get new gear, I like to dismantle the lower level ones. But I realize there's a trophy for getting 500 gears. I've two questions, since I can't find any info on this matter:

1. Does this relate to just one character, or can the gears be from all 6?

2. Do I need to keep gear in order to get this trophy, or am I safe to keep dismantling like I've been doing? 

You don't need to keep gear on you. I don't even think a character and the bank storage can hold 500 items. The trophy takes into account gear looted across all characters.

Mine popped without hoarding 500 gear items. And also while I was on a low level Black Widow. So it counted everything i'd picked up on my lvl 150 Cap and whatever i picked up in the first two missions I played as Widow.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

You don't need to keep gear on you. I don't even think a character and the bank storage can hold 500 items. The trophy takes into account gear looted across all characters.

Mine popped without hoarding 500 gear items. And also while I was on a low level Black Widow. So it counted everything i'd picked up on my lvl 150 Cap and whatever i picked up in the first two missions I played as Widow.

Okay, thanks! Was somewhat worried about this, since I'd hate keeping so much gear at once haha