Disgaea 6 Announced

DEI2EK

Only coming to Nintendo Switch? Hard pass from me, I'm not buying another console. I'd be shocked if it doesn't come to PS5 eventually. I was really looking forward to another Disgaea title for the new generation. Hope they re-think that.

Not too sold on the 3d character models though. Loved the sprite look of the other games. Brought a sort of rustic charm to the whole thing. Guess we'll see how it looks in game though. Maybe not too bad.

Also max level of 99 million and over 1 quadrillion damage cap now... lol.

36 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

Of course it's exclusive to the Switch. Everyone is crying about Demon's Souls being exclusive to PS5, but it's fine for Disgaea. Granted, I'm sure it will be as "exclusive" as Disgaea 4 and 5 are. But the 3D models don't look anywhere near as good as their 2D sprites.

But DS is a true PS5 exclusive, D6 is a multiplatform game, one way or another.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

But DS is a true PS5 exclusive, D6 is a multiplatform game, one way or another.

You seem to have missed my point. Demon's Souls is one of Sony's games, so you would expect it to be exclusive. Yet on other sites I've seen quite a few people crying about that. Not only is Disgaea a third party game, but the series has always launched on PlayStation first. Yet I've seen very few people complaining about it being "exclusive" to the Switch. This is the same sentiment I've been seeing for the past two years now, that it's fine when a game is exclusive to the Switch or PC, but it's time to find the torches and pitchforks when a game is exclusive to PlayStation.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:58 AM, MidnightDragon said:

No plans for a western PS4 release, but they obviously didn't shut the door on it.

Normally only wallets can decide if we get this in the west or not.

Edit: nvm lol forgot we are near ending 2021, it's safe to assume that NIS has abandoned playstation.

Edited by Nelson_

22 minutes ago, Nelson_ said:

Edit: nvm lol forgot we are near ending 2021, it's safe to assume that NIS has abandoned playstation.

No, NISA has another batch of games planned for 2022. It's just Disgaea that abandoned PlayStation at this point.

Edited by Lance_87

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2021 at 11:45 AM, Nelson_ said:

Disgaea 5 on PS4 sold horribly, and when they ported it to the Switch, it sold almost the entirety of its PS4 lifetime sales in the west in just pre-orders alone.

So yeah, NIS generally brings more games to just Switch nowadays because it seems their games have a much wider audience there. I think the portability factor helps a lot, Disgaea is one of those series that suits handheld gaming pretty well.

It would be nice if they did eventually bring Disgaea 6 to PS4/PS5 though, I'm sure there'll be another inevitable "complete" edition of the game once all the DLC is out, so there's a chance it could see a Western release then, if NIS wanna gamble on it. I personally won't get my hopes up too high, but a lot is riding on what Nintendo's next console is going to be and how well that performs (I imagine there'll probably be a new Nintendo console around 2023-2025). NIS may start bringing more games to Playstation again if they see a dip in sales on Nintendo's latest platform compared to the Switch.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...