Map turning black

Hey, I'm like 40+ hours into the game and today weird thing occured. When I crossed regions border (on foot, not by fast travel) local map turned black. I still can see all icons and markers but whole background is black. I took different road and manages to avoid it for the first time but now it's happening within the same region. There is a sidequest in Tala Rane, Niahm's labors when the guy asks you to kill few beasts and last of them being a jottun not too far from where he is. I take the quest, map is fine but once I get close to jottun location it turns black and I have no idea how to bypass it. 

Reloading save doesn't help, neither does restarting the game. I haven't tried reinstalling yet. Perhaps someone ran into the same issue and has a solution. Much appreciated! 

This issue was in the original as well (and it happened to me in the original and in this one again), but as far as I know, it only affects the Plains of Erathell. Doesn't affect the dungeons, I think, and once you go to a different region, it's fine. So it's an annoyance if you still have lots to do there, but once you're done with it, it won't be a problem anymore. Lame answer, I know, but if they didn't fix it then, I don't expect them fixing it now.

Happened to me today on the quest mirror mirror. Walking from the dungeon from the previous quest to the blackened halls, my minimap will stop working right outside the hall (tested three times). Luckily I had an autosave right as I left the previous dungeon and it seems like as long as I don't walk towards the hall, it stays unbugged. So I guess I'm going to finish the rest of the game and come back to the halls as my last step. Annoying as I have been 100% each area as I pass through. I still haven't been to Detyre or the other continents. 

18 hours ago, Psychedout said:

Happened to me today on the quest mirror mirror. Walking from the dungeon from the previous quest to the blackened halls, my minimap will stop working right outside the hall (tested three times). Luckily I had an autosave right as I left the previous dungeon and it seems like as long as I don't walk towards the hall, it stays unbugged. So I guess I'm going to finish the rest of the game and come back to the halls as my last step. Annoying as I have been 100% each area as I pass through. I still haven't been to Detyre or the other continents. 

I did some research and as mentioned above, issue was present in original. It happens only in Plains of Eretheal region and even after you get black map there, it goes back to normal once you travel to other region. Not sure however if PoE region is broken for good. I encountered it while doing side activities there and I managed to avoid it by taking different routes but yesterday I was doing main quest there, the one with the thunder spear and when I left the dungeon, map was already broken so I couldn't really go around this time. Anyway I have done everything there so no need to go back.