Welcoming the Talented Teams and Beloved Game Franchises of Bethesda to Xbox

Xylobe

The salt in this thread is hilarious. Of course, it's gonna be a huge loss for PlayStation if most of the titles become exclusive, but are we really going down this acrimonious road of pretending that Bethesda games are suddenly "thrash" just because competition exists? I could think of several games that are the pinnacle of what thrash really is compared to Bethesda's games. 

• Like 4

All I care about is Doom, so Microsoft can keep the rest because Bethesda's quality control has been a rollercoaster in recent years. (As has Microsoft's, but I digress)

If anything else pops up that I do want, or Doom becomes exclusive, I'll just play them on my PC. I have zero interest in their consoles or Game Pass otherwise.

(I don't wish to support them through the latter option either)

Edited by Zephrese

The following have been announced to come (or return) to Xbox Game Pass tomorrow, March 12th:

• Dishonored Definitive Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Dishonored 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM (1993) (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM II (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM 3 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM 64 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM Eternal (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Console, PC)
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Console, PC)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Evil Within (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout 4 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout 76 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout: New Vegas (Console)
  • Prey (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • RAGE 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console, PC, Cloud)

Also, apparently future Bethesda games will be available exclusively(?) on platforms where Xbox Game Pass is available.

• Like 1

This is really good news. It means Sony can’t just slack off after a fantastic generation like they did coming off PS2. PC gaming does look even more promising, as you’ll be getting PC exclusives, Xbox exclusives & now even a small slew of PlayStation titles. Competition is good for consumers.

• Like 1

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/future_bethesda_games_will_ship_where_game_pass_exists

Probably best to think, aside from the remote chance Sony would allow Gamepass on their consoles, their stuff is coming to XBox and PC only and be pleasantly surprised if it's otherwise. At least we can stop worrying about it. Maybe they'll be forced to have actual quality control. :P 

A shame that they're going with exclusivity but you can't really blame them. Nothing that Bethesda has put out there since DOOM 2016 has interested me, and Fallout 4 just soured me on their open world games. (The rot started with Skyrim, with the way that it restricted player agency when it came to questing, but at least Skyrim was subtle about it. Fallout 4 was just way too on-rails in terms of player choice that I couldn't stomach it and I put it down the moment I reached a point where something actually managed to kill me rather than reload a save. Fallout 3 was just so much better than both, for me, and I played through it so many times to see all the different ways you could end each quest.)

I might pick up DOOM Eternal at some point in a sale, and I have Dishonored DE and Dishonored 2 on my extended storage to play. 

Wait, didn't they say that some of their games are going to appear on other consoles and they will decide on a case-by-case basis just a few months ago? 

Anyway, what's the next Bethesda game after Deathloop and Ghostwire? Starfield is probably still far away. TES6 is definitely super far away. Nothing else has got a date yet.

So, Arkane Studios and Tango Gameworks have games slated for 2021. Bethesda Game Studios is going to be busy for some time. id Software released Doom Eternal a year ago, so they're going to be busy for a couple of years as well, unless they've been working on more than one project. Avalanche Studios released Rage 2 in 2019, so they're potentially close to announcing something new. Maybe next year. MachineGames just announced Indiana Jones, and is also reportedly working on Wolfenstein 3. Not sure what's going to come out sooner.

Seems like PS5 owners will be fine for a year or two. ?

On 10/20/2020 at 5:58 AM, HuntingFever said:

Considering how Bethesda have utterly destroyed the lore and mythos of the Fallout universe, thanks to numerous pointless retcons and a flagrant disregard for canon, as far I'm concerned, Microsoft can keep them and their broken, near unplayable games. If you want to play any Bugthesda game in anywhere near a playable state, buy it for the PC then mod the hell out of it.

Yeah Bethesda has fallen mightily. I used to like Bethesda games, but as time has gone on I’ve noticed how they are trash at their core. Now Bethesda wants to sell out to a company like Microsoft, they can keep their games for all I care they won’t be getting money from me that’s for damn sure, regardless if it comes out on PS or not

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-22 at 2:51 AM, peffsi said:

Sony is much more likely to buy smaller studios that they have history with. Bluepoint and Housemarque are likely candidates. 

Isn’t this a premonition? Because it just happened! Both studios got acquired by Sony.

• Like 2