Hairshrieker is missable

Just a heads up, I missed the Hairshrieker trophy. The guide suggests it’s story related, but I don’t think it is. You specifically have to escape it without getting caught. I got caught by it twice and was able to heal and keep running. Once I completed the sequence, I did not get the trophy. I think you need to escape the Hairshrieker AND not be injured by it. If anyone can confirm, please comment. Otherwise my game just glitched.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I can confirm it's related to seeing the creature die. I had to do it 5-6 times before I figured it out, but I just got it. I was standing on the ground on the other side of the hedge to the right of the monster, did not cross the gate.

I did die in the chase sequence before that, and I did get hit by her in the chase. Bit of a tangent but I don't think it's possible to complete the chase without getting hit climbing the gazebo - I watched a bunch of YT videos trying to figure out what the conditions were for this trophy and nobody made it through that unscathed.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Thanks to your tips I did not miss this on my first run. Took your advice to wait a bit and safely watch the Shrieker get pulled back down by the giant hands behind the tall hedge... then pop goes the trophy!  In fact I always make sure to wait a bit for this particular chase cutscene just to be on the safe side.  So far so good!

... I also died twice, so getting hit by the monster has nothing to do with the trophy not popping.  It is watching it go down is what makes the trophy pop it seems.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...