Welcoming the Talented Teams and Beloved Game Franchises of Bethesda to Xbox

Xylobe

1 hour ago, JavaNext said:

This is pretty huge, for me at least, a lot of great series in there, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Prey, Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout are all games I enjoyed this past gen. 

I'm surprised so many people here seem so unafected about this, I'm honestly considering getting an Xbox as tertiary console because of this.

As a side note, this genaration is getting very slipt up, FF XVI and Spidey on PS5, and now this? Wild.

I completly agree with you... I think this is not good for PS5 only players.

But there is no need to buy a Xbox, assuming they will launch every Bethesda game to PC.

Still, I need a new PC ?

According to this tweet, Ghostwire and Deathloop’s exclusivity will be honored and future titles will be released on other consoles on a game to game basis.

https://www.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308062702905044993 

There’s still hope, but probably will be a while before we know anything for sure. Still sucks MS feels the only way they can get good exclusives is throwing money around rather than making any effort themselves.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Does this means that you'll be unable to play digital titles of Bethesda in the future? Have a few and want to play others since a cousin have a couple of them but physical versions. 

To clarify: Do they will block your games since now they are company exclusives? 

What a huge news to be honest. But let's see how this develops, even Bethesda relied a lot on PS4 to sell their games. The next generation of consoles seems pretty tight.

Edited by Xenoblast91

Just now, Xenoblast91 said:

Does this means that you'll be unable to play digital titles of Bethesda in the future? Have a few and want to play others since a cousin have a couple of them but physical versions. 

What a huge news to be honest. But let's see how this develops, even Bethesda relied a lot on PS4 to sell their games. The next generation of consoles seems pretty tight.

Anything that's already available shouldn't be affected by the acquisition

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Odd complaints for Bethesda games such as FO, TES, DOOM, and Wolfenstein. 

The games are political? Isn't FO a game based on a nuclear apocalyspe caused by corrupt governments and then remenants of that government is running/re-uniting with even more genocide?

Wolfenstein is about a real political war with a lot of fantasy, what-if going on.

Aren't all games repetitive? The definition of "games" say that a game is something whose rules repeat over and over.

It's like reading Twitter complaints about gaming from people that don't play games and are bitter about everything.

Wolfenstein Young Blood was filled with political nonsense. For example; Walk through the town in stealth, and you'll hear the enemies occasionally chatting about the storms being caused by climate change. Fallout 4 is all about politics, it's part of the series. The problem is the obvious pandering, Railroad faction being a prime example.

I don't play games? What a fascinating thing to claim, coming from someone who can't even bother playing through their games.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has reportedly said Bethesda games will still appear on non-Xbox consoles on a "case-by-case basis."

This will probably mean anything that Sony has a contract with at this time like games that are being made before Microsoft purchased them will come out on Playstation once the contracts are over Microsoft can say fuck off and make them exclusive. If they do that then they are not gonna make anything near that 7.5 Billion they just spent.

• Like 3

Pretty surprising news, even upsetting to some it seems. I am pretty indifferent about this, mostly because I play games on both pc and ps.

I am trying to remember a game series that was multi platform and then suddenly it released on just one console...can't really think of one right now. But I doubt MS will make bethesda games exclusive only to xbox and pc, I imagine they are smarter than that, but I might be proven wrong.

Also, Bethesda has done some pretty stupid things lately, a change in owners might be a good thing, ofc if some of the higher ups who made those stupid decisions are gone too.

I own just one Bethesda game, which ironically I was cleaning up as the news broke; Dishonored. Been ploughing through Dunwall City Trials as best I can, and these awful, awful Trophies made me swear off ever supporting Arkane again. So I'm not particularly impacted by the way.

I do feel bad for everyone who does like Bethesda's output and now has to anxiously wait for news about exclusivity!

Some of my favorite games are from Obisidian and from the various Zenimax studios (Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey, Dishonored) and I'm also a huge Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan (despite 76 being pretty rough) so this makes my decision for next gen really tough. My first console was the OG Xbox. I went Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> PS4 after being unimpressed with the Xbox One, but I gotta say I haven't be impressed with Sony the last week and they have a real lack of variety in their exclusives. Way too many 3rd person action/adventure games for my taste. I'll probably end up getting both, but I'm conflicted on which one will be my main platform.

I mean i cant deny i love Elder Scrolls and to a slightly lesser extent Fallout. 

The words from various mouthpieces have hinted (at least to me) that exclusivity probably wont be for every game. Which has lightened the news somewhat. 

Exclusivity sucks. I mean i get it, and why it happens. But...it sucks. 

It'd be funny if the 1upmanship of these 2 companies now leads to Sony buying someone say SEGA.