Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 is Free

KenjiCBZ

7 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

So when I download this episode, I can finally buy episode 5 and play that without actually owning the whole thing? 

If you only need episode 5 to do then yes. I did the same thing with TWD DLC, downloaded the free first chapter, bought the DLC and was able to do it despite not having the game anymore. But if you want to have a platinum you will need to buy all episodes, excluding the first one which is free of course.

Just now, HaserPL said:

If you only need episode 5 to do then yes. I did the same thing with TWD DLC, downloaded the free first chapter, bought the DLC and was able to do it despite not having the game anymore. But if you want to have a platinum you will need to buy all episodes, excluding the first one which is free of course.

Yeah, I should have mention that. I already played the 4 episodes and I couldn't access episode 5, cause the rent version didn't come with a download code so episode 5 is the only thing I need for the platinum. If that's the case, then I can finally get that off my backlog lol. 

3 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Yeah, I should have mention that. I already played the 4 episodes and I couldn't access episode 5, cause the rent version didn't come with a download code so episode 5 is the only thing I need for the platinum. If that's the case, then I can finally get that off my backlog lol. 

You're good to go then. Good luck :).

• 3 months later...

Just stumbled across this in the store and came here to share it, but I guess it’s old news. ?

Can anybody confirm that you’re able to unlock the trophies for playing this episode?

I figure you can since it’s not a demo and is actually the first episode of the series, but just thought I’d check before I fire it up. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Can you earn the trophies for playing this free episode or does this work like a demo? (ie. no trophy support)

you can but u have to start the episode to show trophies list. i started the game for first time, then checked trophy list and there were no trophies, thought was a demo. but i dont found any info's on google about no trophies so i started again this time until "start new game" and trophies showed in the list

• 1 year later...