So what all did you buy since the preorders went live?

FFATMA

Since the PS2 I have bought my Sony consoles on launch and haven't had any issues with them at all. They aren't loud and they still work completely fine. Next gen won't be any different. The only console I have ever had issues with was the Xbox 360. I went through 3 of them getting the red ring of death before I decided I wouldn't buy another Xbox again.

And like others have mentioned, in the unlikely event something does go wrong with your console you are completely covered and won't be out of pocket a single cent. There is nothing to be afraid of.

Edited by PeachyJacobs
  • Like 1

I was lucky enough to pre-order a disc console from Walmart the minute that pre-orders went live. I pre-ordered Marvel's SpiderMan Miles Morales a week later since that game wasn't available to pre-order from Walmart at the time.

Still undecided on Godfall, I might get it. I'm also getting Maneater on launch day since the developers of that game said that next gen upgrade would be free for people who already bought the game on PS4 like me. 

Edited by CxCAR-25

On 9/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Santa_in_Sandals said:

It is not only the lack of games but also the uncertainty over the console's reliability. Just to remind those too young to remember:

PS1: Needed to be turned upside down to work because a part of the drive was made of plastic and got deformed over time due to being too close the internal AC adaptor. Was later properly made out of metal.

PS2: Drive was unreliable and had issues reading games printed on CD (e.g. The Wrath of Cortex). Fan got noisy and the system was prone to overheating. PS2 Slim (2004) had none of these issues.

PS3: Drive was faulty and the console was getting the infamous Yellow Light of Death. PS3 Slim was introduced in 2009.

So, people, why are you giving this company the benefit of the doubt? PS4 is a mess as well. I recently purchased an Xbox One X. Despite being the most powerful console on the market, the box barely makes a sound. All PS4 models, however, sound like a jet engine.

But again, arguments hold little value these days.

you act like any of these were prevalent.  They weren’t.  The only one I heard off was the PS3 YLOD which was not an issue at launch as it was many years down the road.  Nothing like what Microsoft encountered with the Red Ring of Death.

Simply put, I trust Sony hardware a lot more than I do Microsoft (Predominately a software company) hardware.  As do electronics experts.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 5:49 AM, Santa_in_Sandals said:

It is not only the lack of games but also the uncertainty over the console's reliability. Just to remind those too young to remember:

PS1: Needed to be turned upside down to work because a part of the drive was made of plastic and got deformed over time due to being too close the internal AC adaptor. Was later properly made out of metal.

PS2: Drive was unreliable and had issues reading games printed on CD (e.g. The Wrath of Cortex). Fan got noisy and the system was prone to overheating. PS2 Slim (2004) had none of these issues.

PS3: Drive was faulty and the console was getting the infamous Yellow Light of Death. PS3 Slim was introduced in 2009.

So, people, why are you giving this company the benefit of the doubt? PS4 is a mess as well. I recently purchased an Xbox One X. Despite being the most powerful console on the market, the box barely makes a sound. All PS4 models, however, sound like a jet engine.

But again, arguments hold little value these days.

PS2 Slim was the first console I bought with these thoughts in mind. Bought my PS2 Slim in late 2004. Fast forward to early 2005. God of War comes out, I get the game and enjoy the shit out of it. Same with Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc etc. 

Played the Xbox 360. I was one of the lucky few who didn’t get the red light of death, but all my friends got it when they played over a decade ago. However, I didn’t play it a great deal, so that was probably why. 

PS3 Slim Model 2 I purchase in late 2012. Still have it hooked up in my bedroom, never gave me problems. The only issue is the slow load times, but that’s merely older technology. 

PS4 was bought just weeks after Batman: Arkham Knight came out. Now I’ve already seen the PS4 Slim in person and it is a bit better. Engine isn’t completely immune to sounding like a jet engine but it’s a definite improvement over the OG PS4. Didn’t see a purpose for the PS4 Pro unless I was mostly playing AAA games. Which I don’t, I play a big variety.

The PS5 will be following in the footsteps of the mid - late lifecycle of the PS4. There will probably be more of a social media aspect, system updates will occur frequently, and games will come gradually. But right now there is nothing to entice me to get that nor the new Xbox console. Not enough of a selection, and the interface will go through a lot of changes. 

It’s better to wait. Anybody that tells me I’m missing out by not preordering and playing the PS5 on Day One can just take their views elsewhere. I can easily just see people on live-streams and YouTube playing the console, so I’m not necessarily missing out.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

PS2 Slim was the first console I bought with these thoughts in mind. Bought my PS2 Slim in late 2004. Fast forward to early 2005. God of War comes out, I get the game and enjoy the shit out of it. Same with Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc etc. 

Played the Xbox 360. I was one of the lucky few who didn’t get the red light of death, but all my friends got it when they played over a decade ago. However, I didn’t play it a great deal, so that was probably why. 

PS3 Slim Model 2 I purchase in late 2012. Still have it hooked up in my bedroom, never gave me problems. The only issue is the slow load times, but that’s merely older technology. 

PS4 was bought just weeks after Batman: Arkham Knight came out. Now I’ve already seen the PS4 Slim in person and it is a bit better. Engine isn’t completely immune to sounding like a jet engine but it’s a definite improvement over the OG PS4. Didn’t see a purpose for the PS4 Pro unless I was mostly playing AAA games. Which I don’t, I play a big variety.

