DEI2EK

Disgaea 6 Announced

17 posts in this topic

Switch Exclusive it seems

Hopefully it doesn't mean smaller Jap devs are moving away from Sony platforms

I'll be very surprised if this game doesn't come to PS5 or PC eventually but either way very excited for another Disgaea game and hopefully there will be DLC characters again from previous games.

If that's a permanent Switch exclusive, i'm a beautiful woman.

I prefer the old style anyway. And i still have to play all the games after 2 lol xD (i'm also missing the PS4 remaster of D1)

Adding to my Switch purchase list since i prefer my Disgaea portable and Sony hasn't confirmed PS5 Remote Play is a thing yet.

Only coming to Nintendo Switch? Hard pass from me, I'm not buying another console. I'd be shocked if it doesn't come to PS5 eventually. I was really looking forward to another Disgaea title for the new generation. Hope they re-think that.

Not too sold on the 3d character models though. Loved the sprite look of the other games. Brought a sort of rustic charm to the whole thing. Guess we'll see how it looks in game though. Maybe not too bad.

Also max level of 99 million and over 1 quadrillion damage cap now... lol.

So apparently it is on the PS4 as well, the JP site says.

But the western branch is saying it's only on Switch

It’s a switch exclusive as much as my dick is 24 inches long. 

it’ll come to PC and probably PS5 (maybe even still PS4) eventually. NIS always pulls this crap. I think that’s one of the reasons they have financial problems. The first version of Disgaea is always made worse by some enchnaced version released later that includes all dlc and new content. 

Japanese devs need to stop with this crap. Idea Factory did it all the time too With “Vita exclusives” that came to PC 6 months later. i get if you’re small enough that you don’t have the capacity to support multiple skus at once, but stop selling things as fake “exclusives”. But NISA got Ys because they could port to multiple skus for Falcom, so I don’t see why they can’t do their own games. 

and if the game is really already coming to PS4 in Japan, lol. Nintendo of America is touting the “exclusivity”. I’m just growing very tired of all these fake exclusives. 

Of course it's exclusive to the Switch. Everyone is crying about Demon's Souls being exclusive to PS5, but it's fine for Disgaea. Granted, I'm sure it will be as "exclusive" as Disgaea 4 and 5 are. But the 3D models don't look anywhere near as good as their 2D sprites.

36 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

Of course it's exclusive to the Switch. Everyone is crying about Demon's Souls being exclusive to PS5, but it's fine for Disgaea. Granted, I'm sure it will be as "exclusive" as Disgaea 4 and 5 are. But the 3D models don't look anywhere near as good as their 2D sprites.

But DS is a true PS5 exclusive, D6 is a multiplatform game, one way or another.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

But DS is a true PS5 exclusive, D6 is a multiplatform game, one way or another.

You seem to have missed my point. Demon's Souls is one of Sony's games, so you would expect it to be exclusive. Yet on other sites I've seen quite a few people crying about that. Not only is Disgaea a third party game, but the series has always launched on PlayStation first. Yet I've seen very few people complaining about it being "exclusive" to the Switch. This is the same sentiment I've been seeing for the past two years now, that it's fine when a game is exclusive to the Switch or PC, but it's time to find the torches and pitchforks when a game is exclusive to PlayStation.

Still a day one purchase for me. I'll hope for a PS4 western release because you can never have too many Disgaea trophies.

Good to see it exists. I see what they're trying to do with the 3d models but yeah, the translation of the sprites to them needs some work perhaps.

No plans for a western PS4 release, but they obviously didn't shut the door on it.