Just got my platinum! I made up a guide detailing my method for farming exp if anyone’s interested

TESDCurator

8 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Okay I tried this method for a while, managed to level from 65 to 66.5 and I'm already bored. How did you guys manage to do this to 90+? 1f602.png

A lot of time, and a lot of Netflix lol. If I were a betting man I’d say they will eventually give more ways to earn exp, but as of right now it’s just painfully slow

3 hours ago, ArK_TatiCo said:

i created a map and a good loop (ps4Macro) that do 60+25+25+60 in 1:40 mins.  Need to do more runs to grab a good score (75+25+25+25+75 or more)

The score for combo and overall points is calculated on 2 factors: score and run time. The maximum is 75 points, and to get that you need about 300,000 points and 2 minutes. Since it accounts for time, even if you get over a billion points, if your total time is 1 minute your exp maxes out at about 39 points.

People (myself included) have worked out the math and it’s not worth the time to prolong your run in order to get higher points. The highest per hour exp you can do is to get your manual/rail/stall as fast as you can, then get about 300,000 points and end the run early. Doing it this way you get about 133 exp in about 45 seconds, or roughly 10,640/hour.

If you extend the run in order to reach the maximum score you wind up getting 225 exp in 2 minutes, or roughly 6750/hour. The run you described (60+25+25+25+60 in 1:40) calculates out to 7020 exp/hour so still significantly less than in the video guide posted.

Edited by TESDCurator
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TESDCurator said:

The score for combo and overall points is calculated on 2 factors: score and run time. The maximum is 75 points, and to get that you need about 300,000 points and 2 minutes. Since it accounts for time, even if you get over a billion points, if your total time is 1 minute your exp maxes out at about 39 points.

People (myself included) have worked out the math and it’s not worth the time to prolong your run in order to get higher points. The highest per hour exp you can do is to get your manual/rail/stall as fast as you can, then get about 300,000 points and end the run early. Doing it this way you get about 133 exp in about 45 seconds, or roughly 10,640/hour.

If you extend the run in order to reach the maximum score you wind up getting 225 exp in 2 minutes, or roughly 6750/hour. The run you described (60+25+25+25+60 in 1:40) calculates out to 7020 exp/hour so still significantly less than in the video guide posted.

As you say, it is not worth getting the maximum score in 2 mins. I will modify my map and the macro again and if I achieve good results I will publish both. Thanks for the clarification, I thought I could do 75 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 75 in less than 1 minute.

33 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

was the plat hard, i saw that power guy gave this a 8 out of 10 difficulty 

I can see 8/10. Some of the Gaps and Get-Theres are really challenging and can make you wanna bang your head into the wall. Then on top of that it’s got an insanely long post-game grind to get to level 100.

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

On my example, if you played a lot of Tony Hawk's games 10-20 years ago and know the mechanics it will be about 4-5 max. For me it was 3 and my last THPS was American Wasteland more than 10 years ago. If you have never played any game from this series, that will be 8. The only challenging things are Get Theres (combine specific gaps in a combo) and maybe some gaps. The rest is pretty easy after you learn basic mechanics.

Edited by SaviorKIA

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

No, it wasn't in the end even though people thought it would be. An actual 8/10 would see a lot or most people not being able to do it. This is like Crash Team Racing all over again. People said how insanely hard it was then all of a sudden most people can easily do it who actually put the time into it. That game now has a 10+% plat rate. This game is pretty much just one long grind. The only way it's hard is to get the gaps to register, and that's not a difficulty thing, it's the game being temperamental/buggy. A real 8/10 would be something on the WipeOut level which actually was given an 8. This is a 5 at most. Don't be scared of it

3 hours ago, Riszcky said:

No, it wasn't in the end even though people thought it would be. An actual 8/10 would see a lot or most people not being able to do it. This is like Crash Team Racing all over again. People said how insanely hard it was then all of a sudden most people can easily do it who actually put the time into it. That game now has a 10+% plat rate. This game is pretty much just one long grind. The only way it's hard is to get the gaps to register, and that's not a difficulty thing, it's the game being temperamental/buggy. A real 8/10 would be something on/ the WipeOut level which actually was given an 8. This is a 5 at most. Don't be scared of it

thank you, i did 8/10 plats, might start it up

39 minutes ago, kovy27 said:

Could someone please post an easy to follow step by step guide to using macros (whatever that means)?

https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro

The readme pretty much covers everything, but it's simple, just press touchpad to start and stop recording.

