PS5 ability to delete parts of a download?

Infected Elite

From Mark Cerny in 2019

“Rather than treating games like a big block of data, we’re allowing finer-grained access to the data,” he said. This will make it possible for players to install and remove parts of a game (multiplayer or campaign, for example). We’re assuming that those who purchase Miles Morales Ultimate Edition will be able to delete the Spider-Man remaster once they’re done with it.

taken from:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/09/20/ps5-game-sizes-revealed/

hoping its true, would be nice. Play campaign of Spiderman, delete it while still having Miles installed. Or the Single player deleted after Black Ops.

any further clarification would be nice. Seems we still no so little about the ps5

On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code** for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. 

This is from the Playstation Blog post about Spider-man. The Remaster is a separate download, so you'd be able to delete it separately anyway.

I trust what Cerny says, generally. It'll probably depend on the game developer to allow/designate parts that can be deleted.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Maybe having the ability to separate the multiplayer from single player, remove the DLC from base game, detach prologue, break away the epilogue, pick and choose different modes, etc. who knows...We'll see.

They do that already when they charge us extra $$$$ to download the parts they stripped out and resold as DLC.

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Gonna be less than that since the console will reserve space. Probably going to be more like 700 gigs

i just hope there isnt some BS like if i want to play Persona 5 Royal on ps5 (why i havent started it tbh), it's installed at 38.99GB or something. Is it gonna stay 38? or will it have a ps5 update and add extra GB?