HITMAN 3 announcement - Game Thoughts

torchicgal

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

You never know. Apparently progression and unlocks carry over into Hitman 3 so we might get lucky and not have to repeat the Trophies for 1 and 2.

I was wrong about the platinum, Hitman 3 does actually have a platinum. Same applies with Hitman 1 & 2 as DLC, though. Don't know why they don't just give it to players as 3 lists. 

15 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Ugh, really not sure I want to play through Hitman 1 for the third time, and Hitman 2 for the second time, for the 100%. Not surprising they did it this way, but still.

I don't get why they don't just do what Spyro/Crash bandicoot does on PS (not Xbox, annoyingly) and offer all 3 games but as seperate lists. I hate it when games either combine everything into one big super list, or do what Hitman does. From a content perspective, what they're doing is superb value though.

On 12/01/2021 at 4:56 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Best way to do it if you're new to the series is to just focus on Hitman 3, get the platinum and then buy 1 and 2 if you enjoy the 3rd game enough. At least that's my plan!

I'll wait for a sale but yeah that does sound like a good plan. I haven't played H1 & H2 yet the fact they don't have a plat has put me off big time.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

I am assuming we will get H1 and H2 as legacy packs for those of us who already own them to not have to buy DLC? like they did with H1 when 2 came out. I've been slowing working on getting H2 to 100% and it's great that this release finally has platinum and I might get it just because of that, because I love the game but I am not looking forward to 100% everything again.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, Maahniac said:

Doesn't look too bad. They've simplified the trophies for all the older missions. I wonder if Mastery 20 carries over and auto-pops those trophies, if you've already done them in Hitman 2 for all missions?

I assume it should, they said all mission progress will carry over and I assume mastery will as well

Also sounds like if you own a PS5 you will get two trophy lists. 

"You can either play HITMAN 3 in PS VR natively on your PS4 or via backward compatibility on PS5. To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of HITMAN 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital. If you are playing on PS5, your progress between the PS4 (VR) and PS5 (non-VR) versions is shared between the two versions.

You’ll be able to play the non-VR version of HITMAN 3 on PS5 with the next-gen improvements that we support (including Dual Sense support!) and then switch to the PS4 version for VR and all of your items and unlocks will be right there waiting for you. You will need to have both versions of the game installed on your PS5 to make that happen."

So you'll get the PS4 version and PS5 if you purchase the PS5 and since progress carries over you would be popping trophies each time you use the other console to continue playing...? So sounds like you can Platinum it on Ps5 and then pop 'em all on PS4... why not?

Edited by MikeCheck--

On 18/09/2020 at 1:30 AM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Considering how the first two games were released (loads of small DLC, no platinum), I don't think people on this forum are particular hyped for it.

If you're solely playing games to boost your trophy/platinum cabinet that's true. But that's certainly not everyone, not even on this forum.