PS4 to PS5 upgrades game trophies

Orenn16

On 9/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, integra_93GS-R said:

I am looking at it as this seemed to be the case from PS3-PS4 transition. At least if you buy a complete other copy of the game for the newer system, many times they each would have their own separate trophy lists. I think this all comes down to what each dev decides to do tho; if they are being lazy they could just make the lists the same for both PS4/PS5. 

*cough cough* OKAMI *cough*

• Like 2

It will be up to the publisher but I almost wish that the games with a free upgrade to the ps5 version will share the same trophy list. Imagine playing the ps4 version of the game, and then start playing the ps5 version. Then you will have two incomplete trophy lists. I have decided I am not buying ps4 versions of any game from now on that will have a ps5 version. I can wait for the newer version.

On 9/19/2020 at 0:09 PM, TurtlePM said:

So? Dragon's Crown on PS4 is a totally different version from the PSVita and PS3 and they all share the same trophy list. Yet, Resident Evil 4/5/6 are the same game and they don't share the same trophy list. Same to Devil May Cry 1/2/3 that are exactly the same game from the PS3 collection. So they added new trophy list because they wanted, just like games that have multiple stacks of platinum because each game has different lists for each platform and region.

You don't have to agree with me on this. Neither a company has to justify why they release a new trophy list. If they do justify (like you said Insomniac did), it doesn't mean I must agree and understand them. It's like a lot of companies nowadays saying that having microtransactions doesn't affect players, because the player can choose to pay or not. Although those extras pay actually brings benefits towards the players, otherwise they wouldn't be there. 

You don’t have to agree or understand. But that is your answer regardless.

22 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I don't see why things should change.

Upgrades/ports/remasters will have, or not a new trophy list at the discretion of publishers and devs.

But I'm  curious if Square will have the gall to bring the 5 stacks of FF15 to ps5 too.

Is 15 coming to the PS5 in any shape outside of being backwards compatible?

• 1 month later...