Iron Horse Discovery Mode coming September 22nd

Something a lot of us have been waiting for:

Discovery Mode for Operation Iron Horse will be available with TU11. With Discovery Mode, you can try your hand at the Raid with less intensive mechanics and matchmaking, allowing you to get a feel for the challenge before jumping in.

Different Raid-exclusive rewards will not drop in Discovery Mode, but other loot will stop drop as usual.

Discovery Mode is available for both the level 30 and level 40 versions of Operation Iron Horse and will be available for all players on September 22.

Full patch notes here:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/436fGLE8neAMJwDV2puNgl/title-update-11-summarized

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, Megaman80 said:

Finally, i will start this asap. Hope there wont come any more dlc trophies. Need to free up ha space

There is apparently one more Raid coming before support for the game ends but there's not even a name for it yet, let alone a release date.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:18 PM, willmill97 said:

I haven’t started this game yet so I’m not too sure on terminology, but does this update mean the trophy is easier to obtain now somehow?

Discovery Mode is basically a mode thats the equivalent of easy.

It doesn't by any means make things a cakewalk as it is still heavily teamwork dependent & the loot drops are nerfed (the best drops only have a chance at dropping on normal or higher) but it is still exponentially easier & more forgiving than normal mode.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

There is apparently one more Raid coming before support for the game ends but there's not even a name for it yet, let alone a release date.

Discovery Mode is basically a mode thats the equivalent of easy.

It doesn't by any means make things a cakewalk as it is still heavily teamwork dependent & the loot drops are nerfed (the best drops only have a chance at dropping on normal or higher) but it is still exponentially easier & more forgiving than normal mode.

Where did you hear about another raid?  At the rate things are going with this game a majority of players will be gone when/if they release one.  The first two were on the Year 1 roadmap.  Right now the only other event we know of is Operation: Nightmare, which is just a timed event.

28 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

I feel the new raid seems impossible, everything goes well untill we get boss down 3-4 healthbars, suddenlu everyone gets wiped, and im clueless why. Are there some elite players here who han help me trough?

It's a bit of a mess at the minute, if you're lucky you might get a couple of players that know what to do but that isn't enough. I've deleted it and I'll try again in a couple of months.

I probably had abut 12 hours of time playing it before finally beating it with a  random group via matchmaking.  I'd say in another week people will have it down.  you only have to beat the last boss with 8 players for the trophy to pop and almost every other match i join was at the final boss.  So best thing to do is just keep joining until you get put in at last boss and if everyone knows what to do it's not hard at all.  Wear a mic, learn the steps, and you should be good.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

I feel the new raid seems impossible, everything goes well untill we get boss down 3-4 healthbars, suddenlu everyone gets wiped, and im clueless why. Are there some elite players here who han help me trough?

ok when you get the boss down that low you are on the final phase if you see the train health bar what you need to do is kill the 3 big heavy guys with the keys like you did during the 1st phase of the boss fight only this time it will destroy the train taking down the trains health bar.  only then is it ok to finish off the boss,  If you finish off the boss health bar 1st a mortar strike will come and you won't be a able to hide under the train because it will have the electric field there.  Also make sure to save one rocket because after you put the 3 keys in and destroy the train, then you will kill the boss, the final thing is you have to shoot the last red bullet being loaded into the main cannon on the train.  If you don't it's game over. This time you only have a few seconds to shoot it but it only takes one rocket.  then you win trophy pops! hope this helps!

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

ok when you get the boss down that low you are on the final phase if you see the train health bar what you need to do is kill the 3 big heavy guys with the keys like you did during the 1st phase of the boss fight only this time it will destroy the train taking down the trains health bar.  only then is it ok to finish off the boss,  If you finish off the boss health bar 1st a mortar strike will come and you won't be a able to hide under the train because it will have the electric field there.  Also make sure to save one rocket because after you put the 3 keys in and destroy the train, then you will kill the boss, the final thing is you have to shoot the last red bullet being loaded into the main cannon on the train.  If you don't it's game over. This time you only have a few seconds to shoot it but it only takes one rocket.  then you win trophy pops! hope this helps!

yes, but we dont even have the trains health brar something happess when he/she has around 70% health. And we normally die

Last boss is easy but nobody understands how it works. They just burn the boss, wipe, rince & repeat.