The PS5 will be following in the footsteps of the mid - late lifecycle of the PS4. There will probably be more of a social media aspect, system updates will occur frequently, and games will come gradually. But right now there is nothing to entice me to get that nor the new Xbox console. Not enough of a selection, and the interface will go through a lot of changes. 

It’s better to wait. Anybody that tells me I’m missing out by not preordering and playing the PS5 on Day One can just take their views elsewhere. I can easily just see people on live-streams and YouTube playing the console, so I’m not necessarily missing out.

I definitely wouldn't say you're missing out.  Most of us are responding to the smugly superior Santa-in-Sandals who basically is saying we're all fools to buy it now.  Sure, there's not a ton available at this point, but the performance upgrades and the vastly reduced loading times are worth it entirely to me, even if the system launched without a single new PS5 title.  If you want to wait because you don't find it worth it to you, that's absolutely fine, no issues at all with that!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 9:22 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Havent bought it and wont because of school being expensive. However if I bought one it would be the disc version and I'd buy at least 5 titles. I wouldnt get an extra controller until more colors are available and I dont have VR so I wouldn't get the camera either. I would wait on the headset because I want a pair of astros for the PS5, I like the comfortability, durability, and quality of the audio from my astro on PS4

i think they said you can use the ps4 camera for the psvr onto ps5. 

i think psvr isnt 1080 though, i think they purposely didnt make it that so they could have a reason to make a 1080 and 4k in the future

• Like 1

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i think they said you can use the ps4 camera for the psvr onto ps5. 

i think psvr isnt 1080 though, i think they purposely didnt make it that so they could have a reason to make a 1080 and 4k in the future

Oh if thats true thats cool! I just am personally not sold on VR in general so I just havent bought it yet.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Oh if thats true thats cool! I just am personally not sold on VR in general so I just havent bought it yet.

i enjoy the vr but it makes me extremely sick so i dont use it much. it is pretty amazing when its used with games you dont have to run. what happens with vr is yourbrain thinks your body is moving at a fast speed, but your body is telling your brain its not doing anything so you can have 2 bad results here. one is similar to car sickness where you stare out the window as a passenger as things are flying past you and you get sick. another is when you get bit by a poisonous insect or something like a snake, the poison tells your brain something isnt right and you get dizzy and such. this is basically what happens in vr and i really dont think there is anyway around it. some days im fine playing it other days i just know to not even bother. i always need the fan on before i start to cool myself down. im also 40 though so i imagine age might play a role. the vr also state you should be over age 12 i think to play it. its not goo for younger people as it will strain your developing vision and whatever else. when sega made vr in the 90s they scrapped it. one of the developers wrote a article on why vr is bad for you. everytime you use vr, your eyes i guess you can say distance themself in another world. its only a little bit then they come back to reality. in small amounts its ok. in large amounts over time this can become a problem. since the 90s was the start of everyone being sued like crazy, sega decided scrap this lets not risk it. but today, sony owns EVERYTHING from movies to music to electronics. they have a team of lawyers upon a team of lawyers and so forth. their legal agreements usually say hey if you wanna use anything that might fk with you, you have to agree to not sue us lol. they know they are throwing a harmful product out there but its up to us to decide if we want it or not. vr is like beer lol. but still it is pretty awesome givin the right game. i just dont think it can get to a extremely awesome full enhanced mode that we dreamed of because our bodies and mind cant adjust to that. unless maybe you have a warehouse you can run around in with sensors that tell you when your 10 feet from a wall lol

On 9/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, djb5f said:

you act like any of these were prevalent.  They weren’t.  The only one I heard off was the PS3 YLOD which was not an issue at launch as it was many years down the road.  Nothing like what Microsoft encountered with the Red Ring of Death.

Flipping the PS1 upside down was absolutely prevalent among early models. 

I was lucky enough to get a disk PS5 on Amazon. I'm getting Demon Souls, Spider-Man that comes with the remastered version of 2018 one. If cyberpunk counts I'm getting that also. Hopefully there are more opportunities for people to get a PS5. But mostly I'll be working on my PS4 backlog on the PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 2:48 AM, FFATMA said:

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification!

Just to clarify further, I believe the new HD PS5 camera will not be compatible with the current PSVR gear, which is why they have included the free adaptor for current PSVR gear.

I believe the camera will be used with enhancements to tracking when and if a new PSVR headset is announced, but not 100% certain on that.

Got the PS5 disc version preordered. 

I'm waiting until Demons Souls drops in price, surely won't be £70 at release? 

I've bought the Crash Trilogy for £12 and Far Cry New Dawn for £7.

Probably going to buy Fifa 21 too, but also waiting for that to drop in price. 

That's my planned line up for the first few months of PS5 gaming:

Demon Souls - PS5

FIFA 21 - PS5

Crash 123 - PS4 BC

Far Cry New Dawn - PS4 BC

Starting a new fresh account with the PS5 too and planning to only play games I know I will enjoy as opposed to trophy chasing and putting myself through games like Toro just for trophies.