Preorder charged yet question

NOWITSREYNTIME17

I was able to preorder a PS5 and Spiderman Miles Morales and Sackboy. In the email they sent, they said we would be charged of course but I didnt get a charge but still got a confirmation email. Just wanted to know if everyone that preordered got charged yet or not(the pending charge) and if they think I'm all good with it

Edited by DaivRules

2 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I was able to preorder a PS5 and Spiderman Miles Morales and Sackboy. In the email they sent, they said we would be charged of course but I didnt get a charge but still got a confirmation email. Just wanted to know if everyone that preordered got charged yet or not(the pending charge) and if they think I'm all good with it

Where did you order from?

11 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

You won't be charged until the order is ready to ship so just keep the money on hand until the 12th

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If it was from the official sony website, they do pre-authorization charges when you pre-order on there.

I was having trouble with my card details and it charged me like 8 times back and forth with charge and then refund. I only ask because i got an even amount of those(charge and refunds on my account), which means I havent gotten an actual pre-reg charge but I got the confirmation emails

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If it was from the official sony website, they do pre-authorization charges when you pre-order on there.

They don't do them immediately. They still haven't charged my card yet either

1 minute ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I was having trouble with my card details and it charged me like 8 times back and forth with charge and then refund. I only ask because i got an even amount of those(charge and refunds on my account), which means I havent gotten an actual pre-reg charge but I got the confirmation emails

If your payment information was wrong they would have never taken it before you completed the sale. 

Just now, majob said:

They don't do them immediately. They still haven't charged my card yet either

If your payment information was wrong they would have never taken it before you completed the sale. 

Sorry, my info wasn't wrong, it just gave me an error thats what I meant. They must have charged then got an error and refunded me. I got a security notice from my bank for suspicious activity but before i confirmed it was me, I tried again on the preorder and my order went through. Got the confirmation email but no actual charge on my account, just the error charges and refunds.

Just now, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Sorry, my info wasn't wrong, it just gave me an error thats what I meant. They must have charged then got an error and refunded me. I got a security notice from my bank for suspicious activity but before i confirmed it was me, I tried again on the preorder and my order went through. Got the confirmation email but no actual charge on my account, just the error charges and refunds.

I'd probably contact Sony just to be sure but if they haven't asked you to update your payment information I'd say you're fine.

I should read the big, bold fine print better.

In order to validate your payment method and reserve the item(s) in your cart we will pre-authorize your credit card for the Estimated Total listed above now. Pre-authorization is not a charge, it is a temporary hold against your credit limit (lasting approx. 1-8 days). We will not charge your credit card until shortly before your item(s) ships.

That still doesn't say why I got another pre-invite email and why it let me order another PS5.

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

It works up to checkout and the whole charging/reversal thing but doesn't complete the order with an order#. I should stop clicking order before my bank calls me

yeah I figure they'd have a safeguard in place for people whom have already bought one since they stated it would be one per customer. Took the time to pick up a charging station though since I forgot to pick it up the first time

25 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

It works up to checkout and the whole charging/reversal thing but doesn't complete the order with an order#. I should stop clicking order before my bank calls me

so it didn't give you a email confirmation? Yeah, the way Sony has been handling this has just been so chaotic

99% of shops won't charge untill it is shipped.

I ordered mine from game. Had 5 items in 1 order and they tried charging me for 5 seperate next day delivery charges. i quizzed em on it and they didn't even answer, danced around the question, so I cancelled the extra controller and charging dock and bought em off amazon via prime.

1 minute ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

99% of shops won't charge untill it is shipped.

I ordered mine from game. Had 5 items in 1 order and they tried charging me for 5 seperate next day delivery charges. i quizzed em on it and they didn't even answer, danced around the question, so I cancelled the extra controller and charging dock and bought em off amazon via prime.

it's just that when ordering though Sony's website, they charge you and then refund immediately which is very odd