Twiton

Trophy Guide Input

12 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm working on the Trophy Guide for this game!
I'd like some help from any players that have played it, especially as the game is currently getting reworked so I'd like the guide to be as accurate as possible right now until it needs updating. HMU with any info about the Trophies that you know, such as things that don't count to progress or tips I can add.

I have read that for You Cannot Pass (Use Gandalf 100 times to defeat a Boss), you have to kill the boss with an attack, NOT the 3 damage option you get from playing Gandalf.

Also, Pacifist is very easy to get from one of the tutorials, and very hard otherwise (as far as I could tell).

On 9/22/2020 at 6:47 PM, RNumbers said:

I have read that for You Cannot Pass (Use Gandalf 100 times to defeat a Boss), you have to kill the boss with an attack, NOT the 3 damage option you get from playing Gandalf.

Also, Pacifist is very easy to get from one of the tutorials, and very hard otherwise (as far as I could tell).

Thanks, I'll be sure to make it known that it's confirmed that doesn't count towards progress. The guide is still in the unpublished draft phase, so I'm open to all input 👍

The Guide is almost ready, once it's up I'll be able to update it with any new information.

On 01/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, Twiton said:

The Guide is almost ready, once it's up I'll be able to update it with any new information.

Any news on the guide?

Is there a chance this game, through updates, will be 100% offline?

On 10/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, talespagni said:

Any news on the guide?

Is there a chance this game, through updates, will be 100% offline?

I'm currently having to resolve some formatting issues with the guide, to make it more suitable to PSNProfile Standards.

And yes, this game will have Offline Single Player by the end of November at the absolute latest (Antihero Studios is sorting out platform approval for the update that's coming to PC this Friday.) Meaning, all Trophies will be achievable even after the Co-op servers go down.

BTW, you can find out info about this game on the ACG Discord, https://discord.gg/dBFXwcp, or the Subreddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/lotrACG/.

Edited by Twiton

Based on the upcoming update in November, a lot of content in the guide will need to be updated (Adventure Mode and Offline Support)

On 2020. 10. 27. at 2:16 AM, Twiton said:

Based on the upcoming update in November, a lot of content in the guide will need to be updated (Adventure Mode and Offline Support)

Game is on sale! Any news?

On 11/30/2020 at 2:02 AM, sXe_SiC_ said:

The last update I could find on Steam is from 15-Oct and states:

Release Note 1: Console Parity

The new update will be live on Steam tomorrow but will not be submitted to consoles for approval until 10/23. Therefore, until the console versions are approved by their individual platforms and released, cross-play between Steam players and console players will be unavailable until parity is restored (TBD early November).

Best case scenario, it's just taking longer than expected to certify on console; worst case they decided the return on investment just wasn't there and will focus purely on PC. The further we get from "early November" the more likely it is that the worst case scenario has come to pass.

EDIT: Just found a more recent Tweet: "The new @lotracg content has been released from Antihero to consoles for approval! A step closer for you console players to get version 1.5 which includes new UI, single player offline capability, and Adventure Mode!" So it sounds like console submission was delayed by a couple of weeks. Guess it's too early to be pessimistic just yet.

Edited by RNumbers

On 11/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, sXe_SiC_ said:

Sorry for a late response! The PS5/XBS release has caused last gen updates to receive lower update approval priority for those platforms. That, in combination with the update gap, has caused the review that was sent on November 5th to still be in approval from either/both Sony and Microsoft. The Devs at Antihero wish for the update to be rolled out on all console platforms together, so until that is resolved it's still in waiting. Once the update rolls out, there will be several QoL improvements for console players looking to earn the Platinum.
-New Multi Location Quest, Fords of Isen
-New Cards that make No Ally quests far easier
-Offline Mode support
-Co-op fixes that take into account the platform specific issues (Quests with multiple choices no longer lock your controls)
-New MoG content, to allow quicker Quest grinding and more fun random Bosses

The Trophy Guide itself will need updating, which I will do after the update rolls out. I'd advise picking the game up right now, while it's at the lowest price in release history! Also, I'll be sure to drop a huge thread/post when the update rolls out.

3 hours ago, RNumbers said:

The last update I could find on Steam is from 15-Oct and states:

Release Note 1: Console Parity

The new update will be live on Steam tomorrow but will not be submitted to consoles for approval until 10/23. Therefore, until the console versions are approved by their individual platforms and released, cross-play between Steam players and console players will be unavailable until parity is restored (TBD early November).

Best case scenario, it's just taking longer than expected to certify on console; worst case they decided the return on investment just wasn't there and will focus purely on PC. The further we get from "early November" the more likely it is that the worst case scenario has come to pass.

EDIT: Just found a more recent Tweet: "The new @lotracg content has been released from Antihero to consoles for approval! A step closer for you console players to get version 1.5 which includes new UI, single player offline capability, and Adventure Mode!" So it sounds like console submission was delayed by a couple of weeks. Guess it's too early to be pessimistic just yet.

For some Behind the Scenes as to why this Review for the update was sent later to Consoles:
Adventure 1 and 1.5 had several bugs and issues that were revealed on a Day Zero Beta Test, right before public release. These were deemed "Below Standards" and the mode was shelved for a week+ while 1.5 was rolled out on PC. They also delayed the Console Build until they had a fully working Adventure Mode and 1.5 to put into it, with several fixes, since they new the ETA on approval would be long. If 1.5 was put on consoles on October  23, it would have been a bad experience and multiple patches would need to be approved for the platform. Since the 5th of November, the Review Sending Date, the Devs have held off on any further PC updates until the other Platforms get 1.5, while working on the next content Adventure 2/Campaign 4.
The Devs have been transparent about this on their Discord, but they're limited in what social media stuff they can do on Steam (due to Asmodee needing to approve all news updates and the store page pending a full rework)
I hope this covers a lot of what you wanted to know. Having played 1.5 on PC, it's a fantastic improvement of the game. I'm hoping it gets approved soon, might resort to sending some DMs to find out why Sony/Microsoft are slacking :P

Sounds good. Way better to do one big update that works than to break a bunch of things and have to patch and re-patch. I don't mind the wait as long as it pays off in the end. :)