True Legend Trophy - Scramble Exploit Explanation

slayer02348

9 minutes ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Yeah I finished 1 under on my scorecard. So not sure whats going on, just tried again with no luck.

Your player is set on Legend? If you change anything the setting goes to Custom. That might not work.

4 hours ago, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

Was your individual score par or better?

When your teammate sinks a putt, your scorecard will be marked with a / so only holes you sink putts on add to your score.

It doesn't seem to matter how many holes you putt and score on, as long as a) your individual score is par or under (no scores in squares, b) your team score is par or under, and c) you beat the other team.

The trophy did not pop for me on my first attempt as my individual score was over par. On my second attempt, my individual score was under par. My teammate even scored the putt on the 18th hole (and about 4 other holes) and the trophy still popped.

So again, your individual score being under par seems to be the key, not how many putts your make. You can check it in the pause menu, then go to scorecard.

This is information I was not previously aware of, I will be adding this to the trophy guide to further clarify. Thank you!

I just got the Trophy by using the Scramble method.
A few things have not been stressed enough here i think, so ill just reiterate what i did!

In general i followed the guide, played on Boston, set my main to legend difficulty and three guests as beginner.

What i did additionally:

Set Wind to none! That way, with your beginner teammate, your shots will be perfectly straight if you hit them right!

Set tees to red! That reduces the overall distance and you should be able to get on the green with at least 2 strokes to go for a birdie. Try the putt with your main, if it doesnt work, you can use the putting preview with your beginner teammate! So aim your putt so that it lands right next to the pin, that way you can do the next very easy putt with your main!

1MoQIA4.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Just noticed your handicap, does that effect it?

No it doesn't. I had mine at +20.7 and this worked fine. But gernboes tips specifically about Wind and Tee are helpful to getting this done. Because you don't want to shoot -1 or -2 and barely be under par because the trophy won't pop. You want to beat that by a lot if you can, and this is the easiest way to do so.

9 hours ago, gernboes said:

I just got the Trophy by using the Scramble method.
A few things have not been stressed enough here i think, so ill just reiterate what i did!

In general i followed the guide, played on Boston, set my main to legend difficulty and three guests as beginner.

What i did additionally:

Set Wind to none! That way, with your beginner teammate, your shots will be perfectly straight if you hit them right!

Set tees to red! That reduces the overall distance and you should be able to get on the green with at least 2 strokes to go for a birdie. Try the putt with your main, if it doesnt work, you can use the putting preview with your beginner teammate! So aim your putt so that it lands right next to the pin, that way you can do the next very easy putt with your main!

1MoQIA4.jpg

7 hours ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Just noticed your handicap, does that effect it?

I dont think so. My HC was at zero because i hadnt done enough matches at that point to have an actual HC.

I also forgot to mention that i tried it twice yesterday and it didnt work, although i did have an overall score under par, but only -2 or something. Other than the score being worse, i did putt with my main less, but i never had a hole over par, so theoretically it should have worked anyway, but it didnt. So from my experience putt as much as possible with your main (i did every putt with my main when i got it) and try to get as good a score as you can...

My theory on how this works, maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But when you hole out, you get whatever that score is. You make a birdie putt, you get -1, if you don't I think you get credit with the score plus one stroke. So if your partner makes a birdie, you get credit for a par.  That might explain why when you shoot a -1, it doesn't pop. That's why I suggest playing on the Red Tees with no wind, it's a lot easier to shoot -10 or better with that. That seems to be key to getting it to pop this way.

Here's the thing about how it works: even in a scramble game, your player is still given an individual score on each hole. That score might be hidden, but it exists. This is the "scorecard" that needs to be under par for this trophy to pop. 

This is easily verifiable: once the game is over, you can check each player's individual statistics and the game will tell you how many birdies, pars, bogeys etc. your player got on the round. Individually. And the total will add to 18 no matter what. Meaning that your player gets a score on each hole, no matter who finishes it. 

Now I don't 100% understand how the game decides the score for your player individually ... obviously if your player is the one sinking the final putt, and the score is attributed to him on the scorecard, then that's the score he gets. 

I also think that if your player goes first, misses the putt, then the partner sinks it, your player is given a score of "N+1". So if the team gets a birdie, the birdie appears for your partner on the scorecard, but behind the scene your player gets a "hidden" par. 

On the other hand, I don't know what happens when, say, your partner putts first and sinks it. Also, there is probably a flaw in my theory, since on my statistics when I got the trophy, there was one triple bogey for my player. And I have no idea how the game got that. As a team, we never had anything worse than a par. I cannot figure out how the game would decide to give my player a triple bogey. 

So pay attention to these "hidden scores", try to finish a hole with your own player as much as possible (that way, you don't get a +1 penalty for your player), try to avoid obstacles and going out of bounds to avoid penalties (that might be the explanation for my triple bogey ...) and the trophy will pop with this method. 

Just got my trophy on first try. This is how I did:

- Choose the course 'Royal Ethalwind' because of the easy greens and use the red tee.

- Set the conditions to: No wind, very firm fairway, firm greens and very slow greens.

