True Legend Trophy - Scramble Exploit Explanation

slayer02348

I've seen various posts around about the exploit where you use a scramble with you set on legendary and your partner on easy.   However, I see numerous comments that people are saying this hasn't worked for them, or that it worked only after multiple attempts and is buggy.   I set out to get this trophy this morning, and it did not pop for me on my first attempt. Reading online, there are lots of theories that it matters how many holes you finish, how many times your ball is the one selected, and so on.  Well, I think I figured it out and I think its simpler than we are all making it out to be.  I tested my theory and the trophy popped.  

Simply put, I believe the trophy seems to be triggered by your scorecard being under par on 18 holes.  When I say this, I mean your INDIVIDUAL scorecard, not your team card.  When you do a scramble, you get credit for every hole where you actually hole the ball out, and that birdie/bogey/par goes on your card. You simply get a slash on your scorecard for the holes your partner finishes out.   My theory is that the holes you finish need to total to par or under.  My first round I know I had several bogeys down the stretch when i was finishing holes out with my player and putting poorly.  My second run i was sure to have my partner finish the hole if it was a bogey.  

Hope this helps clear up the inconsistency in using this exploit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's what worked for me. 

• Play a Local Match Scramble add 3 guest players
  • Set yourself to Legend - put guest 1,2,3 on Beginner  
  • Play the Boston course under par
  • Make sure your player takes the last putt

It popped the Egg-cellent Match and True Legend trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Fiste said:

Here's what worked for me. 

• Play a Local Match Scramble add 3 guest players
  • Set yourself to Legend - put guest 1,2,3 on Beginner  
  • Play the Boston course under par
  • Make sure your player takes the last putt

It popped the Egg-cellent Match and True Legend trophies.

when you say make sure my guy takes last putt do you mean the last putt on every hole or the last shot of the entire match.  It's hard to shoot par or better and hit the last shot with my guy on every single hole considering how easy it is to miss a 1 foot putt on legendary difficulty.  I played a match and shot even par and my guy made the last shot of the entire match and no trophy.  Also which course is the Boston course?

SO most definitely is what is important is that your player you want to get the trophy for finishes off the putt on EVERY hole.  If you set the tees to red it's actually quite easy.  I tried all three ways 1st I just played scrabble and had  team score under par but didn't get the trophy.  Next I tried having my player get the last putt in the match and still no trophy.  Finally, I made sure my player finished each and every hole and the trophy popped.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, steel6burgh said:

SO most definitely is what is important is that your player you want to get the trophy for finishes off the putt on EVERY hole.  If you set the tees to red it's actually quite easy.  I tried all three ways 1st I just played scrabble and had  team score under par but didn't get the trophy.  Next I tried having my player get the last putt in the match and still no trophy.  Finally, I made sure my player finished each and every hole and the trophy popped.

Can confirm this method works as of Nov 29th. Just got both trophies for Legend 18 holes and Scramble. Thanks guys! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I got this to pop up after getting some bogies and with the guy on my team getting some of the pars and birdies. So for me it wasn't my guy only.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, steel6burgh said:

I got the trophy after letting my team mate knock down a few... it wasn't just my guy. I just needed to fished under par at the end.. 

On 3/7/2021 at 9:07 AM, Andre3K1823 said:

I got this to pop up after getting some bogies and with the guy on my team getting some of the pars and birdies. So for me it wasn't my guy only.

I got the trophy after letting my team mate knock down a few... it wasn't just my guy. I just needed to fished under par at the end.. 

it was quite some time  it may have been patched.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does still work as of June 14th 2021.

Remember it has to be a full 18 Round-Match + you have to putt the very last hole on the 18th Round with your Main who's set to Legendary.

Only the 18th was necessary for me.

But (!) If you finish the 18th hole with your 2nd, 3rd of 4th Character it won't count for this Trophy.

I wasted 3 Full-18 Rounds until i finally understood this.

Edit rage: F*** this game. I lost the last Tourney, i quit and downloaded the Save - Said it's corrupted ?

So close to Platinum and only had 2 rivals left... Now i can do it all over again b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶ F*** you EA

Edit 2: I'm trying it again ? But this time I'll copy the save onto USB as well. Whatever I'll eventually get it done

Edited by Pendaemonium
Edited again making it little more clear for others :)

On 6/14/2021 at 0:14 PM, Pendaemonium said:

Does still work as of June 14th 2021.

Remember it has to be a full 18 Round-Match + you have to putt the very last hole on the 18th Round with your Main who's set to Legendary. IIfyou don't and instead finish the 18th hole with your 2nd, 3rd of 4th Ghost it won't count (!)

I wasted 3 Full-18 Rounds until i finally understood how to do this lmao

Edit: F*** this game. I lost the last Tourney, i quit and downloaded the Save - Said it's corrupted 1f62d.png

So close to Platinum and only 2 rivals left... Now i can do it all over again b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶ F*** you EA

Edit 2: I'm trying it again 1f605.png But this time I'll copy the save onto USB as well. Whatever I'll eventually get it done

Did your main character finish every hole or just the last one? 

On 20.6.2021 at 1:28 AM, Justin_VaD said:

Did your main character finish every hole or just the last one? 

Nope just the last one 

Edit: I just changed my Text making it a little more clear :)

Edited by Pendaemonium

• 3 months later...

Still works, I got it last night using the above method.  First try my legend character putted out on 4 holes, including the 18th, but no trophy.  Second try main character putted out on 12 holes, including the 18th and got it.  Both runs had at least one bogey, so you can drop shots.  Not sure if it is luck, but I suggest completing more holes with the legend player.  Good luck!

Edited by colfish
typo

Still works on TPC Boston. Just check your score on your scorecard is at least par, better under, on the holes you sink. I had 6 holes with a birdie on my player and 5 par. 7 under with teammate. Doesn´t matter if the other team is under as long as your team wins. I did sink a birdie on the 18th just to make sure.

4 hours ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Tried twice more, putted with my guy on 9 of the holes, and still nothing.

Was your individual score par or better?

When your teammate sinks a putt, your scorecard will be marked with a / so only holes you sink putts on add to your score.

It doesn't seem to matter how many holes you putt and score on, as long as a) your individual score is par or under (no scores in squares, b) your team score is par or under, and c) you beat the other team.

The trophy did not pop for me on my first attempt as my individual score was over par. On my second attempt, my individual score was under par. My teammate even scored the putt on the 18th hole (and about 4 other holes) and the trophy still popped.

So again, your individual score being under par seems to be the key, not how many putts your make. You can check it in the pause menu, then go to scorecard.

• Like 1