So what all did you buy since the preorders went live?

FFATMA

I managed to get the last disc version available at the time from bestbuy. I went back after I had already ordered and saw that I should've gotten a charging station but eh I'll get one later. I think the plan is to get Demon Souls to play with my bf so we are probably going to wait to see how the console activation works if it's the same as PS4 so only one of us needs to buy the game digitally. 

I had a last minute change of mind and went with the disc drive version when I placed my preorder today through the Sony invite. Even though I buy most games digitally and will continue to do so I didn't want to regret not having the disc drive later on down the line.

The tipping point for me though was when I remembered the Cyberpunk preorder I made late last year just before my GCU discount expired and I don't really want to play that on my PS4 when the PS5 has just come out if possible.

• Like 1

I got the PS5 (Disc) and the media remote. I'm still debating on getting the headset but I don't think I really need to. Probably not going to get any games but I'm still a bit tempted by AC: Valhalla. I'm mostly concerned about being able to play the PS4 games I already have.

21 hours ago, freeman4200 said:

If I get one, it will be when I get one. Hopefully sooner than later. But don't forget there will be many amazing games on the ps4 coming out throughout the next 6 months or more? Just live in the moment and play the amazing games that are on the ps4. Why does it matter if you got a ps5 when there will only be a few or so games on it for the first couple months? Ego? 

For me it's to provide a better PS4 experience. I'm not a fan of the PS4 Pro, because it's too noisy, the Dualshock 4 has poor battery life, and I don't like how it deals with installing physical games (leaving you waiting to hear the disc drive stop spinning). I'm hoping the PS5 will be better with these issues, and we know the Dualsense has a larger battery at the very least. It might not fix all the issues, and I am taking a leap of faith, but even if I'm wrong, at the bare minimum it'll still be able to play PS5 games when they come, Plus it'll still have the SSD which will help with load times and navigating the OS. 

I'd be buying a PS5 anyways, so I figured I may as well try and get it when I can and was fortunate enough to be able to land a preorder.

I got the disc model from Bestbuy, picking up at the store.  The next day I also ordered the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales that comes with the upgraded version of the base game, Assassin's Creed, and a second controller.  Wish I could get a different color on the controller, I like having different looking ones, so I'll probably get another one a couple of years from now, whenever a cool looking one comes out, but having the 2nd one now will come in handy since I live with my girlfriend and I also like to have the 2nd one plugged in and charging so I can just switch it out when one goes dead.  Might end up also getting the Lego Star Wars game if it ends up being really good, loved having Lego Marvel Superheroes as a launch game on the PS4.

Week after its release though I'll be using it to play Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:50 AM, Santa_in_Sandals said:

Amusement. That's what I got. I'm once again baffled by all the braindead sheep that run when their corporate masters say so. PS5 has nothing to offer at launch. Why would I put myself into the stressful and expensive task of buying an overpriced piece of plastic? I remember very vivdly all the issue that new consoles had in the past. The infamous Red Ring of Death, ridiculous install times ect. pp. But since we live in a time of feelings, no facts or rational thoughts matter. I bet someone will complain over my choice of words. Because that's what's happening these days.
So, go and buy your expensive toy. If that's what makes you happy and increases your status on the schoolyard. I'll just sit back, relax and watch all the mayhem. :)

sheeplefinal1-825x5107okqd.jpg

Hit the nail on the fucking head. 

Sales is what matters, and that is all the big business executives care about. 

I’ve been criticized on this website on what I’ve spoken about the PlayStation 5, and the lack of games it will have at launch. It’s funny how people just blasted me for saying that preordering is stupid, but should their new console not arrive in time, they will blame the store clerks for not receiving enough copies to keep everyone satisfied. 

Really goes to show how self entitled we’ve become. Even a jerk like Lebron James would probably go on his Twitter account and complain his new PS5 isn’t what he wanted out of it. 

It will be a hectic Holiday season. Black Friday is going to be chaos in the video game world. Going to be fun hearing all the people on Facebook and Twitter complain. 

• Like 3

Disc drive ps5, demons souls & spider man

under normal circumstances i would have held out on purchasing a next gen console until a year or so after the initial launch

but i got an email from sony a few weeks ago if i would be interested in signing up for pre order access, i hit ok and thought that i just wasnt picked when the first wave of pre orders went live, then on the 24th i got an email saying to click the following link on the 25th at 1pm eastern for pre ordering, so i did.  I want the physical format, i had early access to get 1 and im happy i did.  Some people might be lucky enough to get “any” ps5 because Stores stock will be limited and consumers will take whatever they can get their hands on, especially at launch..and when its launch? During the busiest/craziest shopping week of the year, go figure! Its the version i want, its from Sony directly, no scam site or from a price gouging scalper, just regular retail price with taxes of course, with free delivery just because of being a ps+ member.  I can avoid the mob and possible shortage of supply because of high demand and im guaranteed the Ps5 i want.  I mind as well.  The lack of games isnt an issue.  What brand new system came out with a shit ton of brand new games before, i cant remember a time But then again im not the gaming historian, itll all come in due time.  Plus arent ps5 owners with ps+ getting like a dozen or so ps4 remasters?, sure its not brand new ps5 games or anything, but they should atleast have brand new ps5 trophy stacks Right? Remember when you couldnt buy hand sanitizer or toilet paper, PS5 will be the same way

Edited by Property_Damage

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’ve been criticized on this website on what I’ve spoken about the PlayStation 5, and the lack of games it will have at launch. It’s funny how people just blasted me for saying that preordering is stupid, but should their new console not arrive in time, they will blame the store clerks for not receiving enough copies to keep everyone satisfied. 

