The PS5 Pre-order System - Why?

MiloFPS

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This could be the last console generation I will give a damn about, as the gaming industry is going in a direction that does not sit well with me at all.

You couldn't get a pre-order either, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

You couldn't get a pre-order either, eh?

I don't bother with pre-orders. I just do my research ahead of time because I know many people out there are trying to preorder the PlayStation 5.

I basically saw this coming, and I'm not in the least bit surprised.

Talking about cockups, Argos initially told UK consumers pre-orders would go live at midnight on Friday. Then said 'at some point during the night'.

Officially they're still not live at the time of writing, but fudging the catalogue number into Argos' number search engine actually reveals the listing andallows you to pre-order it. If any enterprising Brits see this and want to strike gold, it's 6795199 for the disc version;

Argos search-by-catalogue-number page

Digital version is 6795151. I skipped the PS4 but it looks like I'll have 5 on release day.

• Like 1

At the end of the day Walmart caused the clusterfuck when they opened pre-orders earlier than expected probably because of a communication issue. Then all the other retailers went into a panic mode where they thought hey well they are letting their customers pre-order so it must be alright for us to do it. The Sony waiting for Microsoft isn't childish petty shit, its business at the end of the day and you do what you can do.

We (Americans, probably others too) instantaneously depleted the country's entire supply of toilet paper last Spring.  Couldn't buy it in stores, couldn't order it online, fighting broke out, and scalpers flourished.  PS5 never stood a chance.  If you ever start thinking humans are more civilized than other animals, just watch them compete for limited resources.  Not so different after all.