Random Trophies Help

Vwt277227

Hello all! There aren't very many guides out there for Wasteland 3 so far, and I thought it might be a good idea to have a place where we can talk about trophies we are struggling with or trophies we've gotten that others might be struggling with. If this seems like a bad idea, we can feel free to get rid of this thread, but until there's a complete guide, this might be helpful.

I'm working on an amateur walkthrough for the lore books, tapes, and vehicle upgrades using some sources around the web.

Tricked Out

Back in the Sack

• Sleep with everyone upstairs in Little Vegas (all with the same playable character).
    • Spoiler

Also including the goat

• Then, go outside and have one of your characters pee on a pile of snowballs (the one I used was to the right when you are facing Little Vegas [by all the dogs]). 
    • Throw yellow snowballs at the character who slept with everyone in Little Vegas until the trophy pops. There's a specific ailment that counts as an STD, but I can't remember which one it is.

November Reign

• This is a playthrough spanning trophy with only a few key things to keep in mind.
    • You need to make sure you are loved by both The Marshals and The Hundred Families
      • After you reach the "loved" ranking, speak with Daisy (for the Marshals) and Reyes (for the Hundred Families) about the transition of power and if they will support you.
        • Reyes might say something about how he doesn't see a peaceful transition happening, but as long as you remained loved by the Hundred Families, they will still support you in the end
      • Do not do anything to upset either of those factions (even if you disagree on a moral level) if you are going for this trophy
    • You need to side with the Gippers so they continue to send Oil to Colorado Springs
      • This means you have to
        Spoiler

put the Reagan AI into Valor.

I didn't complete any of the other quests they asked me to do, so I can confirm this is all you have to do for them.

• You also have to side with

Spoiler

Angela Death

• I cannot confirm this one for sure, it's just what I did, and it makes sense because

Spoiler

she also wants to take down the Patriarch.

I think it's safest to stick with her until the very end.

• At the end, you need to decide to stay in Colorado. I chose the option that is along the lines of "We're going to take Colorado for everything it's worth" but I can't confirm that's what you have to say. If you want to be safe, go with that one cause I know it works.

• During my playthrough (not in order):

•  

Spoiler

• I killed Victory

• Killed Nelius Dorsey

• Saved all the hostages in Aspen (Probably matters because it affects your standing with the Hundred Families)

• Let the kids in the Garden of the gods live (again, probably matters)

• Let the marshals arrest most of the people I captured

• Especially Faron Brygo (If you don't side with them on either capturing him or killing him, the Marshals will hate you)

• Arrested Mama Cotter (matters for Hundred Families and to get Reyes in your base)

• Killed the synth hunters

• Killed the slavers

• Pit the gangs against each other in Yuma 

• Killed the Godfishers at their shrine and found the clown's body. Then showed that to the Payasos

• Found Dee Sharp and helped her regain control 

• (There's a locked terminal to the left at the start of the scar collector's area that you can hack to get to her super easily)

• Arrested Liberty (with 10 Hard-Ass check)

• Saved the Bizarre

• Both against the Payasos and the Cartel

Edited by Vwt277227

23 hours ago, Vwt277227 said:

Does anyone have any info on tapes or lore books collections?

Especially these:

Unknown

• These could be anywhere with obscure unlock conditions

• Lore Book: Care Repair and Prepare

• Tape: Dorsey Orders

• Tape: A Proposal 

• Tape: Dee Sharp Sings 

• Tape: Russian Singalong 

• Tape: Kidnappers in Trouble

Edited by Vwt277227

I mainly made this for myself to use during my last playthrough, but I thought it might be useful for others too. Since I don't know where everything is, I'll be making a TON of save files as I move through the game to make it easier to backtrack when we figure out where things are. 

