Welcoming the Talented Teams and Beloved Game Franchises of Bethesda to Xbox

Xylobe

Odd that this news comes out just days after Deathloop being announced as a timed PS exclusive.

Wonder if this means all their future titles will be Xbox exclusive? To be honest I couldn't care less about BGS's games as they'll all still be running on Gamebryo (oh sorry I meant, cReAtIoN) but I will be sad to see the future Doom, Wolfenstein and any Arkane stuff go XB exclusive.

• Like 1

As a PS only player.... Nothing of value has been lost.  No DH3+, Wolf is trash now and can't be arsed to give FO a second chance.  I don't see them making anything good out of Starfield and TES6, 2 Ls (MS + Bethesda) don't make a W and really don't care about the other franchises. 

• Like 1

Seeing as they have been producing mostly multiplatform games, and Playstation is more popular than Xbox (speaking about sales), it would be like shooting an arrow to their knees making their games PC/Xbox exclusive. I think it's gonna be a matter of being exclusive for the first year or so, or just simply hiring the developers to work on Xbox exclusives altogether. 

• Like 1

This is pretty huge, for me at least, a lot of great series in there, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Prey, Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout are all games I enjoyed this past gen. 

I'm surprised so many people here seem so unafected about this, I'm honestly considering getting an Xbox as tertiary console because of this.

As a side note, this genaration is getting very slipt up, FF XVI and Spidey on PS5, and now this? Wild.

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 3

Well this was a slap to the face.

MS just bought Bethesda and everything with it, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Wolfenstein, etc.

Will be interesting to see if it will make Phil Spencer a liar again, the man who in June said that he dont wanna divide players, everything should be avaliable for everyone, bla bla bla.

Could be a sad day.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1iLtcvwY6Nb1GeKADyDUEX/why-microsoft-is-the-perfect-fit?

• Like 3

Lol

Assuming Bethesda does eventually become Xbox/PC exclusive..  (otherwise what was the point of paying $7.5 billion for them) .. 

It's a good thing I hated every second of the only Bethesda game I've ever played.. about 30 minutes of Fallout 3. It was ugly as all hell, and it helped me discover that I hate first-person games.

edit.. this also includes Zenimax. Well, the only game of theirs I've played is a couple hours of Quake 2 multiplayer.. about 20 years ago.. only because my friends made me do it.. so I still don't care

edit 2 ... now I have vague memories of playing a little bit of Oblivion.. which I hated for the exact same reasons as Fallout 3 ... so I still don't care.

However, I will acknowledge that these are huge franchises.. Fallout & Elder Scrolls especially.. and those would be a big loss for Sony.

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 1