Big spoiler: All areas and how to get there

monteblommie

After playing a lot and researching a bunch i think i have mapped out almost the entire game.

warning, heavy spoilers

Spelunky 2  progress path

Spoiler

Mines (collect the eye by getting the gold key to the chest)

CHOOSE

Jungle (left on mines 1-4)  use eye to find market entrance                                                                                                     
Black market    (get hat)     

OR

Lava land (Right on mines 1-4) use the eye on the drill
 vlads hideout (get royal crown)            

BOTH LEAD TO

Olmec (get ankh by killing him all the way down in the lava and entering the holes)

CHOOSE

Tidal caves                                                        
(take sword, go into rooms looking                            
for tunnel down,                                                         
die in lava trap by getting the idol with ankh             
then go to where the lava was)                              
ABZU(kill turtle with excalibur get tablet)                                

OR

Temple (kill anubis for scepter, open gold door)
City of gold (drop self on altar with ankh)
DUAT (kill anubis 2 and osiris get tablet)

BOTH LEAD TO

Ice caves (optional maoi head that needs an eggplant (sacrifice a present for it)reason unknown but unlocks trophy)

Purple temple (get the correct urn to the next floor as described by the tablet gotten for killing turtle or osiris, can be checked by pressing the home button and checking items

Tiamat mermaid boss (use mount from correct urn to defeat boss and then fly to the top of level)

Sunken city (defeat hundun) 

HARD END COMPLETE

shoot hunduns eye after defeating him  with a bow and the sun arrow which can be gotten by doing the star, moon and sun challenges, to get the bow to sunken city where the sun challenge is you have to find the walrus that can transport items from one level to another, he resides in secret caves and always in a room in the sunken city.

Cosmic canyon (final area in the game)

The last area in the game can be gotten by doing the eggplant path. get an eggplant by sacrificing a present, get the eggplant to the ice caves use it on the altar to get a eggplant child, in the ice caves find the walrus that transports items to deeper floors, he is behind a different looking tile, bomb it.
at sunken city 7-1 find the walrus grab the eggplant child and drop him on the stone statue of a cradling woman to unlock

EGGPLANT WORLD

I have not yet found the method for finding the alien compass for the mothership but it is always all the way down the ice caves

Notable optional area, tusks club access (win dicerolls from tusk to get VIP) 

Edited by monteblommie
All areas have been found now
  • Like 3

Spoiler

Mothership is not a separate area, it's a sub area in the ice cave. There's an alien compass that guides you to the entrance but I've never found it, I found the entrance by pure luck. It's always at the far bottom of ice caves, you can't even see it because it's one tile below the bottom of the screen. The entrance is either 5-6 tiles from the left wall, 5-6 tils from the right one, or in the center of the room. 

Plus there is a trick to go to Abzu without loosibg the ankh ! 

And you don't need to kill Tiamat to access sunken city, you can just go pass her. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PanBeskosty said:

I got 4 rolls on madame (4 items, 5 money prizes) and nothing happend. =(

Im using second shortcut. 

That's strange, could the shortcut be blocking it?

i'll experiment more with it.

3 hours ago, rouanet said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mothership is not a separate area, it's a sub area in the ice cave. There's an alien compass that guides you to the entrance but I've never found it, I found the entrance by pure luck. It's always at the far bottom of ice caves, you can't even see it because it's one tile below the bottom of the screen. The entrance is either 5-6 tiles from the left wall, 5-6 tils from the right one, or in the center of the room. 

Plus there is a trick to go to Abzu without loosibg the ankh ! 

And you don't need to kill Tiamat to access sunken city, you can just go pass her. 

Could you share the abzu without ankh technique?

Edited by monteblommie

2 hours ago, PanBeskosty said:

I got 4 rolls on madame (4 items, 5 money prizes) and nothing happend. =(

Im using second shortcut. 

You need 5 item prizes not 4

2 hours ago, monteblommie said:

That's strange, could the shortcut be blocking it?

i'll experiment more with it.

Could you share the abzu without ankh technique?

If you have a jetpack / hoverpack / vlad cape you can hide on a rope in the corner and not get melted. The rope will but the top bit of it stays. It's a little luck dependent though as the layout can still get you killed. One example is if there is a building next to the corner the roof will deflect the lava at you.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

You need 5 item prizes not 4

If you have a jetpack / hoverpack / vlad cape you can hide on a rope in the corner and not get melted. The rope will but the top bit of it stays. It's a little luck dependent though as the layout can still get you killed. One example is if there is a building next to the corner the roof will deflect the lava at you.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, PanBeskosty said:

Wel... So i got 5x times monye, 4x times item :D 

Any tips how roll dice? I just take it, and throw it to wall... But sometimes dice hit me... LOL

pick up the dice, look at the lasers, small jump, throw down towards laser, the laser bounce removes the momentum so the dice can't damage you.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/01/2021 at 2:55 PM, DavySuicide said:

thanks for sharing this man, can someone who did the platinum tell me how long it might take in general? It looks really cool but there isn't much to be found on the internet. 

Played this thing for two months and took me around 200 hours. I'm pretty sure, more skilled players can pull it off faster. I struggled a lot with this one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

thx for the information man 200 hours is a lot!! but it looks really dope =) 

Ye, it's really addictive. Trophies are not even grindy, it's just that the game requires from you to get better and better. There are so many things that can kill you and end a great run. Stacking many health hearts is really easy, but then you got traps and some enemies that can instantly kill you if you make little mistake. ?

Edited by MeltedDreams1