Mein Leben Burnout

Looking for recommendations to help with burnout. Been at it for 3 weeks now and I am consistently getting past the courthouse, but haven’t been able to make it past New Orleans. It’s exhausting and just looking for any pointers to help my push my way to Platinum. 

I typically always die at the end. No matter how cautious I am in the hotel, there is always some random event that is destined to end my run. Don’t have the same issues on the IADI practice runs. I feel that if I am able to get past that area, I won’t have much opposition until the last level. Issue I’m having is the burnout/frustration towards always failing my multi-daily runs. I don’t want to give up, trying to make this my 100th platinum. 

• Like 1

Nah, don't give up, keep on trying and it will pop for you, try to do only 2~3 runs per day, and make a break between runs, don't let the frustation win

You mean the hotel you go right after you leave the sewer area, right? Just camp on the door, give a couple of random shots and all enemies will rush down the stairs to get you, just keep an eye on the corner to your left, sometimes a enemy show up there, after they're done go up the stair and the next wave will spawn, just run back to the door and do the same thing, when you go to the 3rd floor another wave will spawn, if you have the battle walker, you can cheese their spawn in the second floor on a room where the roof is broken, just double tap x there and run back to the door once again, then just make your way to the rooftop, there will always be 3 enemies on the rooftop, don't rush it and you can kill them pretty easily, the main thing you need to watch our for is the dog, there's always a dog roaming around in the hotel, and there's also a chance that a second dog will spawn, and they don't run towards the door, watch out for them

• Like 1

Personally, I took a 2 week break. Now, it wasn't by choice as I had to go out of town but it helped me out to refocus. I did watch different videos on how people tackled it. For the hotel, I say you kill first guy outside the door and it'll automatically lure everyone else outside. I believe its 7 + the commander. Then prepare your shotguns and go to 2nd floor. If I remember correctly, there's 3 + a dog. From there on, 2 on the next 2 floors I believe until you reach the floor for the submarine. Always let them come to you, if you have to backtrack for armor or health, do it. It's always better to spend a few mins backtracking for them than losing hours of a good run. 

• Like 1

A break may help. I know that for me personally, when I died on a section enough, even one I previously thought was an easy clear, I could get it in my head that I just can't do it, and then it becomes somewhat self-fulfilling.

The hotel bit should usually be predictable though. I think the same enemies are always at each section, and also they only "spawn" as you approach each point. The second set of stairs is normally where the commander, a dog and various other people rush down to meet you, so I always fire shotguns wildly up there and then step back a bit to see what comes rushing back down to me (usually the dog). Then there's a second dog near the top (just after the guy who always tries to throw a grenade down the stairs, I think) - again I would hang back and wait for him to come to you.

Have another run through or 2 on IADI and see if you can spot the pattern of enemies and points where you trigger the next batch. Not to say it always goes entirely as you'd expect but I think usually they're quite scripted at that bit.

Lastly, don't give up! You can do it, even if you just need a short break to recharge :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/9/2020 at 4:49 PM, DdMac679 said:

Looking for recommendations to help with burnout. Been at it for 3 weeks now and I am consistently getting past the courthouse, but haven’t been able to make it past New Orleans. It’s exhausting and just looking for any pointers to help my push my way to Platinum. 

Edited by DonBrandon98

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 7:25 AM, DdMac679 said:

Well I finally broke through that NO roadblock last night and finally transitioned into Venus. I’ve been cutting down the number of runs each day and taking breaks in between. Advice has been helpful. Thanks! 

I see that you got it on October 8th, so congrats on the plat!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1