Basically the whole fight is first phase all over again.

P1: You kill big guys to drop the key, activate the turret to hit the train. In the same time, you kill rocket launcher guys, and use it on the train's cannons (when they are up), or focus red missile in the middle of the train (first priority).

P2: When boss comes, regroup under train to avoid the one shot air strike.

Then every 25%hp or so the boss will do air strike again. So you should ignore the boss and do first phase again, especially kill the red missile with rockets. When missile is done, you are free to go under the train to avoid air strike, so now, and just now, you can burst the boss.

And the big mistake is that at some point you'll see a phase 3 with boss hp and train hp bars.

Most people will burst the boss again to "finish her". But if you do that, at 1% she will wipe the raid with air strike again.

SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO ? Ignore the boss !

Focus on the train. Use RLs to hit red missile, then cannons.

When train down, focus boss, she will air strike, regroup mid, enjoy the end.

Most people i played with have crazy good gear (compared to mine) all you have to tell them is when focusing the boss or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Last boss is easy but nobody understands how it works. They just burn the boss, wipe, rince & repeat.

Basically the whole fight is first phase all over again.

P1: You kill big guys to drop the key, activate the turret to hit the train. In the same time, you kill rocket launcher guys, and use it on the train's cannons (when they are up), or focus red missile in the middle of the train (first priority).

P2: When boss comes, regroup under train to avoid the one shot air strike.

Then every 25%hp or so the boss will do air strike again. So you should ignore the boss and do first phase again, especially kill the red missile with rockets. When missile is done, you are free to go under the train to avoid air strike, so now, and just now, you can burst the boss.

And the big mistake is that at some point you'll see a phase 3 with boss hp and train hp bars.

Most people will burst the boss again to "finish her". But if you do that, at 1% she will wipe the raid with air strike again.

SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO ? Ignore the boss !

Focus on the train. Use RLs to hit red missile, then cannons.

When train down, focus boss, she will air strike, regroup mid, enjoy the end.

Most people i played with have crazy good gear (compared to mine) all you have to tell them is when focusing the boss or not.

I'm having the same experience but people just won't work together. It doesn't matter if you use the on screen keyboard to type into the chat box or use the mic, there is just no co-ordination.

Phase 1 is easy enough as long as someone doesn't refuse to use the key after picking it up.

Phase 2 is the problem, a number of the team usually die in the first air strike & then no-one bothers shooting the missile, they focus the boss who then wipes the team with another airstrike because there is nowhere to hide from it due to the missile not being destroyed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

yes, but we dont even have the trains health brar something happess when he/she has around 70% health. And we normally die

well in that case all you had to do was take out the bullet which disables the electric field in the earlier phases of the fight but i guess you know that now since you completed it.  Congratulations.

21 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I'm having the same experience but people just won't work together. It doesn't matter if you use the on screen keyboard to type into the chat box or use the mic, there is just no co-ordination.

Phase 1 is easy enough as long as someone doesn't refuse to use the key after picking it up.

Phase 2 is the problem, a number of the team usually die in the first air strike & then no-one bothers shooting the missile, they focus the boss who then wipes the team with another airstrike because there is nowhere to hide from it due to the missile not being destroyed.

loved your phase 1 comment. I had to rage quit a few times due to this. Just so overly irritating when this happens...

i found this one to be pretty easy, got it after like 4 tries of not knowing what to do, once we did it was just a matter of keeping people alive. much easier than the first i believe 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, holland046 said:

Very frustrating when people shoot rocket launchers at normal enemies with a simple red bar, or low gear and just struggle to survive, not even capable of playing the objective or running around with a key without knowing. 

It takes 1 guy to fail the last boss. 

I hear you man, I was struggling playing with people picking up keys and not use it, I was lucky joining with bunch of randoms knew what they are doing and got the trophy.

• Like 1

On 25-10-2020 at 9:18 PM, Keyser Soze said:

I hear you man, I was struggling playing with people picking up keys and not use it, I was lucky joining with bunch of randoms knew what they are doing and got the trophy.

I'm joining every other day hoping ill be that lucky too. 

Very frustrating to have this kind of mechanic's in a game in a free to join lobby.

Compared to the first raid this is a little bit to much..but very fun when you have 7 friends of course who are willing to play this game. 

• Like 1