Speedster trophy and various tips

FinalFan

This is not a trophy guide, but some tips may be helpful for some of you. At least, I hope!

Speedster is easy to get, you can actually earn it while going for other trophies like talking with Mrs. Save, beating the drums, getting every Meowsterpiece and the item Giraffe lost. I got it in 4h03 minutes, and didn’t even skip cutscenes with :triangle:.

EhzFTLMXgAIAAxw.jpg

As long as you remember some basics things, it’ll go fine.

Forest dungeon is night only, same for Ghost Carpenter (to repair the bridge).

Ocean and Fire dungeons are day only. You can visit Thomas at night only and Mary only during daytime.

The main thing to keep in mind here is in chapter 4, as Mary needs 3 days to make this beautiful dress for Annika, you should first get the cloth and take a reference pic as soon as possible to bring those to her, then, go in the dark subterranean dungeon to learn the dance and get missed Meowsterpieces in previous dungeons with super dash and swimming abilities. Don’t forget to exit the dungeon from the pause menu as soon as you got what you came for ;) 

Also, sometimes it’s faster to die than going back from the chest to grab the Meowsterpiece inside.

New from update 1.01, you can also respawn from the last recovery point!

As soon as you wake up (beginning of last chapter) save and talk to the Rabbit father, then go ahead of him to open the green door and arrive just in time to take the Ropeway before 3pm! Don’t forget to talk to the Ghost Conductor first before 2:30pm to validate your ticket!

You can find a steam guide (in ??) for every collectible-related trophy, but I’ll add some notes:

About the drums, the last two are very close, just before riding the Ropeway to Triangle Mountain (on the right) and just after the ride, before crossing the first bridge (on the left). This is where the :bronze: should pop.

For the Meowsterpieces, there’s a chest on the opposite side of the drum before riding the Ropeway to Triangle Mountain, inside a bedroom on the left. The last one is inside the dungeon, pretty difficult to miss.

Why am I talking about those collectibles? Actually, it seems impossible to go left (chest / Meowsterpiece) and right (hitting drum) before talking to the Ghost Conductor, then taking the Ropeway to the Triangle Mountain.

It was a good idea I guess, to save right after waking up from the White/Dream World. I finished the drums trophy first, then reloaded and go for the remaining Meowsterpieces.

For Mrs. Save, you can talk to her 3 times, I mean the one in the center of the three colored circles (later replaced by the Goddess’ statue).

1. First time you encounter her, before meeting Hillfred.
  2. When Hillfred will guide you (and Giraffe) to the Fire dungeon.
  3. After she was moved to a wooden cart, and replaced by the Goddess’ statue.

And for the one that will accompany you inside the trolley within the Triangle Mountain, instead of Mr. Rabbit. Talk to her before and after the ride!

• What’s the reward for gathering all the 30 Meowsterpieces for the Ghost Baron?
Spoiler

Nothing really interesting, especially at the very end of the game. It’s the light blue hoodie Annika is wearing in the real world.

Also, did you notice Thomas and Mary are Annika’s parents?

It’s highly recommended to wear the orange swimsuit

Spoiler

to get Giraffe’s ring

in the ocean as it’s pretty long to go forth and back. This swimsuit will make Annika swim way faster!

Now, let’s talk about the rhythm games! ? This is why you clicked here, huh? ?

I don’t remember the score needed to earn the third bonus illustration, but I got it after finishing my first song in hard difficulty.

The five songs were S rank (only one A rank) on easy + normal.

• Is it possible to get Perfect Rhythm after completing all songs on easy + normal with no misses?

No, you’ll also have to clear the songs on hard difficulty, too.

• How many points are needed for Bonus Drawing Collector?

EiSaO-IWoAMGILs.jpg

I actually earned A Rank, Perfect Rhythm and Bonus Drawing Collector after clearing the final song (Triangle Mountain) on hard difficulty with no misses.

I think those three trophies are tied together and it seems difficult to secure an A Rank on hard with some misses…

I’m now over 435,000 but still missing S Rank on three songs on hard difficulty.

Actually, I don’t like playing Ocean and Fire dungeon songs as I find them kinda random / irregular and this is easily tricky when you’re aiming at S Rank.

Having Lily so close to you on the right dancing in her bikini is distracting (second part of first half) even when you’re not looking at her. She’s still in your field of vision ?

Keeping an on your score is important when reaching for S Ranks!

Miss: 0; OK: 50; Good: 100; Great: 200

Let’s say at some point (you can breathe a few seconds 2 or 3 times on each song) you have 36 combo, your max score should be 7200 (36 great). So, if for example you scored 6750, it means you have something like 32 great, 3 good, and 1 ok so far. And later a 84 combo, your max score should be 16800 (84 great). So, if for example you scored 15700, it means you have something like 74 great, 8 good and 2 ok.

Forest Dungeon Max combo / No miss: Easy: 52 ; Normal: 82; Hard: 144.

Ocean Dungeon Max combo / No miss: Easy: 63 ; Normal: 112; Hard: 159.

Fire Dungeon Max combo / No miss: Easy: 88 ; Normal: 137; Hard: 201.

White World Max combo / No miss: Easy: 99 ; Normal: 144; Hard: 211.

Triangle Mountain Max combo / No miss: Easy: 97 ; Normal: 157; Hard: 216.

The bonuses are working like this: combo x20 + 2000 for no miss.

Forest Dungeon hard with 25500 + 144 x20 + 2000 = 30380 (S Rank).

Ocean Dungeon hard with 28300 + 159 x20 + 2000 = 33480 (A Rank).

EhzFT7oXYAAFJ7c.jpg 

I guess that’s all! You can also check the community founded by duncan45, it definitively needs more players ?

• Like 2