So what all did you buy since the preorders went live?

FFATMA

Initially I just pre-ordered the console (disc version) as I was rushing through just to get it done. Then jumped back on straight after and got a charging station, Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.

Since then I've added a headset, Planet Coaster (not a launch title though as far as I know?), Black Ops and 2K21.

The last two I'm still undecided on as I'm not a big multiplayer kind of gamer and I don't play many sports games anymore. If my friends get them I'll probably pick both up though.

• Like 2

If I get one, it will be when I get one. Hopefully sooner than later. But don't forget there will be many amazing games on the ps4 coming out throughout the next 6 months or more? Just live in the moment and play the amazing games that are on the ps4. Why does it matter if you got a ps5 when there will only be a few or so games on it for the first couple months? Ego? 

• Like 1

Uh, hello, BASED department?

Had to stay up 'til 3-ish and fudge the catalogue number into Argos' secondary search engine - which I can't imagine was a purposefully created hole in their retail system - but by Jove, I got the damn console. And, due to using my company's cashback system (note having paid with a voucher for the exact amount) my total comes out to 423 GBP, which really isn't the end of the world.

asddasdasads.png

This post was brought to you by the Patrician Disc-based Gentlefolk Gamer Gang

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 1

Congrats to everyone who managed to secure a pre-order ? the process of securing one sounded like it was an absolute pain in the ass for alot of folks.

I missed out on the pre-order window so i'm hoping we'll get some more stock available a points regularly towards the holidays. At the moment, Gamestop in Ireland let you pay them 50 euros to 'express interest' in the console and get your name on a list. So it's not a pre-order, but you just pay to put your name on a list to express interest to be considered for an actual pre-order.

But after all the news with Gamestop closing hundreds of stores (again), selling off some of its corporate assets like its private jet (wtf?) I don't even know if they will still be around to honour those pre-orders when all is said and done.

I haven't bought a physical game for a couple of years now, so i'm probably going to go for the disc drive-free version of the console. I might get a second joypad as a back-up, but in terms of hardware, that's all I think I need in terms of peripherals up front.

As for the games, I'll likely just get the Ultimate edition of Spider-Man:Miles Morales because it comes with a 'remastered' version of the original Spider-Man, complete with a new trophy list and platinum. Most of the games i'm really really psyched about come out next year and beyond (Horizon:Forbidden West, RE8, Hogwarts, FF16 etc) so i'll probably be running a mix of PS4 and PS5 until then.

But worst case scenario, if I still can't get a PS5 this year due to availability, the silver lining is that the games i'm hyped about in 2020 (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077) still can be upgraded for free to PS5 when I do manage to get one.

No matter what happens, the goddamn PS5 is actually in the world now and a new era is beginning. Lot's of prettier, faster games. Loads more trophies to earn. It's a good time to be a gamer :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FFATMA said:

So what did you guys get?  

Amusement. That's what I got. I'm once again baffled by all the braindead sheep that run when their corporate masters say so. PS5 has nothing to offer at launch. Why would I put myself into the stressful and expensive task of buying an overpriced piece of plastic? I remember very vivdly all the issue that new consoles had in the past. The infamous Red Ring of Death, ridiculous install times ect. pp. But since we live in a time of feelings, no facts or rational thoughts matter. I bet someone will complain over my choice of words. Because that's what's happening these days.
So, go and buy your expensive toy. If that's what makes you happy and increases your status on the schoolyard. I'll just sit back, relax and watch all the mayhem. :)

sheeplefinal1-825x5107okqd.jpg

• Like 2

I got disc version of PS5 alongside Demon's Souls from my local retailer. Still wondering whether to pick up Miles Morales right away or just wait until price drop. Might just get it right away because, well, Spider-Man. Will also have to get camera for PSVR, eventually but I still can work that on PS4 for the time being.

I barely got in on the disc version at walmart last night. Kept going in and out of stock for over an hour.

I figure games and controllers will not be that hard to find day 1

Also I want two controllers but I kinda wanna hold off as long as I can so maybe I can get a cool colored one if they do that.

I missed out on the pre order. I was a little bummed at for about 5 seconds and then I realized that my backlog has enough to keep me busy until the PS6 releases. So, I will just focus on that until I am able to secure one. Plus, with it coming out during the holidays, its the same time that a lot of great games release. I will be able to play them on the PS4 and then get to play them again on the PS5. 

• Like 1

Bought a bundle that included PS5 at launch, an extra DualSense and charging station. Don't really see the point of getting the camera till they actually do something substantial with PSVR. Remote seems niche and I still have my Steelseries headset so I didn't need the new one. Currently waiting on the games to see if there's going to be any special or collector's editions, especially for Demon's Souls. I'd buy that CE in a heartbeat lol

3 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

I got disc version of PS5 alongside Demon's Souls from my local retailer. Still wondering whether to pick up Miles Morales right away or just wait until price drop. Might just get it right away because, well, Spider-Man. Will also have to get camera for PSVR, eventually but I still can work that on PS4 for the time being.

I was standing by when the pre-orders were up and got nothing lol rip for now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

Amusement. That's what I got. I'm once again baffled by all the braindead sheep that run when their corporate masters say so. PS5 has nothing to offer at launch. Why would I put myself into the stressful and expensive task of buying an overpriced piece of plastic? I remember very vivdly all the issue that new consoles had in the past. The infamous Red Ring of Death, ridiculous install times ect. pp. But since we live in a time of feelings, no facts or rational thoughts matter. I bet someone will complain over my choice of words. Because that's what's happening these days.
So, go and buy your expensive toy. If that's what makes you happy and increases your status on the schoolyard. I'll just sit back, relax and watch all the mayhem. :)

sheeplefinal1-825x5107okqd.jpg

It's fine if you don't want the stress and the expense because you don't think that the PS5 has anything to offer.  It indicates that you haven't actually been paying attention to what benefits the new system will provide, but that's fine, you can live in ignorance if you choose.  I did not make a braindead decision to purchase this when it became available, I have been reading about the system quite a bit since it was announced.  I decided that I liked the information that was presented to me.  I have never had an issue with day 1 purchases from either Sony or Microsoft, but I understand that if I do have an issue, I have avenues to rectify the situation.  Sure, it might take some time to get the problem fixed/replaced, but to hold off completely in the fear that I just might encounter those issues is ludicrous.  So I will enjoy my new product while you sit there smugly thinking that you are somehow superior because you were too scared to take a chance on something new.  I guess if that's how you obtain your happiness, you do you!