So what all did you buy since the preorders went live?

FFATMA

I was lucky enough to see the Best Buy email literally a minute after it dropped into my inbox, so I nabbed myself a disc version of the PS5.  I didn't bother to get anything else at the time, because I was just focused on getting my PS5 pre-ordered as fast as possible!  I went back today and picked up Miles Morales Spiderman, Destruction Allstars, the HD camera and another controller.  I tried to get the pulse headphones, but they were sold out already.  I will need to buy another PS5 at some point for my wife, but I'll wait until there's lots of stock for everyone to pick one up before I go after another one!  So what did you guys get?  

• Like 4

Havent bought it and wont because of school being expensive. However if I bought one it would be the disc version and I'd buy at least 5 titles. I wouldnt get an extra controller until more colors are available and I dont have VR so I wouldn't get the camera either. I would wait on the headset because I want a pair of astros for the PS5, I like the comfortability, durability, and quality of the audio from my astro on PS4

• Like 1

I got the digital edition from Best Buy.

Obviously, that means I didn't pre-order any games. (Honestly, not going to get any PS5 games at launch. First thing to play after Astro's Playroom is Yakuza 7)

I don't really need the accessories either. Will probably get a different colour controller in a couple of years.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I was lucky enough to see the Best Buy email literally a minute after it dropped into my inbox, so I nabbed myself a disc version of the PS5.  I didn't bother to get anything else at the time, because I was just focused on getting my PS5 pre-ordered as fast as possible!  I went back today and picked up Miles Morales Spiderman, Destruction Allstars, the HD camera and another controller.  I tried to get the pulse headphones, but they were sold out already.  I will need to buy another PS5 at some point for my wife, but I'll wait until there's lots of stock for everyone to pick one up before I go after another one!  So what did you guys get?  

Amazon ca has the pulse headset still. Why do we need the camera? I feel like I rarely use my PS4 camera. I guess it isn’t compatible?

I have a PS5 and extra controller from Source. No games presently.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Amazon ca has the pulse headset still. Why do we need the camera? I feel like I rarely use my PS4 camera. I guess it isn’t compatible?

I have a PS5 and extra controller from Source. No games presently.

I don't know for sure, but I have heard that you need this camera for the PSVR, which I have been playing a fair amount of.  If it's not the adapter they were talking about, oh well, I do have a youtube channel, people can suffer through watching me play if they're extremely bored!  ?  

Thanks for the tip about Amazon.ca, for some reason although I searched for PS5 consoles, I didn't search for the headset!

Edit:  Headset purchased!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1

PS5, Camera,Remote,Pulse headsett,Charging Station, Extra Controller,Miles Morales,Far Cry6, AC:Vallhalla,Cod Black Ops Cold War. This is the most expensive generation for me tho. Pricetag for this was 1500$ i payed here in norway.

But anyways all worth it in the end.

In October i am going to get Deathloop,Ghost wire:Tokyo(this one i am really loooking forward to, another shinji game tho?). And ofc Resident Evil 8. If it is up for pre order.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

PS5, Camera,Remote,Pulse headsett,Charging Station, Extra Controller,Miles Morales,Far Cry6, AC:Vallhalla,Cod Black Ops Cold War. This is the most expensive generation for me tho. Pricetag for this was 1500$ i payed here in norway.

But anyways all worth it in the end.

In October i am going to get Deathloop,Ghost wire:Tokyo(this one i am really loooking forward to, another shinji game tho1f44d.png). And ofc Resident Evil 8. If it is up for pre order.

Nice haul!  I'm so used to using my controller for stuff like Netflix, Prime and Youtube, so I didn't think another remote would be worth it.  I might yet get the charging station and I'm probably going to be picking up most of those games at some point, but the last 24 hours has been expensive enough! 

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me yesterday after the Showcase. I just decided to check my email and seen BestBuy sent the pre-order email. I couldn't believe it. Quickly pre-ordered the disc version. Soon after I picked up:

- Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition

- Demon Souls

- Extra controller

- Charge Station

- Remote

I noticed today, Canadian retailer LondonDrugs made an announcement by email that they would open pre-orders again at 6PM. They were gone within a minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FFATMA said:

Nice haul!  I'm so used to using my controller for stuff like Netflix, Prime and Youtube, so I didn't think another remote would be worth it.  I might yet get the charging station and I'm probably going to be picking up most of those games at some point, but the last 24 hours has been expensive enough! 

Yeah m8. And yes as mentioned above. Camera is for the most part used for vr. You get a free adapter for your PS4 Camera, prob in PS5 box.

Only reason i bought the PS5 Camera is that i want to match with everything PS5 Related on design.

• Like 1

in canada so ill add tax roughly. 

Ps5 Console (disc based) ($721)

extended warranty ($50)

2nd Dualsense controller ($110)

Demons Souls ($100)

Spiderman (not with the original remastered)

($70)

AC Valhalla PS5 ($84)

Total:

$1135 CDN.

its what i expected to pay.

and debating on the 3D Audio headphones ($145)

and a ps5 controller charging station. ($50)

2 hours ago, jpfield said:

Camera is mainly for psvr games.you don’t need to buy a new one for the ps5 as you are supposed be able to get a free adaptor for the ps4 camera.

i thought camera was also able to help make streaming easier? thought they had said that. 

I picked up the disk version of the PS5, totally wasn't even planning on getting one at launch. Checked Best Buy's website last night randomly at around 1am just too see if it was as much of a shit show as everyone was making it out to be. I was able to secure a pre-order with little to no problems, took me like 5 minutes with no rush lol. I haven't pre-ordered any games yet but I'll for sure be trying to snag copies of Miles Morales and Demon's Souls right off the bat as my first 2 PS5 games. 

• Like 2