HITMAN 3 announcement - Game Thoughts

torchicgal

3 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Considering how the first two games were released (loads of small DLC, no platinum), I don't think people on this forum are particular hyped for it.

THIS omg. The tons of tiny DLC was annoying, the way H2 had H1 maps and made you complete them before getting 100%, and even more disappointing was the fact that there's not a plat.. I almost gave up on 100%ing because of that lol. It just feels so much more satisfying. I really hope that'll change with this new release... They need to handle that stuff better.

3 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Hitman is ok, never been into it much but when i watch it i do love the way you can choose how to take out the target, great variety in it.

Understandable- I love stealth games but they can become super stale after awhile.. Hitman does a great job with the variety of kills, it's so interesting to play

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I recently played the Hitman 2016 and absolutely loved it. I still need to play Hitman 2, but once I'm done with that, I'm definitely playing this one. 

Hitman 2 is amazing. The maps definitely feel bigger with much more to do and they improved some mechanics too while also preserving everything 2016 had

• 3 months later...

I'm def hyped, but I didn't like the (as said above) the small dlc's. PLUS no plat.

So, I focused on PC with em.

I've been playing since Silent Assassin, and I'm still a huge fan of the series.

I'm glad they still make new installments. ^_^

I'm excited for this. Hitman 2 was one of the better games I played last year. It was a hell of a slog playing through that and Hitman again though. I'm not sure I could play through it a 3rd time if they pull that again. Hitman 3 will be a hell of a game for someone new to the series if they do though. It'd be worth every penny

25 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

This is the first indication I've seen that, once again, the missions from Hitman 1 and 2 will be available in Hitman 3. No word on whether they'll have their own trophy lists again or not, but it's definitely more likely than before.

I think it was always going to be this way, the first announcement I saw for the game was that it was going to be playable in VR and that was the entire trilogy

The way Hitman provides content is excellent, but equally, the way it treats achievements/trophies is ridiculous. Presuming its the same, If they had their OWN lists, like Spyro on PS4, that would be absolutely fine. If you 100%'d the new trilogy you would have to beat Hitman 1 3 times, Hitman 2 twice, and Hitman 3 and wouldn't have a single platinum trophy to show for earning 400+ trophies and spending 200+ hours on the series. I understood the episodic logic of 1, but not 2 and 3.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

If you 100%'d the new trilogy you would have to beat Hitman 1 3 times, Hitman 2 twice, and Hitman 3 and wouldn't have a single platinum trophy to show for earning 400+ trophies and spending 200+ hours on the series. 

You never know. Apparently progression and unlocks carry over into Hitman 3 so we might get lucky and not have to repeat the Trophies for 1 and 2.

I can't wait to dig into Hitman 3, though this time around I'm glad to hear progress seems to be carrying over because whilst Hitman 1 I didn't really complete too much outside of the trophy requirements, when it came time Hitman 2 (and the Hitman 1 legacy maps in that version) I more or less 100% everything, only reason I didn't finish absolutely everything is knowing that Hitman 3 was coming later down the line and thinking I'd have to yet again go through everything again xD.

Though I am curious how they'll handle legacy maps this time around and if there will even be trophies for them. Reason being is Hitman 2 already has 2 lists for that alone, if you add all those legacy achievements in the Hitman 3 version then I expect the game to have damn near 3 full lists xD

Website Exophase has a trophy list out and it looks like its done slightly different and you have to do the base game levels for the platinum but they have included Hitman 1 and 2 trophies as expansions but its now just as three packs for each game and compressed all the levels down into fewer trophies.

Have to do that same training level a third time

https://www.exophase.com/game/hitman-3-psn/trophies/

Edited by parkerdip

11 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

Website Exophase has a trophy list out and it looks like its done slightly different and you have to do the base game levels for the platinum but they have included Hitman 1 and 2 trophies as expansions but its now just as three packs for each game and compressed all the levels down into fewer trophies.

Have to do that same training level a third time

https://www.exophase.com/game/hitman-3-psn/trophies/

Doesn't look too bad. They've simplified the trophies for all the older missions. I wonder if Mastery 20 carries over and auto-pops those trophies, if you've already done them in Hitman 2 for all missions?

• Like 1