Really goes to show how self entitled we’ve become. Even a jerk like Lebron James would probably go on his Twitter account and complain his new PS5 isn’t what he wanted out of it.

It is not only the lack of games but also the uncertainty over the console's reliability. Just to remind those too young to remember:

PS1: Needed to be turned upside down to work because a part of the drive was made of plastic and got deformed over time due to being too close the internal AC adaptor. Was later properly made out of metal.

PS2: Drive was unreliable and had issues reading games printed on CD (e.g. The Wrath of Cortex). Fan got noisy and the system was prone to overheating. PS2 Slim (2004) had none of these issues.

PS3: Drive was faulty and the console was getting the infamous Yellow Light of Death. PS3 Slim was introduced in 2009.

So, people, why are you giving this company the benefit of the doubt? PS4 is a mess as well. I recently purchased an Xbox One X. Despite being the most powerful console on the market, the box barely makes a sound. All PS4 models, however, sound like a jet engine.

But again, arguments hold little value these days.

Edited by Santa_in_Sandals
typos
  • Like 1

Since the preorders went up at night instead of the next day like they were supposed to, I was at work. I have preordered the headset, Spiderman, and Demon's Souls. Still looking for a PS5, but I refuse to enable the horrible people out there by buying from a scalper.

Edit: I forgot about the charging stand for controllers.

Edited by Gaberdude

1 hour ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

So, people, why are you giving this company the benefit of the doubt? PS4 is a mess as well. I recently purchased an Xbox One X. Despite being the most powerful console on the market, the box barely makes a sound. All PS4 models, however, sound like a jet engine.

All technology is going to have some issues that can occur in the early models, that's why we have things like warranties to protect the consumer.

I will say my experience has been very different from you.

PS4 - The standard PS4 I have has never been loud. Original PS4 Pro is loud but the revision that came out a year after only makes a sound when a game really pushes it graphically and even then only briefly.

PS3 - I have a fat PS3 still working fine over a decade after it was purchased (early 2009), I've never had issues with it.

PS2 - I have a second hand fat PS2 that was bought back in 2003, I've never had issues with it and it still works as well as it ever did.

PS1 - I have a second hand PS1 that was bought back in 1998, I've never had issues with it and it still works fine.

Personally I'm happy to take the risk, worst case scenario there's something wrong with it and I'll get a replacement.

So far I've only preordered the PS5, intending to buy Spider-Man MM and Demon Souls though closer to release date.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 0:29 AM, Property_Damage said:

Plus arent ps5 owners with ps+ getting like a dozen or so ps4 remasters?, sure its not brand new ps5 games or anything, but they should atleast have brand new ps5 trophy stacks Right?

I don't think that they're PS5 remasters of PS4 games, I think that they're just PS4 games that you can get for free digitally and play on PS5 (and playing them on PS5 will enhance them similarly to how playing them on a Pro does). ie. I don't think that they're going to have separate trophy lists.  But, if you're right and they do have separate trophies, oh my God, would I enjoy that.  Going for the Platinum again on Days Gone, Fallout 4, Second Son, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Last of Us for a third time......that would be a real treat for me.  As it is now, of the 18 games, I own 16 of them, so my attitude on it is, well, it's nice to see and I guess it's a great feature for other people.  But, oh, I hope you're right.

5 hours ago, Cherrywood said:

I don't think that they're PS5 remasters of PS4 games, I think that they're just PS4 games that you can get for free digitally and play on PS5 (and playing them on PS5 will enhance them similarly to how playing them on a Pro does). ie. I don't think that they're going to have separate trophy lists.  But, if you're right and they do have separate trophies, oh my God, would I enjoy that.  Going for the Platinum again on Days Gone, Fallout 4, Second Son, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Last of Us for a third time......that would be a real treat for me.  As it is now, of the 18 games, I own 16 of them, so my attitude on it is, well, it's nice to see and I guess it's a great feature for other people.  But, oh, I hope you're right.

I dont think anyone knows what exactly these remasters will be until the time comes, if they are just upscaled versions of the pre existing games or if they are true remasters, i would like to believe they are remasters with new trophy lists as im pretty sure Sony even stated that they are remasters, but maybe im wrong, im just speculating on the topic 

But didnt like every ps3 remaster get a new ps4 trophy list when they got the “remastered” tag

idk, But heres to being hopeful!

On 9/27/2020 at 9:18 AM, AusLeviathan said:

All technology is going to have some issues that can occur in the early models, that's why we have things like warranties to protect the consumer.

I will say my experience has been very different from you.

PS4 - The standard PS4 I have has never been loud. Original PS4 Pro is loud but the revision that came out a year after only makes a sound when a game really pushes it graphically and even then only briefly.

PS3 - I have a fat PS3 still working fine over a decade after it was purchased (early 2009), I've never had issues with it.

PS2 - I have a second hand fat PS2 that was bought back in 2003, I've never had issues with it and it still works as well as it ever did.

PS1 - I have a second hand PS1 that was bought back in 1998, I've never had issues with it and it still works fine.

Personally I'm happy to take the risk, worst case scenario there's something wrong with it and I'll get a replacement.

So far I've only preordered the PS5, intending to buy Spider-Man MM and Demon Souls though closer to release date.

I've also never experienced any technical issues with any of the Playstation products I've bought on day 1.  I was using my original PS4 up until a few months ago when I got the PS4 Pro The Last of Us 2 bundle.  As a matter of fact, the only issue I've ever had with a Playstation product was that the controller I got in that bundle is having a problem with drifting.  So not exactly a day 1 issue.  This guy is living in fear of what might happen and is also disregarding the fact that if something does happen, he can easily get it rectified.  Seems like a pretty horrible way to go through life.

• Like 2