Here are the sources I used:

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Wasteland_3_cassette_tapes

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Wasteland_3_lore_and_skill_books

https://www.trueachievements.com/a307638/tricked-out-achievement

Spoiler

Unknown

• These could be anywhere with obscure unlock conditions

• Lore Book: Care Repair and Prepare

• Tape: Dorsey Orders 

• Tape: A Proposal 

• Tape: Dee Sharp Sings 

• Tape: Russian Singalong 

• Tape: Kidnappers in Trouble

Ambush Site

• Pre-reqs

• Leadership 2

• Optional: Hard-Ass 2

• Optional: Lockpick 2

• Save Jodie Bell (Hard-Ass 2) [Just cause it’s nice]

• Tape: Good Luck (Near Jodie Bell)

• Lore Book: Orders from Ranger Command (Major Vera Prasad gives you this when she dies)

Ranger HQ: First Visit

• Cutscene

• Demand Justice for Dorsey that was captured (Important for later lore book)

• Lore Book: Old Journal (In locked desk in War Room) [Lockpick 2 Required, but you can get this later too]

• Lore Book: Slaver’s Note (Med Bay on a corpse) [Must do this before recruiting doc]

• Tape: Soldier’s Note (Barracks) [May not appear until later, but keep an eye out]

• Tape: The Automated Chauffeur (In a locked cabinet in the garage) [Lockpicking 2 required, but can get this later]

Downtown Colorado Springs

• Lore Book: Dorsey Prisoner’s Note (Magistrate Silas Watkins as long as you demanded justice during the cutscene)

• Tape: An Interrogation (Locked inside a room in the Marshal’s Station) [Unknown Lockpicking level, but available pretty much any time, just don’t piss off the Marshals too much]

• Tape: New Tour Intro Version 1 (In Museum office) [Unknown Lockpicking and Mechanics skills needed, but available pretty much any time]

• Vendor: Jimmie Longhaul (Unknown when he has these, but apparently he has each of them at some point throughout the game, so check after each major quest)

• Defender Chassis

• Deliverer Chassis

• Light Vehicle Plating

• Rhino Cannon

• Garden of the Gods

• Lore Book: The Gospel of Nick (No not that Nick…) (Off to the left of the main road in a snow pile)

• Tape: Bellamy Test… (near where Bellamy was hiding)

• Unsure if you need to kill or spare the Hundred Families kids, but if going for other trophies (like November Reigns) keep them alive

• Sans Luxe Apartments

• Lore Book: Clown’s Guide to Paint… (Inside locked apartment) [Lockpicking 5 required]

• Tape: Evidence! (In container in Ms. Wong’s room right by the entrance to the complex)

• Little Vegas

• Tape: Joker’s Wild (Junk pile in Joker’s room)

• Tape: Workout Tape (Locker in King’s Room)

• Kill Faron Brygo (After Machine Shop)

• Tape: Brygo Radio Call (Loot)

• Tape: Gangsters Guide to Diction (Locker in back room)

• Machine Shop

• Tape: Private Do Not Play (MacTavish’s Locker)

Broadmoor Heights

• Lore Book: Gospel of Nicholas (Inside church on lectern)

• Tape: Purcellville Wesson Recording (Wesson Estate in safe) [Lockpicking 6]

• Tape: Robots and Rangers for Real (Buried in snow northeast of Patriarch statue)

• Survivalist Bunker (Later in the game)

• Lore Book: Letter from Aunt Ellen (Upstairs near cyborg chicken)

• Lore Book: Official Looking Letter (in makeshift hospital, looted from guard)

• Lore Book: Bunker Pamphlet (Flooded area with Frogs on crate)

Hoon Homestead

• Pre-req

• Choose to save Hoon Family

• Tape: Recording from Alistair Hoon (In container inside house)

• Lore Book: Survivalist Bunker (On corpse inside bunker)

Arapaho Caravan

• Tape: Stroke Back Pirate Radio (in underground bunker in right building)

Bizarre

• Exterior

• Tape: Bizarre Under Assault (In container near entrance to Bizarre)

• Tape: Quotes of Manners (In container near hopeful’s building)

• Tape: Children of the Cabbage (In greenhouse)

• Lore Book: Farmer’s Diary (Corpse in Greenhouse)

• Lore Book: Payaso Letter (Toy Workshop inside locked room) [Lockpicking 5]

• Interior

• Tape: Noodles Ad (Small chest near kitchen)

• Tape: Quartex Tape (Inside museum in container)

• Warrens

• Lore Book: Jab Jab’s Joke Book (Prison Block inside locker) [Lockpick 5]

• Tape: Original Inhabitants (Container south of Prison Block by worms)

• Tape: Payaso Mission (In container under eastern wall of Prison Block)

• Lore Book: Ditso’s Letter (Chapel on Ditso Gogo’s Corpse)

Monster Army Bunker

• Lore Book: Sensuous Toaster (In lobby, fix the toaster) [Toaster Repair 5]

• Lore Book: Monster Army Note (Locked container behind west door) [Lockpick 7]

• Tape: Wolf’s Mask (Container north of control room)

• Alloy Vehicle Plating (somewhere in there?)

