torchicgal

HITMAN 3 announcement - Game Thoughts

46 posts in this topic

I haven't seen a thread here about it yet.. anyone else as hyped as me?

EDIT: official launch trailer below!

 

Edited by torchicgal
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitman is ok, never been into it much but when i watch it i do love the way you can choose how to take out the target, great variety in it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how the first two games were released (loads of small DLC, no platinum), I don't think people on this forum are particular hyped for it.

 

Personally, I can't wait to kill corrupt politicians with exploding ducks.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently played the Hitman 2016 and absolutely loved it. I still need to play Hitman 2, but once I'm done with that, I'm definitely playing this one. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Considering how the first two games were released (loads of small DLC, no platinum), I don't think people on this forum are particular hyped for it.

THIS omg. The tons of tiny DLC was annoying, the way H2 had H1 maps and made you complete them before getting 100%, and even more disappointing was the fact that there's not a plat.. I almost gave up on 100%ing because of that lol. It just feels so much more satisfying. I really hope that'll change with this new release... They need to handle that stuff better.

3 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Hitman is ok, never been into it much but when i watch it i do love the way you can choose how to take out the target, great variety in it.

Understandable- I love stealth games but they can become super stale after awhile.. Hitman does a great job with the variety of kills, it's so interesting to play

 

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I recently played the Hitman 2016 and absolutely loved it. I still need to play Hitman 2, but once I'm done with that, I'm definitely playing this one. 

Hitman 2 is amazing. The maps definitely feel bigger with much more to do and they improved some mechanics too while also preserving everything 2016 had

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't, until they announced that this one won't be another episodic game.

 

Super hoping they pull this off, it looks good and I’m hyped as well, but also cautious.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very hyped for this considering Hitman 2 is one of my favourite games this generation. I just hope they don't have Hitman 1 and 2 as part of the trophy list again because I'm almost through all of 2's trophies and it's getting pretty exhausting. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm def hyped, but I didn't like the (as said above) the small dlc's. PLUS no plat.

So, I focused on PC with em.

 

I've been playing since Silent Assassin, and I'm still a huge fan of the series.

I'm glad they still make new installments. ^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for this. Hitman 2 was one of the better games I played last year. It was a hell of a slog playing through that and Hitman again though. I'm not sure I could play through it a 3rd time if they pull that again. Hitman 3 will be a hell of a game for someone new to the series if they do though. It'd be worth every penny

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it only if you preordre digital you get the ps5 version ? or if you preordrer the ps5 version you also get the ps4 version ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trixter123 said:

is it only if you preordre digital you get the ps5 version ? or if you preordrer the ps5 version you also get the ps4 version ?

 

The Store lists PS4 and PS5 separately. So it seems you only get the one you pay for; not the one for the other console-generation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is the first indication I've seen that, once again, the missions from Hitman 1 and 2 will be available in Hitman 3. No word on whether they'll have their own trophy lists again or not, but it's definitely more likely than before.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In some of the PC Preview Gameplay videos I saw players earning new Achievements but I've been unable to find a list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

 

This is the first indication I've seen that, once again, the missions from Hitman 1 and 2 will be available in Hitman 3. No word on whether they'll have their own trophy lists again or not, but it's definitely more likely than before.

 

I think it was always going to be this way, the first announcement I saw for the game was that it was going to be playable in VR and that was the entire trilogy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

In some of the PC Preview Gameplay videos I saw players earning new Achievements but I've been unable to find a list.

It was one of the H1 trophies i believe so the likelihood of this becoming the game with the most trophies just got a whole lot more realistic

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Hitman provides content is excellent, but equally, the way it treats achievements/trophies is ridiculous. Presuming its the same, If they had their OWN lists, like Spyro on PS4, that would be absolutely fine. If you 100%'d the new trilogy you would have to beat Hitman 1 3 times, Hitman 2 twice, and Hitman 3 and wouldn't have a single platinum trophy to show for earning 400+ trophies and spending 200+ hours on the series. I understood the episodic logic of 1, but not 2 and 3.

Edited by PhantomFear94
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

If you 100%'d the new trilogy you would have to beat Hitman 1 3 times, Hitman 2 twice, and Hitman 3 and wouldn't have a single platinum trophy to show for earning 400+ trophies and spending 200+ hours on the series. 

You never know. Apparently progression and unlocks carry over into Hitman 3 so we might get lucky and not have to repeat the Trophies for 1 and 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to dig into Hitman 3, though this time around I'm glad to hear progress seems to be carrying over because whilst Hitman 1 I didn't really complete too much outside of the trophy requirements, when it came time Hitman 2 (and the Hitman 1 legacy maps in that version) I more or less 100% everything, only reason I didn't finish absolutely everything is knowing that Hitman 3 was coming later down the line and thinking I'd have to yet again go through everything again xD.

 

Though I am curious how they'll handle legacy maps this time around and if there will even be trophies for them. Reason being is Hitman 2 already has 2 lists for that alone, if you add all those legacy achievements in the Hitman 3 version then I expect the game to have damn near 3 full lists xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Website Exophase has a trophy list out and it looks like its done slightly different and you have to do the base game levels for the platinum but they have included Hitman 1 and 2 trophies as expansions but its now just as three packs for each game and compressed all the levels down into fewer trophies.

 

Have to do that same training level a third time

 

https://www.exophase.com/game/hitman-3-psn/trophies/

 

 

Edited by parkerdip
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cameronalan said:

Great News on the Platinum

Amazing news!!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely loved Hitman 1 & 2, so naturally I’m super excited for Hitman 3. Now that Hitman 3 is confirmed to have a platinum trophy; it makes me even more excited to tackle on it and its challenges.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

Website Exophase has a trophy list out and it looks like its done slightly different and you have to do the base game levels for the platinum but they have included Hitman 1 and 2 trophies as expansions but its now just as three packs for each game and compressed all the levels down into fewer trophies.

 

Have to do that same training level a third time

 

https://www.exophase.com/game/hitman-3-psn/trophies/

 

 

Doesn't look too bad. They've simplified the trophies for all the older missions. I wonder if Mastery 20 carries over and auto-pops those trophies, if you've already done them in Hitman 2 for all missions?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. That's some very time consuming dlc for such few trophies.

Edited by Angus1343
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.