so whens this coming out ?

Thephoenixshow

It'll be some time throughout the day.

Uk is out now: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4291-CUSA18671_00-1825939990749867

£24.99 - comes with a theme

I'm not sure if the patch has hit yet (as I'm not at my console) but if not, the Ray Tracing mode on the PS4 Pro is a bit iffy. it blurs out about 1/4 of the screen in cutscenes and when aiming - the RT also causes distant objects to flicker like a Christmas tree, red textures to randomly appear, shadows to go a little crazy, and other graphical issues. The day one patch should fix these (I've been told). 

The other options - quality or performance, both seem to run okay - but the game does freeze every time it autosaves (which is very, very often), messing up your momentum. Not a deal-breaker but another issue being looked into. 

The game is fun, just like the original, but I've put it on hold for our review until the patch drops as otherwise it'll be outdated by the time anyone actually reads it then buys the game.

*edit - just gone back on the game, in performance mode, and the assets are all glitching around. Swapped to RTX mode and it’s fine. So, it’s not an RTX issue with flickering, you just have to swap the visual mode and it’ll fix itself - still recommend waiting for the patch if using RTX though due to the blurred screen issue :)*

Edited by turniplord

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

It'll be some time throughout the day.

Uk is out now: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4291-CUSA18671_00-1825939990749867

£24.99 - comes with a theme

I'm not sure if the patch has hit yet (as I'm not at my console) but if not, the Ray Tracing mode on the PS4 Pro is a bit iffy. it blurs out about 1/4 of the screen in cutscenes and when aiming - the RT also causes distant objects to flicker like a Christmas tree, red textures to randomly appear, shadows to go a little crazy, and other graphical issues. The day one patch should fix these (I've been told). 

The other options - quality or performance, both seem to run okay - but the game does freeze every time it autosaves (which is very, very often), messing up your momentum. Not a deal-breaker but another issue being looked into. 

The game is fun, just like the original, but I've put it on hold for our review until the patch drops as otherwise it'll be outdated by the time anyone actually reads it then buys the game.

*edit - just gone back on the game, in performance mode, and the assets are all glitching around. Swapped to RTX mode and it’s fine. So, it’s not an RTX issue with flickering, you just have to swap the visual mode and it’ll fix itself - still recommend waiting for the patch if using RTX though due to the blurred screen issue :)*

From my experience those texture issues only happen when you switch between performance and quality on the fly. 

My recommendation for everyone that plays this on a pro: Pick performance mode. Higher FPS is much more worth it than the upscaled 4k in 30. The game feels much smoother and is more enjoyable to play. And don't bother with the Raytracing. It's not worth it to sacrifice the performance for it. 

Also, if you have a decent HDR TV like a LG C9 or CX, simply enabling HDR is a huge visual upgrade. 

Performance mode + HDR enabled is the way to go here.