Difficulty compared to Mortal Kombat 9?

yukon

Fully agreeing with @Sergen here. The hardest trophy skill wise in MK9 is that secret fight 1 where you have to find Jade, and even there you can cheese it with Smoke, teleporting whenever you see a sliver of an enemy pixel moving. And of course...surviving the absolute boredom of "My kung fu is stronger" and grinding 2500 respect points online.

In comparison, in SSF4 you have those trials who are one of the toughest things to do in fighting games(forget about mashing buttons, it's frame perfect inputs land), the secret fights(if you include DLC, finding and defeating Oni is a headache even with the 2P exploit), all the arcade runs on hardest and yeah...online that has to be constantly watched because many people still play SF4 religiously. Expect to spend a LOT of time in Trial mode, unless you are secretly very good at Street Fighter of course!

• Like 3

I'll be honest, every trophies except the titles and icons, which are connected to the trials (so the trials too) can be cheesed quite easily,  online can be boosted easily, as you can check your opponents before the match, focus attack before wakeup fucks up the cpu, and  said cpu cannot properly handle  Zangief, so beat arcade on x with y can be done easily.

The showstoppers are the my kung fu is stronger and  the trial trophies respectively, mk is a question of time, sf of skill, wouldn't  hurt an arcade pad.

16 hours ago, Sergen said:

In terms of comparing the most difficult trophies from MK9 to the most difficult trophies of Super Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV absolutely shits all over MK9 and is 100x more difficult than it. MK9 is the easiest fighting game platinum that is below 1% rarity on this website and is commonly done by people as a first fighting game with little difficulty. Super Street Fighter IV has consistently remained among people's most difficult platinums for years and still holds up to the difficulty rating people were giving it 10 years ago. MK9 is rated 9/10 difficulty on trophy forums solely because My Kung Fu is Stronger is a long grind but even then a lot of that grind can be done AFK... In terms of grinding on Super Street Fighter IV, none of it can be efficiently grinded AFK, but the grind you will face is not the case of repeating the same actions 100 times, it is enduring the trials which will test your patience and take varying amounts of time to complete. MK9 was not good preparation before attempting Super Street Fighter IV as it is one of the easier fighting games to pick up and learn, the timing in the trials on Super Street Fighter IV absolutely demolishes any timing you would be required to perform in MK9 combos.

This is exactly what I was trying to tell @Copanele the other day on his trophy thread. 

Street Fighter was always more technical and skill based than Mortal Kombat. 

I can do practically all the moves for Liu Kang give or take a few hours. 

Doing the super moves for even Ryu and Ken require a lot more focus and reflexes. The 1/60th timing needed for some of those trials are the real platinum breaker. 

Somebody like Dhalsim or Zangief take a great deal of time and effort to master. Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Scorpion and Jax I can probably master in far less time.

To my knowledge there is nothing Mortal Kombat has that requires the skills and technical ability that you need for Guile, Dhalsim or Zangief from Street Fighter.

• Like 3

Any fighting game on PSN has no trophy for mastering all characters combos  or long survival like beating 100 opponents or beat Unfair score attacks with all characters like P4A it should be an easy fighting game . 

Idk why in other sites MK9 platinum rated 9/10 . 

SF4 Combos should compare with game like KOF13 imo . 

Edited by Bullet_KwT

In one game, you need one frame (1/60 of a second) for certain links to connect on a combo.  On the other one, you don't ?‍♂️ Online can boosted on SSF4, but if you're not bad at the game, you can get c rank with default characters in 600 matches or so.  MK and Injustice are overrated IMO

Edited by grimydawg___

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...