You need to record a full loop, what I do is:

- open up the level (I published "loop_Experience Farm" which is the same level with some walls removed, it works better for me)

- end run, X on result screen, now "restart level" should be highlighted.

- start recording macro

- press X, immediately start spamming up and down on the dpad

- your Skater should immediately go into manual now, manual until 700 points

- press X to jump off and hold X and triangle without changing directions to the lip until 6500 points

- release X to jump off, then press X again to jump and do a special grind on the rail

- keep holding triangle until you are on the floor and the score pops up

- press options, end run, X on results screen, now "restart level" should be highlighted

- stop recording macro

• Like 2

8 hours ago, the_m4jX said:

https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro

The readme pretty much covers everything, but it's simple, just press touchpad to start and stop recording.

You need to record a full loop, what I do is:

- open up the level (I published "loop_Experience Farm" which is the same level with some walls removed, it works better for me)

- end run, X on result screen, now "restart level" should be highlighted.

- start recording macro

- press X, immediately start spamming up and down on the dpad

- your Skater should immediately go into manual now, manual until 700 points

- press X to jump off and hold X and triangle without changing directions to the lip until 6500 points

- release X to jump off, then press X again to jump and do a special grind on the rail

- keep holding triangle until you are on the floor and the score pops up

- press options, end run, X on results screen, now "restart level" should be highlighted

- stop recording macro

Thanks for sharing this and publishing the map. How much XP per hour do you get with your macro file? I calculated 10.390/h with mine, exactly following your method. It covers 127 XP in a 43.6 seconds loop.

3 hours ago, Sojaldo said:

Does anybody have a really optimised macro file they feel like sharing? My one does over 9000xp per hour but I feel like there are 10 seconds per run that could be shaved off due to inconsistencies

Just do exactly what @the_m4jX posted above and you can easily get 1000+ more than that. Just be quick with your inputs in the options screen and keep holding the required inputs a bit earlier and a bit longer to remove inconsistencies.

Edited by proud2bNs

I get that a macro is used to trick remote play and record automatic runs according to the inputs you used in a run.

What I don't get is how to program that macro for remote play.

Yesterday I downloaded remote play on my I-pad (does it even work on I-pad or do I need to use a PC/laptop?) alongside the macro zip file.

I'd like to know what's the next step. Cause when I go and read the info on github, I don't understand $**T.

I'm not very good when it comes to PC terminology and programming.

Thanks.

It needs to be run on a windows PC. You run Remote Play, plug in your controller and open up PS4Macro. Then just press the touchpad to start and stop recording. When you stop recording, the macro should start immediately, you can stop it by pressing the pause or stop button on PS4Macro.

3 hours ago, the_m4jX said:

It needs to be run on a windows PC. You run Remote Play, plug in your controller and open up PS4Macro. Then just press the touchpad to start and stop recording. When you stop recording, the macro should start immediately, you can stop it by pressing the pause or stop button on PS4Macro.

Works fine. Thanks a bunch.

I have to babysit the remote play with macro method because my internet connection is just bad enough to randomly lag enough to mess up the rhythm

If anyone wants my macro file i'll link it here:

https://mega.nz/file/s4kilRCI#bCbavyFDP1zlBH2RGEUOg59tbSEaR0myfuKSCbJMGXE

Do a run, hover over Retry Level and then start the macro

Edited by SUGARTOUCH
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SUGARTOUCH said:

I have to babysit the remote play with macro method because my internet connection is just bad enough to randomly lag enough to mess up the rhythm 

If you start and end the macro in the pause menu, it should correct itself continuously. Additionally, try to press the required buttons earlier and for longer during the recording to take minor timing issues into account.

Furthermore, you could also set up Remote Play to use a lower resolution since it doesn't have to look pretty. I'm currently using 720p and it works like a charm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

If you start and end the macro in the pause menu, it should correct itself continuously. Additionally, try to press the required buttons earlier and for longer during the recording to take minor timing issues into account.

Furthermore, you could also set up Remote Play to use a lower resolution since it doesn't have to look pretty. I'm currently using 720p and it works like a charm.

How do i lower the resolution?

Edit: You have to stop the remote play then reboot and go to settings before starting again. I lowered mine to 360p just to play it safe

Edited by SUGARTOUCH

On 9/23/2020 at 2:05 AM, SUGARTOUCH said:

If anyone wants my macro file i'll link it here:

https://mega.nz/file/s4kilRCI#bCbavyFDP1zlBH2RGEUOg59tbSEaR0myfuKSCbJMGXE

Do a run, hover over Retry Level and then start the macro

Nice, thanks! Care to share which level the macro is being used on?