- Choose scramble with 3 guests (yourself on legendary and the other 3 on beginner)

- Try to put as many holes with your player and NOT with the guest. I putted 17 with my player and only 1 with my guest player by accident.

- Score par or better over the whole course. I ended up with -9

- Score BETTER then you opponents. 

I did all of this and trophy popped on my first try (13 October '21).

Good luck to all of you still trying!

On 10/14/2021 at 7:28 AM, TiNnYzEuS said:

I didn’t want to make another thread just to ask but is there a specific mode to play to get your handicap? I’ve played 6 pga tour events and haven’t been given a handicap yet?

Just keep playing the tour. You'll eventually get it along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, TiNnYzEuS said:

I didn’t want to make another thread just to ask but is there a specific mode to play to get your handicap? I’ve played 6 pga tour events and haven’t been given a handicap yet?

Quit the game. Upon restart, your previous scores will show, and your handicap calculation will display. Finishing an additional round will then allow the trophy to pop, if you’ve met the requirements. 

On 13/10/2021 at 4:28 AM, jorritje87 said:

- Choose the course 'Royal Ethalwind' because of the easy greens and use the red tee.

- Set the conditions to: No wind, very firm fairway, firm greens and very slow greens.

- Choose scramble with 3 guests (yourself on legendary and the other 3 on beginner)

- Try to put as many holes with your player and NOT with the guest. I putted 17 with my player and only 1 with my guest player by accident.

As of today (31 Oct), I confirm this method works.

I use the TPC Boston course instead, but the conditions were the same, ended with -16 (the other team with +2), I put 13 holes and my guest 5 BUT I put the 18 hole under par too.

And the trophy pops!

• Like 1

I got it to work, thanks for the exploit explenations people. Doing this 'legit' seems way beyond my skills.

No wind and clear weather were really nice additions.

I didn't get the trophy the first time, but my 2nd team won the match (big time). I made sure my main team won the 2nd match and that worked. I never had a bogey with my main team and both players made puts. I did put the 18th hole with my main account just to be sure.

worked for me as well, on my second try. (red flags only, no wind, most puts made by my player and as many birdies as possible)

I always chose the guest's spots up until the green - not only because the ones hit with my player were ways off the course (fuck legendary is hard) but also because it caused my player to go first. did this up to the put possibilities so even if my birdie try goes past the hole, i have the possibility to set up an easier put with my guest, which my player can then put (usually for par)

Edited by Tepp-a

• 2 weeks later...

I got this trophy today on TPC Boston. I think I have figured out why sometimes this doesn't pop when it looks like it should. Making changes like which tee box to use, weather off, course conditions etc has no effect on the trophy but makes it easier to golf. I missed several 3 inch putts the first time i tried. Not ashamed.

To get the trophy your golfer has to be PAR or better (stroke count), NOT your TEAM OVERALL SCORE - these are not the same. Your stroke count is hidden on the scorecard if your partner finishes the hole so you can either keep stroke count on paper or make sure to be the one sinking the putts. Stroke count is visible while you are playing the hole (upper left). The other teams score is irrelevant.

How stroke is counted:

Every stroke counts for one. Even if you do not sink the putt but made an attempt it will count against you. This is why it is important to make sure you (not your partner) finish the hole.

Examples:

Par 4 

You putt for birdie first but miss = 4 strokes

Your partner scores the bird after you = 3 strokes

Your team score is -1 but your golfer is EVEN. 

Par 4

You putt for par and miss = 5 strokes ( you are now over PAR for that hole and +1 for the last two holes)

Your partner finishes the hole = 4 strokes

Your two round team score is showing as -1 but your golfer score is actually 1 over so you will not get the trophy but cannot understand why.

I hope that helps. 

TLDR;

TPC Boston is a PAR 73 so you must finish the round with less than 74 strokes to player to get the True Legend Trophy.  Remember, we are using an exploit. So the game will only pop the trophy if you have met the requirements (Par or better on Legend difficulty). Winning the match doesnt matter, your team score doesnt matter. Only your total stroke count at the end of the round.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-11-15 at 8:44 PM, audiopile said:

Winning the match doesnt matter, your team score doesnt matter. Only your total stroke count at the end of the round.

This seems correct to me: I just popped it on Royal Ethalwind, my guest partner sunk almost half the putts, my character had 11 Birdies, 6 Pars, 1 Bogey. My strokes came under the maximum so it all worked out! Just to be careful, I sank the final putt with my character and generally made the other team worse, but I don’t think that mattered.

Same advice that others had was helpful. I just tried not to overly mess up on your strikes getting to the green (try not to go out of bounds or in water or you can get extra strokes applied), and once you’re at the green either character on your team can try to get the putt in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 3:28 AM, jorritje87 said:

Can confirm that this method works as of Dec 28th 2021. 

Ended up putting 17 holes as I hit an accidental eagle with guest1. 

Would also add that going into the pause menu and selecting “skip hole” while using the other team saves a lot of time. 

Ended up with -13 and the other team was +197 lol.