Terrible Performance

Nima021King

23 minutes ago, Nima021King said:

*Note:What you're about to read is my own experience,It may be different for you or someone else*

I've played this game on both PS4 Pro and Phat and it had probably the worst performance I've ever seen among any PS4 titles in all these years.

First of all lets just get this outta the way that if you got a phat PS4, Don't even think about touching this game. This game was not designed to be played on a phat PS4 and I think you should just avoid it if you got one.

The performance on Pro was better but still, The frame drops especially in combat when there are a lot of people around you is just pure cancer. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.

Seems that you are not the only one with problems. I read that on Xbox One it's almost unplayable. 

The Ps4 original never was "phat"...its not even bigger or heavier than Pro unlike Ps3 phat.

But yeah idk why they choose to push a Crysis remaster. Even on PC it takes a great PC to even able to run it smoothly, and here we got a outdated piece of hardware (compare to PC that is). 

I heared about a lot of problems with pro consoles. I haven't encountered big problems with my regular ps4 tho. Game is running on pretty stable 30 fps except for some encounters, which are notorious in this game (school in level 2 etc.) Definitely not the great remaster experience a lot of people expected but overall a noticable improvement over the last gen console version.

this game was badly optimised to hell at every stage of it's life. all 16 years of it and further if you count it's predecessor, crytek do have some of the most talented people in the industry but far cry was an experiement and crysis wasn't much more then that. I figured it'd be best to wait for ps5 might get 40-50 frames there. but people with 7 grand pcs stick it on max and they instantly crash to desktop. I imagine it's some sort of quick fix pandemic cash payout to help fund future games.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

Just look that. Even on XOX the game is evidently broken; that, or the expectations from Crytek to create an unnecessary monster gave to fruition. I understand their desire to design a game that push until the limits the platform that it's aim, but this? This laughable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, westersburg said:

I heared about a lot of problems with pro consoles. I haven't encountered big problems with my regular ps4 tho. Game is running on pretty stable 30 fps except for some encounters, which are notorious in this game (school in level 2 etc.) Definitely not the great remaster experience a lot of people expected but overall a noticable improvement over the last gen console version.

This is what I'm worried about when I have to play PS4 games on PS5. It is believed that PS4 games will run through an emulated software on PS5, but it isn't proven... yet.

Now on topic. I guess it has been notoriously known that some third-party games may have a bad performance day one. It can be either having glitchy trophies or downright unplayable. And the most recent example is the new Marvel's Avengers. 

• Like 1

I recommend the Performance (1080p) mode, even if you're using a PS4 Pro. I don't bother with Ray Tracing, knowing that even Nvidia RTX owners sacrifice some FPS to use it. For me it's running pretty good. I would hope that PS5 simply runs PS4 games without emulation, since they're both X86 platforms.

IINM the Ascension level is gone, just as it is in PS3 and X360's version. Not even PC has it. Shame, because I like that mission. If you're bothered by Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM (which in some PC games has caused a performance hit), then YSK it's in the PC version.

I would hope Crytek and Saber add modes for PS5, maybe some hardware based ray tracing (the RT you get on PS4 is in software) and better performance with Quality (1800p).

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:
I understand their desire to design a game that push until the limits the platform that it's aim, but this? This laughable.

There's a difference between pushing the hardware to its limits, and straight up obliterating those limits. This really seems like it should've been a sole PS5/Xbox Series X remaster, as it would've given them an extra couple months of debug development time, or more time for anything really. Ultimately this not only hurts the Crysis brand (even if only slightly), but also deflates interest in people paying money for this, or possibly upgrading. It also can deflate interest in the new consoles, as if people who are currently undecided on upgrading may look at this and see just how underpowered the consoles are and need further convincing of the new hardware's capabilities (while I'm sure the opposite reaction can happen too, as in "My PS4 is so underpowered, I NEED to upgrade). Just some possibility thoughts

• Like 1

I don't get the hate TBH. 

Look at Ubisoft and their Far Cry 3 Remaster. They charged 30$€ for that as well but it's locked at 30 FPS and has no HDR support and is on the same graphical level (although Far Cry 3 is from 2011 and this game from 2007) with a similar setting. 

Crysis Remastered has HDR support and unlocked Framerate on the PS4 Pro (50-60 FPS). 

And the world is less static than far cry 3.

So many objects with physics in this game. So ofcourse it's very demanding hardware wise. 

Playing this in 60 FPS with HDR support on a console is great for me and worth the money. 

I hope they bring an even better version for PS5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Anyone else have problems with frequent crashing in the last two missions? I did. But anyway, I enjoyed seeing PS4 run Crysis. I'll be interested to see if they make a PS5 upgrade for CR. For now, let's hope CR gets some stability fixes.

Having the same problem.

14 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I don't understand why they didn't wait for next gen. This would have been the perfect game to show PS5 or Series X power. Wonder how it will run on PS5 anyways.

Same reason why Sony releases all the PS5 "exclusives" for PS4 as well. More potential customers. 

2 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Anyone else have problems with frequent crashing in the last two missions? I did. But anyway, I enjoyed seeing PS4 run Crysis. I'll be interested to see if they make a PS5 upgrade for CR. For now, let's hope CR gets some stability fixes.

My game only crashed once randomly in a mission. After the bossfight vs the general when you enter the elevator to escape the mines. 

I did however experience some crashes and console freezes after switching around between quality and performance mode ingame on the fly. 

It would have been better if they forced a mission reload when switching between these to avoid crashes, just like they did with the Raytracing mode. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

I'd rather have Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 remastered WITHOUT THE ONLINE TROPHIES.

Crysis was in fact one of the first PC games to really go all out on specs. Even high end PCs back in 2007 - 2008 had difficulty running the game. I for one, don't care about specs, as long as the game is enjoyable and runs fine that's all I care about.

• Like 2