Clown Museum

• Lore Book: Stoll’s Burden (Frozen Corpse in the yard)

• Payaso Turret (Boss fight with the truck)

Union Station

• Tape: Reagan Vehicle Development (In locker on the way to Morningstar)

• Tape: You won’t believe your Eyes (Radio Beacon in junk pile next to computer)

Denver Ruins

• Pre-req

• Make sure to do side-quests for Gippers so you can encounter their vendor in Colorado before you piss them off by saving Val

• Vendor: Sister Reckoning (in Colorado)

• Electromagnetic Countermeasures

• Lore Book: Godfisher Holy Book (East Ruins loot on corpse of Flensing-Ice)

• Tape: A New Well (In container in room under statue of Reagan, with computer?)

• Tape: Book of Bonzo (White House in container next to beds)

• Tape: SysAdmin Login (White House behind locked door) [Lockpick ?]

• Tape: Reliance Manifesto (Server Room next to Val)

• Tape: Mourning the Music (Blast Crater in frozen container)

• Tape: What Comes After (Western Ruins)

• Tape: What Came Before (East Ruins)

• Vendor: Human Outreach Mobile Giftshop (After visiting Machine Commune)

• Impact Vehicle Plating

• Machine Commune

• Tape: Serious Argument with Satisfactory Resolution (in pile near Greet-O)

• Lore Book: Mutilate Diary (On corpse near V.I.C.I)

• Lore Book: Note from Nov. 13th (On corpse near V.I.C.I)

• Tape: Pico’s Playtesting (In frozen container outside the area with Pico)

• Vendor: Vendomatic 2000 [Nerd Stuff 5 & Mechanics 6]

• Insulated Vehicle Plating

• Save Valor by transferring Reagan to Machine Commune

Ranger HQ Visit 2 (Post Zealot Mission)

• Lore Book: Encyclopedia Robotica (War room any time after first visit)

• Vendor: Bobby Cotter or Arapaho Mechanic (depending on what you do with Mama Cotter)

• Defender Chassis

• Deliverer Chassis

• Medium Vehicle Plating

• Helix Turret (?)

• Fullborer

Patriarch’s Palace

• Railgun (Reward for bringing in Valor alive)

Department of Energy Site

• Tape: Marie Soto Lecture (Garage inside locker)

• Lore Book: Redacted Orders (Laboratory inside container in southeastern corner)

• Magneto Cannon (Somewhere in here)

• Rad Shield (One of “Main Room’s” containers)

Aspen

• Tape: Aspen Radio Ad 2 (First area in northeastern junk pile)

• Tape: Aspen Radio Ad 1 (Welcome lodge west wing locked locker) [Lockpick ?]

• Tape: Opie Survives (Welcome Lodge locked safe next to Opie) [Lockpick ?]

• Lore Book: Foreman’s Log (Construction Yard northwest room container)

• Little Hell

• Tape: Marriage Counseling (Guest suite in container in room with “two undermined hostages” [not sure what this means, but I’ll update it when I figure it out])

• Tape: Aspen is Under Attack (Basement in first container)

• Lore Book: Note to Llewelyn (Basement next to Llewelyn)

• Lore Book: Everybody Shits! (Pool in container on the right side)

• Lore Book: Patient Report… (Patriarch’s Suite in large container behind Vic)

• Tape: Vic & Breathers (In small room in Patriarch’s Suite)

Cannibal Jamboree

• Goat Cannon (Locker inside workshop) [Lockpick 9]

• Turbocharger (Northeastern container)

Ranger HQ Visit 3 (Post Psychopath Mission)

• Vendor: Bobby Cotter or Arapaho Mechanic (depending on what you do with Mama Cotter)

• Dominator Chassis

• Heavy Vehicle Plating

Patriarch’s Palace

• Cluster Bomb (Reward for bringing in Vic alive)

Paint Mines

• KILL WIND THAT TANGLES IMMEDIATELY

• Nitro Ray (Reward for completing the mission in this way)

