Glitched trophies warning

a_cat_beat_you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, 

I'm playing this on the latest patch (at least it says no updates available), and while most of the things seem to be unlocking without issues, there are two trophies that should have unlocked by now in my opinion: 

Carving a Path: Get 10'000 REP. 

Get some Gear: Unlock 10 items.

I'm closing in on 40'000 REP yet the trophy for 10k has not popped yet. Same with the items.. I have unlocked way more than 10 things in The Shed, but no trophy. Are there more specific requirements to these two trophies here, or is there any way to get them to pop? I might be misunderstanding how to get them, since everything else has unlocked just fine. 

Thanks for any help!  

Edited by Arcesius

4 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

that's a shame :(. I didn't have any problems on the EU version though, if that can help anyone

I'm playing the EU version though... Did you plan in offline or online mode? And did you get 10k rep in a single session? Or before reaching Forest for the first time? 

It's really unfortunate...

EDIT: Maybe the 1.12 update from December 10th screwed things up.. nobody has earned REP trophies since... 

Edited by Arcesius

Ok I can confirm that the patch 1.12 broke at least the following trophies: 

• Get 10k, 50k and 250k REP.
  • Unlock 10, 25 and 50 items.
  • Complete 10 mini-boss jumps. 

I just reverted the game to version 1.0, did one session with one mini-boss jump and unlocked one item, and the items and mini-boss trophies popped. The downside is that I'm back at 0 REP, so will need to grind that out on this unpatched version... 

EDIT: Ok I just did quickly grind 10k REP and the trophy popped. The only problem now is, that if you quit the game, your REP resets, so I will have to get 250k REP without shutting off the game..

And since I have to play offline, I cannot proceed in the sponsorship. 

It's pretty shit, but at least there is a way to get the trophies without having to hope that they'll patch this. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just picked this up recently and I can confirm that all of the REP, Item and mini boss jump trophies are yet again glitched. I'm well over 100,000 REP and still haven't had a the trophy pop for 10,00 or 50,000. It's a real shame, this game is great and to say they had them fixed and someone have managed to break them again is frustrating for everyone. eEither way I'll still be playing I just hope they fix them again soon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cryax said:

Just picked this up recently and I can confirm that all of the REP, Item and mini boss jump trophies are yet again glitched. I'm well over 100,000 REP and still haven't had a the trophy pop for 10,00 or 50,000. It's a real shame, this game is great and to say they had them fixed and someone have managed to break them again is frustrating for everyone. eEither way I'll still be playing I just hope they fix them again soon.

Its unfortunate that both "big" upgrades so far have both broken the same trophies... I mentioned it to them on discord, though I'm not sure they have noticed it. The discord is quite active right now, with most players coming from Steam or Xbox also reporting issues, so buggy trophies might not be their biggest concern right now. 

Last time, after patch 1.12, it took them a couple of weeks to release 1.14 which fixed the trophies... However, what you can do is revert your copy of the game to version 1.00 and simply grind out those trophies. The only issue is that REP does not save when you are offline, so you would need to grind out 250k REP without switching off your console (which doesn't take too long if you know what you are doing). I did it this way and worked fine. 

So, the platinum is still achievable, it just requires a detour right now. Hopefully this will be adressed soon though. 

• Like 1

Well, I've been hit with a bugged trophy-related issue myself now. 

Yesterday, I went for the hardest mission in the game, "Ridge over Troubled Waters". It's one of the missions from the RageSquid Pro Tour, where you need to unlock the Bonus World Ridges in Career+. I did so, even completed Ridges by successfully landing the Boss Jump, and have a replay where at the end of the run, the mentioned mission is marked as complete. 

I fired up the game today and... yep, the mission is incomplete again. 

Trash. Just trash. Especially since this is not just a "grindy" requirement but one that really requires some effort. 

EDIT: Well, ever since the above happened, my game is bugged. I cannot get any more missions to unlock. I tried a couple of easy ones I have left and nothing. I'm also not the first one to report this issue, so we'll see what can be done and if - once a fix is live - I need to do this one again... I hope not. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Has the bugged DLC trophy been fixed? I ask, because someone has apparently earned it recently.

The DLC trophy itself was never directly bugged. But one of the requirements for earning the first DLC trophy is unlocking 50 items, which is a base-game trophy (Quite a Collection). And THAT one is bugged. Thus, if you haven't earned that trophy yet, then the DLC trophy won't unlock either. If you have, then the DLC trophy will pop fine as well. 

As far as I know, the 7 base game trophies are still bugged, and I'm still following the bug reports on Discord. So far, no news about any fixes coming soon. 

The DLC, however, has a save-glitch that can occur. It's outlined in my DLC Trophy Guide, and can be circumvented by keeping a non-glitched save as a back-up.  

Edited by Arcesius

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

The DLC trophy itself was never directly bugged. But one of the requirements for earning the first DLC trophy is unlocking 50 items, which is a base-game trophy (Quite a Collection). And THAT one is bugged. Thus, if you haven't earned that trophy yet, then the DLC trophy won't unlock either. If you have, then the DLC trophy will pop fine as well. 

As far as I know, the 7 base game trophies are still bugged, and I'm still following the bug reports on Discord. So far, no news about any fixes coming soon. 

The DLC, however, has a save-glitch that can occur. It's outlined in my DLC Trophy Guide, and can be circumvented by keeping a non-glitched save as a back-up.  

In that case, I stand corrected :). Thank you for clearing this up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/01/2021 at 3:31 PM, Arcesius said:

Ok I can confirm that the patch 1.12 broke at least the following trophies: 

• Get 10k, 50k and 250k REP.
  • Unlock 10, 25 and 50 items.
  • Complete 10 mini-boss jumps. 

I just reverted the game to version 1.0, did one session with one mini-boss jump and unlocked one item, and the items and mini-boss trophies popped. The downside is that I'm back at 0 REP, so will need to grind that out on this unpatched version... 

EDIT: Ok I just did quickly grind 10k REP and the trophy popped. The only problem now is, that if you quit the game, your REP resets, so I will have to get 250k REP without shutting off the game..

And since I have to play offline, I cannot proceed in the sponsorship. 

It's pretty shit, but at least there is a way to get the trophies without having to hope that they'll patch this. 

How do you revert to a previous version?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw someone on another topic mention the same, and looking at trophy earners of these unobtainable, seems like it's finally back on track. Will need to get on with it pretty soon then, seems like a lot of fun. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...