Just got my platinum! I made up a guide detailing my method for farming exp if anyone’s interested

TESDCurator

8 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Nice man, will try it out as soon as I'm done with Get Theres and Gaps

Good luck! The Get Theres were tough, but I enjoyed the challenge and they definitely felt within grasp. The gaps (mostly just skate heaven) drove me nuts because they didn’t seem to follow any logic half the time lol

17 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Seems easy enough, I just don't think I'd have the mental fortitude to do all that mind-numbing grinding.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DHfhV0DybXTsMj0E6ZeJisKOQbDw6hCmRNNwRCQZiM8/edit#gid=0

I'm level 71 so it means i already acquired  211,800 XP.

for level 100 i need a total of  782,050

570.000 xp, earning that much XP by going the method above would take like 100 hours oO. That's indeed really too much for me.

6 hours ago, TESDCurator said:

So, how much time did it take you?

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Just now, lesk8vaincra said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DHfhV0DybXTsMj0E6ZeJisKOQbDw6hCmRNNwRCQZiM8/edit#gid=0

570.000 xp, earning that much XP by going the method above would take like 100 hours oO. That's indeed really too much for me.

Well damn, not keen lol

1 hour ago, lesk8vaincra said:

So, how much time did it take you?

For me I started tracking it at level 68 (what level I was when I finished everything else in the game and started JUST grinding exp) and it took me around 70 hours of pure grinding exp to get to 100

Thanks, this gets me an additional 0.4 XP per second compared to my hangar run.

Note that you can very easily go afk during this using ps4macro.

//The walls were screwing me sometimes, so I removed some. Getting total of 2.8 XP per second now.

Edited by the_m4jX

1 hour ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Do you need to complete all 700+ challenges to get to level 100 if you don't just do this grinding?

You cannot reach level 100 with all challenges ingame. You probably will be a round 70-75 max 80 when you're done with the challenges

5 hours ago, Pray07 said:

Cheers for the video, I might give that a go.

Anyone know how much XP you actually need to hit level 100?

I'm at 69 atm.

Dont know the exact number for all levels together. But if i remember correctly 80s will be +600xp each level and 90s +700. 99-100 should be around 29300. Level 100-101 is 30k. As i said dont get me on exact numbers but this should be a good overview whats needed in the later levels. 

Edited by Syco2oo5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, the_m4jX said:

//The walls were screwing me sometimes, so I removed some. Getting total of 2.8 XP per second now.

would you mind sharing your xml file? the best I can muster is being able to get the full run in all spots except one, and it bothers me beyond comprehension

an alternative that earns similiar amounts per hour (more xp but more restarts) some might enjoy to help keep it fresh

form the start of downtown you jump off the ramp, hit a few tricks go into a manual, run that manual by the fountain (i zigzag and stall so it takes 10 seconds) when the clock says 1:47 i go to hit a special grind onto the fountain hold for 10 seconds. you need a combo of 250,000+ to get the maximum xp so I typically make sure my combo is x10 so when it hits 1:34 i do a few grinds switches then jump off. 

you'll get 20xp for the score, 20 for the combo 25 for the grind, 25 for the manual. 90xp for 30 seconds.

an hour of of your method nets 10640xp.

an hour of my way gets you 10800xp

personally find it easier to be more efficent with a timer.  but mixing it up with your level will make the last leg of the grind (currently lvl95) a little more tolerable as mixing it up is good way to combat the boredom lol.

Edited by Domatron0602
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, the_m4jX said:

Hey what walls were giving you issues? I can easily edit the park. I tested it this park out for about 20 minute to check if anything would catch / mess up but didn’t see anything myself. I originally only out up the walls where you start so if someone wanted to use PS4Macro they wouldn’t have to steer. 

The walls to the rail would sometimes make me wallride instead of grind, I remixed your park and removed them. The walls to the lip work fine.

20 hours ago, daddy-big-sac said:

would you mind sharing your xml file? the best I can muster is being able to get the full run in all spots except one, and it bothers me beyond comprehension

I can, but it's pretty simple to do it yourself and since I got a SSD in my PS4, our loading times probalby differ, so it's no use to you most likely.

Edited by the_m4jX

6 minutes ago, the_m4jX said:

The walls to the rail would sometimes make me wallride instead of grind, I remixed your park and removed them. The walls to the lip work fine.

I can, but it's pretty simple to do it yourself and since I got a SSD in my PS4, our loading times probalby differ, so it's no use to you most likely.

Gotcha. We’re you jumping by chance? I hadn’t really considered people may try to jump and that might make the grind not work as well, Versus simply holding the grind button without jumping