Tellurium Mines

• Plasma Spitter (Destroy turret that is controlled by the computer and loot it)

Toaster Repair Academy

• Lore Book: Distinguished Annals of Toaster Repair (Bookcase next to altar)

World Map

• Vendor: Refugee affiliated vendors (liked or loved)

• Caltrop Launcher

• Vendor: Sister Reckoning (in Colorado) [Already talked about her above, but this is where she’ll be]

• Electromagnetic Countermeasures

• Shockwave (Easternmost bunker on the map, in narrow passage that goes off the map northeast of Ghost Town)

Ranger HQ Visit 4 (After Speaking with Angela Deth at Hoon Homestead)

• Clearcutter

Yuma County Speedway

• Tape: Godfisher Kiting Ritual (corpse near bison and clowns in first area)

• Tape: Yuma County Speedway Race (Demo-Derby area in north locked truck) [Lockpick 8]

• Tape: Demolition Derby (Inside Gang Compound after dealing with Liberty next to Percival Wesson)

• Godfisher Wind Farm

• Tape: Risky Brikett’s Recipe (Meat Clown: inside container in the room with the corpses)

• Tape: Alaska Surprise Jingle (Buried next to ice cream truck)

• Tape: Windfarm Engineering Report (Bone Pit: on corpse by the worms)

• Scar Collector Mines

• Tape: Cosmonaut Logs (Inside a locked safe within the compound)

22 hours ago, Mytre said:

No, there is no update.

I don't know how he did it.

I tried to send him a message but it's impossible.

May still be a cheater

Well, that AliG200 person did get the answering machine trophy BEFORE ever dealing with Liberty Buchanan in Yuma County ..... Not calling anyone a cheater but its pretty impressive considering there is a tape in her room you need :)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

Well, that AliG200 person did get the answering machine trophy BEFORE ever dealing with Liberty Buchanan in Yuma County ..... Not calling anyone a cheater but its pretty impressive considering there is a tape in her room you need :)

Hahahaha... Good catch!

11 hours ago, soademi said:

Not yet but is a excellent idea. Is there any mail or web to do that? 

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the wasteland 3 console bug report forum within the first link. https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=65 or try this one https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Here's a copy of the message I sent them for convenience. 

Wasteland 3 platinum is currently unobtainable due to two trophies tied to collectibles being glitched. The trophies are "book learning" and "answering machine", which corresponds to the cassettes and lore books. There are 57 tapes in the game files, 54 listed in the ingame archive. 4 are meant to be in the tutorial level, only 1 is obtainable.Two tapes in downtown are duplicates, achievement breaks there. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the wasteland 3 console bug report forum within the first link. https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=65 or try this one https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Here's a copy of the message I sent them if you're feeling lazy. 

Wasteland 3 platinum is currently unobtainable due to two trophies tied to collectibles being glitched. The trophies are "book learning" and "answering machine", which corresponds to the cassettes and lore books. There are 57 tapes in the game files, 54 listed in the ingame archive. 4 are meant to be in the tutorial level, only 1 is obtainable.Two tapes in downtown are duplicates, achievement breaks there. 

Thanks! Its not a lazy problem,  I speak un spanish so there are so much things that I dont know how  is ok to say. Thanks pal

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Here's a copy of the message I sent them for convenience. 

I also sent them this, so hopefully, they'll address it in the next update!

New patch is coming out next week that should significantly decrease loading times and fix various quest/gameplay issues https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-patch-1-1-2-save-scummers-delight-now-live-steam-gog

The bugged trophies wont be fixed in this upcoming patch but they're looking into it https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053616313-Wasteland-3-High-Priority-Known-Issues-Workarounds-Status-PC-Console-

Edited by Game_Knot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Game_Knot said:

New patch is coming out next week that should significantly decrease loading times and fix various quest/gameplay issues https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-patch-1-1-2-save-scummers-delight-now-live-steam-gog

The bugged trophies wont be fixed in this upcoming patch but they're looking into it https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053616313-Wasteland-3-High-Priority-Known-Issues-Workarounds-Status-PC-Console-

Cool! Let's be patient.

I have finished the game 3 times and I do not really want to do it a fourth time but I believe that there will be no choice :(

• Like 1